Author Topic: Christmas Gift Book Recommendation - (written by ??? Ausonius)  (Read 741 times)

Offline Ausonius

Christmas Gift Book Recommendation - (written by ??? Ausonius)
« on: November 28, 2020, 07:06:01 AM »
 O-) O-) O-) Greetings!  O-) O-) O-)

If you are looking for some Christmas presents - like books, or just a present in general! - to get away (or to get someone else away) from the computers and T.V. screens - books with a mystery and a comically sarcastic narrator     :tongue:    who offers Juvenalesque  :o   CONSERVATIVE commentary on the follies of our modern Leftist society....let me recommend a trilogy!

And even if you are not in the market for books...maybe you will be!   :-)

The Time Capsule Murders:

Why Begins With W

Dial Emma for Murder

Hex High School

Barbara Brooks Wallace, winner of the Edgar Mystery Writers' Award, wrote of the series:

"Sam Spade meets with Holden Caulfield in the person of a young high-school detective of today.  Hard-boiled slang is replaced with pitch-perfect TeenSpeak....It's definitely a 'Can't-Put-It-Down-Until-You've-Read- It-All' kind of series.  Trust me!"

See:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Time+Capsule+Murders?_requestid=5466656

For those not averse to Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Time+Capsule+Murders&i=stripbooks&ref=nb_sb_no
ss

"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Ausonius

Re: Christmas Gift Book Recommendation - (written by ??? Ausonius)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 07:27:22 AM »
Many thanks to the ones who might have ordered so far, and to those who will order the books!

They deal with life in high school, but are not necessarily meant for teenagers.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."