Author Topic: Joe: "Why the hell would I take a (cognitive) test?"  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Joe: "Why the hell would I take a (cognitive) test?"
« on: August 05, 2020, 09:29:16 AM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100213857028

Joe is scared.  Scared to debate (and is in fact being told NOT to debate), scared to take a cognitive test, scared to leave his house ...

He makes an absolutely stupid comment in this little snippet the DUmmies think is brilliant and I wonder if any of them will be brave enough to point it out.

bigtree (76,215 posts)

(Video here that I'm not going to post)

WASHINGTON — Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden shrugged off a question Tuesday about taking a cognitive assessment test, which President Trump has challenged him to do...

In an exchange with CBS’s Errol Barnett during a wide-ranging, multi-moderator interview at a conference of Black and Latino journalists, Biden balked at Barnett’s question about whether Biden had even taken an exam.

“No, I haven’t taken a test. Why the hell would I take a test?” responded Biden, who then posed a rhetorical analogy.

“C’mon man,” he chided Barnett. “That’s like saying, ‘You — before you got on this program you took a test where you’re taking cocaine or not, what do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?’”

Barnett followed up by asking Biden what he would say to Trump, “who brags about his test and makes your mental state an issue for voters?”

“Well, if he can’t figure out the difference between an elephant and a lion, I don’t know what the hell he’s talking about,” said Biden with a laugh. “Look, c’mon man, I know you’re trying to goad me, but I’m so ... looking [forward] to have an opportunity to sit or stand with the president on the debates.”

read: https://news.yahoo.com/biden-interview-nabj-nahj-cognitive-test-090013631.html

What?!  LOL  Why yes, I take drug tests.  I take a LOT of drug tests.  Some are 9 panel, some are 10 panel, some are hair follicle, some are breathalyzer.  Every plant I send a crew into I have to go into as well.  Those plants all require drug testing and they all want different tests.  I get probably 9-15 tests per year.  Not to mention the randoms my company pulls on me.

IF the DUmmies don't point this out, it's for one of two reasons.  First, none of them have ever had a job so they don't know that a lot of places require those of us who provide rather than take, have to be tested to do the providing.  The second reason is, they're scared.  They're scared their guy isn't all the way there and it's showing in the very limited exposure his handlers are allowing.

dalton99a (51,419 posts)

2. Great answer

lagomorph777 (15,467 posts)

4. Both of them take cognitive tests every day on TV. Trump fails, Biden aces it.

We don't need pictures of elephants to see that Trump is an ass.

sop (3,549 posts)

5. CBS should first demand Trump release his taxes before asking Joe to take some bullshit

cognitive test. Like a field sobriety test administered by police during a traffic stop when a driver is visibly impaired, doctors only do a dementia screening when the patient is visibly confused.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You better call the doc!  From some of the tiny snippets I've seen, Biden is in a bad way.

OnDoutside (14,306 posts)

6. Good answer, but he should have also said,

"You have to wonder why his staff encouraged him to take a test that's regularly used to check for signs of dementia"

That's the whole thing for now.  Wonder if it will grow ... If he doesn't take it, people are going to wonder, and there is no way he's going to be able to compare it to Trump not releasing his taxes.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Joe: "Why the hell would I take a (cognitive) test?"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 09:49:57 AM »
sop (3,549 posts)

5. CBS should first demand Trump release his taxes before asking Joe to take some bullshit

cognitive test. Like a field sobriety test administered by police during a traffic stop when a driver is visibly impaired, doctors only do a dementia screening when the patient is visibly confused.

I am sure that his daughter Jill would agree with this while campaigning in Vermont running for the Senate.  :o
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 10:31:04 AM »
Soooooo much wrong in that thread! Can you imagine if Trump asked a BLACK journalist if he is a junkie??!!!?? Why isn't the media all over Joementia for that???

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 11:16:49 AM »
I guess Sloe-Joe forgot this claim from ~5 weeks ago, https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/505562-biden-must-release-results-of-his-cognitive-decline-tests-voters-need-to

Joe Biden must release the results of his cognitive tests — voters need to know

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden very nearly survived his first press conference in three months without a single goof. Almost, but not quite.

At the very end of the question-and-answer session, asked by a reporter if he had been tested for “cognitive decline,” he answered, “I’ve been tested. I’ve been tested constantly.” Biden went on to say he could “hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against.”

Pretty snappy answer for a fellow thought by 38 percent of likely voters to be suffering a mental decline. Except, of course, that Biden’s response raised more questions than it answered.   

Such as...where was he tested? Why, exactly, is he being “constantly tested”? Are his doctors worried about him? Most importantly, when will he release the results of those tests?

One problem with lying is remembering later on what you said when you lied.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
Soooooo much wrong in that thread! Can you imagine if Trump asked a BLACK journalist if he is a junkie??!!!?? Why isn't the media all over Joementia for that???

:lmao:

I didn't even think of that!  Excellent response.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »
I guess Sloe-Joe forgot this claim from ~5 weeks ago, https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/505562-biden-must-release-results-of-his-cognitive-decline-tests-voters-need-to

He's not lying. He just can't remember what happened five weeks ago.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »

If the MSM and especially those black journalists were actually non-partisan they'd be calling for Biden's head on a platter. I won't be looking like a Smurf* from waiting for that to happen!

* Turning blue from holding my breath.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 07:35:39 AM »
He's not lying. He just can't remember what happened five weeksminutes ago.
FIFY
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 08:27:11 AM »

"...I haven't been exposed to Cognitive, I don't need a test!"

:rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:

^ Yes, that's me laughing at my own joke.   :wink:

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 10:01:29 AM »
"...I haven't been exposed to Cognitive, I don't need a test!"

:rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:

^ Yes, that's me laughing at my own joke.   :wink:

he wears a mask to protect himself from the cognitive and thinks we all should wear one too.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »

this would make a good campaign commercial for President Trump.  Have a split screen with the date on the top of each screen and play the 2 clips where he first says he tests constantly then the one where says he hasn't taken the test and has no reason to take the tests.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 12:36:18 PM »
this would make a good campaign commercial for President Trump.  Have a split screen with the date on the top of each screen and play the 2 clips where he first says he tests constantly then the one where says he hasn't taken the test and has no reason to take the tests.

Yup.  Plus he's just stuck his foot in his mouth again today.  It'll be interesting to see how the DUmp reacts to this latest gaffe since he's puttin' the black man down again.

AND BY THE WAY, can someone please tell me why all of a sudden professional journalists (and others, like DUmmies), are capitalizing the 'B' in black man (black woman)?  Did I miss something in school?  I know my spelling and grammar are not stellar, but odd capitalization bothers me.

KC

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 01:26:04 PM »

Yup.  Plus he's just stuck his foot in his mouth again today.  It'll be interesting to see how the DUmp reacts to this latest gaffe since he's puttin' the black man down again.

AND BY THE WAY, can someone please tell me why all of a sudden professional journalists (and others, like DUmmies), are capitalizing the 'B' in black man (black woman)?  Did I miss something in school?  I know my spelling and grammar are not stellar, but odd capitalization bothers me.

KC
It is "woke" now to do that.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 01:30:04 PM »
It is "woke" now to do that.

I think I'll just stay the way I am.  I'm not willing to change rules (grammar/spelling) to bend to a will of certain people.  I'm not a master of the written English language by any stretch of the imagination, but I take constructive criticism very well and try to improve.  And written or verbally, you'll never hear me using 'preferred pronouns' that don't fit the person.  That's just not going to happen.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 01:55:30 PM »
^^ Certain media outlets have established that as their "standard."  It's butchering the English language.

Thread didn't grow.  Nobody pointed out that Biden mistook Trump for Don Lemon, who couldn't distinguish a rhino and a hippo when he did the test.  So I will. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 03:01:05 PM »
^^ Certain media outlets have established that as their "standard."  It's butchering the English language.

Thread didn't grow.  Nobody pointed out that Biden mistook Trump for Don Lemon, who couldn't distinguish a rhino and a hippo when he did the test.  So I will.

Thanks!  I had no idea what the hell he was talking about.  I haven't heard this story about Don Lemon.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 05:54:04 PM »

I think I'll just stay the way I am.  I'm not willing to change rules (grammar/spelling) to bend to a will of certain people.  I'm not a master of the written English language by any stretch of the imagination, but I take constructive criticism very well and try to improve.  And written or verbally, you'll never hear me using 'preferred pronouns' that don't fit the person.  That's just not going to happen.

KC
Yes, and I will never use the either "they" or "them" to refer to a single person.

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »
Even the DUmb asses at the really, really stupid DUmp are beginning to understand that Joey the Paste is a Dementia Man shuffling.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.