Author Topic: Fred Out of Thursday's Debate; Doesn't Plan on Endorsing  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Fred Out of Thursday's Debate; Doesn't Plan on Endorsing
« on: January 22, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
Fred Out of Thursday's Debate; Doesn't Plan on Endorsing

I spoke to one of my Thompson sources.

He's still with his ailing mother. "He's just being a good son."

He has not spoken to any other campaign or any other candidates, nor does he intend to at this time.

He will not endorse, I am told by this source close to Thompson.

I am also told, "he has no interest in a vice presidency or a cabinet position." At an "appropriate time" he will outline his plans for the near future.

This source believes that the race has demonstrated that whatever happens from here on out, the GOP has to stand for consistent conservative policies across the board.

At one point, I asked this source if the attitude was, 'if you can't be Reagan, be Goldwater,' and the source responded, "exactly."

If I were a betting man, I would bet on him departing the race in the not-too-distant future

Linky

too bad.  he was my guy.  but he got in late, and his heart didn't really seem into it at (most) times.  I wish his mother a speedy recovery.  and he takes votes away from huckleberry, so the longer he officially stays in, the better it is for mccain and mitt.  I have to pause for a moment to consider whether I think that is a good thing or not.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Fred Out of Thursday's Debate; Doesn't Plan on Endorsing
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »
^ditto man. I'm saddened that he's not going to make it. He is the perfect choice in my opinion. I would hope he would consider a VP position. He'd really add a lot to McCain.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jendf

Re: Fred Out of Thursday's Debate; Doesn't Plan on Endorsing
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
Damn, damn, damn.

And my early ballot is already in the mail...oh, well...

*sighs*