Author Topic: OK: FWIW, I had a talk with a major newspaper editor yesterday.  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100214376704

PCIntern (20,366 posts)

OK: FWIW, I had a talk with a major newspaper editor yesterday.

For background, he’s older man soon to be retired, has that quiet brilliance of the old-fashioned newspaper people who truly bring an objective view to the world, despite their own prejudices. I have never known him to use hyperbole, exaggerate, or make statements which are not accurate. He was an acquaintance of all of the Philadelphia power elite during the last 40+ years and has countless interesting and often amusing anecdoteS about these people. I once reflected that he only tells me stories about people who are deceased, he never speaks of individuals who are still with us in order not to violate his own set of principles.

Yesterday, I asked him quite frankly what do you think of the presidential race? He said evenly, that Biden is going to win in a landslide, and that it is going to be embarrassing to the Republicans nationally, because there is going to be a near-sweep of down-ballot races in a multitude of regions. Of course, I followed up with a few questions and he said that he is privy to the private polls, and there is absolutely no question as to what is going to happen which will dwarf any cheating which the Trump folks are going to most certainly implement. He further stated that in 2018 many attempts were made nationally to undermine the Democrats but by sheer numbers they dominated.

I will admit that I felt somewhat better after he left. He has never steered me wrong.

Nope, no prejudices brought to the table here, none at all.   ::)

Nothing really new here, I just wanted to bring this over to see how well this ages come Tuesday.  Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong.  We will know in short order.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Re: OK: FWIW, I had a talk with a major newspaper editor yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 08:05:51 AM »
Three more votes for the President cast today. Me, my wife and my handmaid.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 08:36:49 AM »
Obviously satire, to mock the primitives' delusions.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:54:29 AM »
Quote from:
PCIntern

OK: FWIW...

IOW, zero. It’s worth nothing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 09:29:50 AM »
Those Biden rallies are drawings tens of ones.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 09:39:38 AM »

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 09:40:56 AM »
Obviously satire, to mock the primitives' delusions.

I was remembering what you said about brooklynite the other day and man, he's all over the DU board!  He's posting about every Biden ad he can find.  Wonder what that portends?

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 10:43:01 AM »

Yeppers! His seating arrangements make 50 an SRO crowd, :rotf: . :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 10:44:08 AM »

I was remembering what you said about brooklynite the other day and man, he's all over the DU board!  He's posting about every Biden ad he can find.  Wonder what that portends?

KC

Softening the coming blow?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »

He obviously wants Biden to win, but in his heart he knows he's wrong.

What he's up to is anybody's guess.  Watch him Sunday and Monday, and up until 4:00 p.m. election day, when Skins's island goes down.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 10:57:04 AM »
Softening the coming blow?

I kind of get the feel he may be trying to push the inevitable whining back a few days.  Building them up until the last possible second.  We'll be finding out shortly! 

KC

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 11:19:01 AM »
Another known DUmp pathological liar weighs in.

Dennis does not even know a paper boy much less an editor of any paper.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »
PCIntern (20,366 posts)

The Punkin Creek Times, you know the free one that comes with the grocery store ads. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:
 :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

The ranks of the Deplorables have swelled with the addition of the Chumps! :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »
I believe this is what is known as "accuse others of what you are doing and blame others for your failures" rules.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 04:34:56 PM »
The Punkin Creek Times, you know the free one that comes with the grocery store ads. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:
 :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

The ranks of the Deplorables have swelled with the addition of the Chumps! :-)

Yes, the Editorial section is just between "Dodges - Used" and "Fords - New" sections.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 11:32:07 AM »

PCIntern

OK: FWIW, I had a talk with a major newspaper editor yesterday

Wow,  what a coincidence.
The Intern spoke to the very same major news editor that
presented gNads with a major participation certificate for
her in-depth reporterage of the Ensenada porta‐potty flush handle scandal controversy.
PeeeCee is well connected with the power elite.  :whatever:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
Wow,  what a coincidence.
The Intern spoke to the very same major news editor that
presented gNads with a major participation certificate for
her in-depth reporterage of the Ensenada porta‐potty flush handle scandal controversy.
PeeeCee is well connected with the power elite.  :whatever:

Good to see you, Skul! 

KC

*Stolen

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 08:37:13 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100214376704
PCIntern (20,366 posts)

For background, he’s older man soon to be retired, has that quiet brilliance of the old-fashioned newspaper people who truly bring an objective view to the world, despite their own prejudices. I have never known him to use hyperbole, exaggerate, or make statements which are not accurate. He was an acquaintance of all of the Philadelphia power elite during the last 40+ years and has countless interesting and often amusing anecdoteS about these people. I once reflected that he only tells me stories about people who are deceased, he never speaks of individuals who are still with us in order not to violate his own set of principles.

Yesterday, I asked him quite frankly what do you think of the presidential race? He said evenly, that Biden is going to win in a landslide, and that it is going to be embarrassing to the Republicans nationally, because there is going to be a near-sweep of down-ballot races in a multitude of regions. Of course, I followed up with a few questions and he said that he is privy to the private polls, and there is absolutely no question as to what is going to happen which will dwarf any cheating which the Trump folks are going to most certainly implement. He further stated that in 2018 many attempts were made nationally to undermine the Democrats but by sheer numbers they dominated.

I will admit that I felt somewhat better after he left. He has never steered me wrong.

I'm assuming the editor is from the philadelphia inquirer... if he ain't lying.

We'll see.  I'm sure the rioters in Philly will send Biden over the top.  Nothing makes voting for the dem better than looting scoring free shit from the local stores

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi