Author Topic: I Put a "Veterans for Biden" Bumper Sticker on My 1996 Ford Ranger - Results  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100213847898

MineralMan (132,510 posts)

I Put a "Veterans for Biden" Bumper Sticker on My 1996 Ford Ranger - Results

The bumper sticker is on the tailgate of my old pickup. I thought I'd start parking it on the street, instead of in my driveway, you know, just to show off the bumper sticker. Here's what happened: The day after I moved the truck to the street, I went out to drive it to the supermarket. The rear quarter window for the extended cab on the driver's side had been shot with a BB or pellet gun, shattering the tempered glass into the irregular chunks that tempered glass creates.

Replacing the window would have cost about $200, or $100, if I replaced it myself. But, all of the fragments were still in place, and I never actually look out that window anyhow. So, I got my roll of Heavy-Duty 3M packaging tape and covered the entire window with it to hold the fragments in place and stabilize the window. As you can see, I did my usual sloppy job of taping, but the window will remain in its place.

Now, this could be a coincidence and some kid with a BB gun might have done the deed, but I sort of doubt it.

Thanks, Trumpster! You didn't win, though. The "Veterans for Biden" bumper sticker stays. However, I do have a new HD security camera on the front of my house. Please go ahead and vandalize something again.

Meh, it's just property and it can be replaced.  That's what I've been seeing over there since the riots started.  Why bother with the camera?  Seems like someone just exercising a right, am I right?  Or ... maybe it makes a difference when it's happening to YOU, huh?

Rorey (4,144 posts)

2. I was just telling my daughter the other day

Repukes can generally feel confident that there won't be any vandalism on their vehicles because of their bumper stickers because Democrats aren't as prone to vandalism. Unfortunately, we can't count on that same respect from repukes.

I'm guessing this one doesn't own a TV or look anywhere on the internet except DU.

Delarage (1,074 posts)

10. I love my beater Ranger

I've been in fender-benders with other beater-drivers and we've both gotten out, looked, shrugged, and moved on

I would hate to have a truck that I had to worry about dinging or scratching every time I loaded something in it. Plus, I get my truck dirty at the yard waste place and picking up loads of mulch, which is dropped into it by a front-loader at the mulch place. I see people with spotless, shiny, mega-trucks and I wonder "How? Why?".

But back to the point: you could put a big Biden sign over the damaged window as a final F-U to the perp.

Given 45's record on things, maybe they hate veterans.

Yes, I'd make that assumption as well considering how much MM has posted about how BLUE his area is.  He only sees people without masks and Trump stickers after he drives 45 minutes away to the feed store out in bumpkin land ...

Archae (41,904 posts)

12. The Trump phanbois are nuts.

Two days ago, I saw a bumper sticker, "Don't re-elect Hillary in 2020."

I said to the driver, "Hillary isn't president, and isn't running."

He said, "Satan wants you to believe that."

I rode off on my bicycle on a different street.

Uh huh ...

FoxNewsSucks (2,127 posts)

13. Sorry that happened.

tRumphumpers can't be trusted. I put "Bush is a Lying Sack of Shit" and "Jail Bush - Treason Fraud Corruption Murder" stickers on my car when it neared 200k miles, and I'm sure someone deliberately hit the back bumper in a Wichita motel parking lot because of them.

I don't put that kind of sticker on my cars until they're high enough mileage that they'll soon not be worth fixing anyway. I had a "Trump/Putin Make Tyranny Great Again" sticker on my last car. Nothing happened to it. I replaced it in December and just put a magnet on the new car, one of those paw magnets that says "my dog is smarter than the president".

I've noticed that the MAGAt types don't read and don't get sarcasm. They likely think my current magnet is just another pet magnet. I've also had "Facts Have a Liberal Bias" sticker on cars, liberals get the joke and MAGAts actually think it is the literal truth. I had a couple anti-Bush stickers that were the same color and font as the ubiquitous Bush/Cheney, and never had problems. But did get a lot of good comments from people who agreed. So I guess it's kind of a stealth or camouflage way of using stickers on newer cars.

malaise (212,147 posts)

15. Ever notie how folks who don't want to wear a mask because of their freedoms

want to deny you the freedom to select your own bumper sticker.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Someone needs to make this into a bumper sticker.

Diane Feinstein - 60 years in Government
Chuck Schumer - 45 years in Government
Maxine waters - 47 years in Government
Nancy Pelosi - 33 years in Government
Joe Biden - 51 years in Government
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

Thanks, Trumpster! You didn't win, though.

Maybe you should thank a Berniebot. Or maybe you should thank a disaffected BLMer or Antifoid (lots of those in MM's area). IOW, MM doesn't know.

That pointed out, there's a reason this >40-year SF Bay Area resident has NEVER had a political bumpersticker on any of my vehicles. Idiots are not peculiar to any one political party/ideology.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline hillneck

If truth be told, it was probably either a neighbor kid with a bb gun or a rock thrown by a lawn mower or weed eater.  Mental Man just wants some attention, a "Please look at me" moment. :loser:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Cool story, bro.

If they wanted to do something to send a political message, wouldn’t they have just peeled off the bumper sticker?

Claims to have a HD security camera, but too cheap to spend $100 to fix the window and would rather waste time taping it. Makes perfect sense to an idiot.

No one ever claimed George had a brain.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
He is a Veteran?

of what?  Girl Scout Auxiliary?

Offline landofconfusion80

He is a Veteran?

No no no....seen those commercials about suing the boyscouts? He and Cole County were responsible for half of that with their troup
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
He is a Veteran?

He drives a Ranger, ergo, he's a Ranger.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

The window has probaly been broken for years. If he had a Trump sticker on his bumper the libs would have set his truck on fire and broken the windows in his house. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

He drives a Ranger, ergo, he's a Ranger.

A Rump Ranger.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Tess Anderson

this guy is such a blowhard, thinks he's one-upping by installing a camera.  :mental:

Texin (1,697 posts)

55. MineralMan, it was probably your grumpy next door neighbor.

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Texin (Reply #55)Mon Aug 3, 2020, 12:48 PM
Star Member MineralMan (132,526 posts)

58. Nope. It wasn't her. No BB gun.

how the hell would George know that?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
I wonder if he did the vandalism himself.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

I'd say no to the assertions that it was a Trump supporter:
A) The fact that a BB or pellet gun was used STRONGLY suggests it was kids. How many grown men do you know of who use those kinds of guns?
B) The fact that the bumper sticker itself was undamaged makes it even more unlikely that it was politically- motivated.

I'm guessing that a neighborhood kid was shooting at cans or something with a pellet gun, a stray shot missed and took out the window, the kid realized he would be in deep trouble if caught and ran, and the DUmmy's natural paranoia made him think it MUST have been a Trump supporter.

Offline SVPete

I'd say no to the assertions that it was a Trump supporter:
A) The fact that a BB or pellet gun was used STRONGLY suggests it was kids. How many grown men do you know of who use those kinds of guns?
B) The fact that the bumper sticker itself was undamaged makes it even more unlikely that it was politically- motivated.

I'm guessing that a neighborhood kid was shooting at cans or something with a pellet gun, a stray shot missed and took out the window, the kid realized he would be in deep trouble if caught and ran, and the DUmmy's natural paranoia made him think it MUST have been a Trump supporter.

The size of the impact crater suggests to me something larger than a BB from a BB gun - e.g a .187 pellet from an air rifle - but not close up. It also seems enough off-center that it probably was not aimed (= not intentional). IOW, a careless stray shot. It's odd that MM seems not to have recovered the pellet (or BB).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The size of the impact crater suggests to me something larger than a BB from a BB gun - e.g a .187 pellet from an air rifle - but not close up. It also seems enough off-center that it probably was not aimed (= not intentional). IOW, a careless stray shot. It's odd that MM seems not to have recovered the pellet (or BB).

That was my first thought.  Most car windows I've seen shot with a BB or pellet have the projectile embedded in the window still.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

A Rump Ranger.

as an aside, I saw a meme on FB a few weeks ago that pointed out if you put the word "anal" in front of many of the models of Fords you get some interesting results..

Anal Explorer
Anal Excursion
Anal Expedition
Anal Probe
Anal Fiesta
Anal Endeavor
Anal Focus
and of course, Anal Ranger

mic drop
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
as an aside, I saw a meme on FB a few weeks ago that pointed out if you put the word "anal" in front of many of the models of Fords you get some interesting results..

Anal Explorer
Anal Excursion
Anal Expedition
Anal Probe
Anal Fiesta
Anal Endeavor
Anal Focus
and of course, Anal Ranger

mic drop

:lmao:

^5!!

KC

*Stolen

Offline DUmpDiver

A BB gun won't break a car window.  You'd need a good pellet gun to do that.  I agree that it's probably a stray rock from a lawn mower.

Offline freedumb2003b

If truth be told, it was probably either a neighbor kid with a bb gun or a rock thrown by a lawn mower or weed eater.  Mental Man just wants some attention, a "Please look at me" moment. :loser:

If it was not for logical fallacies, the DUmmies would not be able to post.

Assuming events are as described (DUmmies lie -- even when they do not need to), toss this on the "Post hoc ergo propter hoc" stack.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

A BB gun won't break a car window.  You'd need a good pellet gun to do that.  I agree that it's probably a stray rock from a lawn mower.

I've seen what a BB gun does to ordinary glass, a small hole with a small crater in the other side of the glass. Tempered glass would act differently, but I think a BB gun would just cause a small chip, sort of like when a small pebble hits your windshield when you're driving on a road/highway/freeway. So a pellet gun, maybe, or a small rock/pebble from a lawn mower, also maybe.