Author Topic: We can't stand them either.  (Read 747 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
We can't stand them either.
« on: July 13, 2020, 09:04:27 AM »
Star Member yardwork (50,966 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213739324

We can't stand them either.

As I watch instance after instance of obnoxious white women calling the police on black people who are simply minding their own business, I recognize a familiarity.

These are the same mean girls I couldn't stand in middle school. They're the same entitled prissy white women who lived on my dorm floor in college (and got the nice black custodian reassigned just because... yeah, we recognized that you were a stuck-up racist way back then).

They're the same pushy bleach-blonde moms who complained endlessly about the teachers at our kids' schools - and always signed up to be a chaperone on the band trips because it fed their Little Hitler complexes. Guess what. My kids couldn't stand you either. The band director couldn't stand you, the principal couldn't stand you, and the rest of us parents tolerated you just to be polite.

And you're the woman I tried to be friends with in my neighborhood when our kids were toddlers because my son liked your son, but the way you whispered "black people" and referred to "those people" meant that it was always going to be impossible for us to be friends.

I didn't realize that you were walking through life harassing black people - although the incident with the custodian in college should have been a big clue - but now that I know, I'm not surprised.

And I recognize that it's up to me and every other white person to start calling you out on your racism. I regret not having done more in the past. The time for polite assumptions of good will is over. Now I see what you do when you think the country club set isn't watching you.

:thatsright:

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (85,400 posts)

5. Same people who make life hell in neighborhoods with a HOA.

Bossy, entitled, officious people (and they aren't all Karens; some are Brads) who feel the need, and think they have the right, to police everybody else's behavior all the time, whether it harms them or anyone else. They demand to see the manager, they want to know if you have a permit, they complain to the city about your (legal) landscaping, they're the asshole waving the rule book in every volunteer organization, PTA, church group, or neighborhood association. They're Frank Burns. They've been around forever. And when they turn racist they're a genuine menace. We can only hope that the ubiquity of cell phone cameras and the likelihood that their assholery will be blasted all over the internet might cause at least some of them to think twice about their behavior.

Star Member volstork (4,356 posts)

49. "Frank Burns" is a perfect reference!

They are always the one who are absolute sticklers for the rules for everyone else, but are just fine with bending or even breaking rules that might apply to themselves.

They are hateful, petty, small, and puerile. They are also miserable.

Unfortunately, they take their misery out on others, and that's when they become dangerous.

Star Member tavernier (7,683 posts)

72. My grandson Brad just said

ocelots are all racists. Wanted me to pass that on to you.

Star Member hlthe2b (79,075 posts)

6. Yes.. and those "mean girls" cut their eye teeth tormenting other (typically)white girls early on...

and used to congregate at shopping malls where they would ridicule old people, "fat" people, disabled people, poor people, supposedly unattractive people--before "graduating" to full-blown racist tirades... For while their blatant racism is what has brought their ugly behavior to the attention of the public, it is only the culmination of atrocious attitudes and self-entitled behavior.

Most of us know them and were forced to deal with them; are unsurprised, but appalled at them. May their karma finally come home to roost.

Star Member pnwest (2,371 posts)

11. Pretty insightful. Applying that filter

to the “mean girls” (and boys) I went to school with...yup, that’s them! The entitled bratty rich kid clique. Jocks and cheerleaders, there was also the “horsey girls” bunch, and the parents who bought their ugly, talentless kids the lead in the school plays and musicals, and first chair in band.

Star Member UpInArms (47,261 posts)

13. I enjoy giving racists a personal in your face shut-up-ing

and have been doing so for many years ...

it doesn’t matter where ...

Anytime I hear that crap, I stand up ... get in that person’s zone and ask them for their birth application... that blank look follows ... my next question is ...

Just tell me where you signed up to get to be white ...

Generally, much spluttering and stuttering... and then ...

Silence

Star Member morillon (1,034 posts)

29. To the list I will add these...

...the white relatives who befoul the family reunion saying racist things and telling stories about how shitty "those people" are.

They must wait all year for a chance to say this stuff in a room where they know they'll have a 100% white audience.

They feel safe there. No Black or brown people there to be "afraid" of.

They spend so much time building up this threat in their heads that they don't realize the person they need to be afraid of is ME.

I know everything about them. I know the same white people they do, and if I want to make social consequences, they'll stick. You can't call the cops to make me go away.

So hey, racists -- we don't like you. More and more of us are being open about how much we dislike you and have ALWAYS disliked you. You're not among friends when there's a room full of white people. You never were, and you sure as hell ain't now.

Try the shit you've done before and you're gonna find out right quick just how unwelcome you are.

EveDibb (18 posts)

47. Call them out!

I grew up in the South and I started calling out people when I was 17. Let's just say I'm now older than 17. When they would use the n-word I'd put my finger in their face and say don't use that word around me. Made them think twice before they said it again.

I live in Ohio now and since everybody thinks Southerners are racist I'm getting a sign and I'm putting it in my front yard that says I didn't leave the South to be surrounded by a racist Yankees.

And if I hear our statues one more time when that is my heritage and there was a statue removed in my hometown I am going to lose it.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: We can't stand them either.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:21:36 AM »
Ummmmmmm ... these obnoxoid Beckys and Karens are doing their thing in nice Prog cities. They're Proggies showing their true colors (excuse the unintended pun).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 11:17:11 AM »
Judy Hensley on Leave It To Beaver grew up and changed her name to Karen.

Of course she became a toothless old hag living in her Buick and posting as Bobolink before having her squash caved in by Willie Pittiful :) 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 12:31:05 PM »
I'm reading the OP and all the responses wondering how the primitives don't recognize the people they're describing  and are disgusted by are themselves. They're the one's who pretend to like black people as long as they stay in their own neighborhoods and keep their distance. The "Karens" are white liberal women.

But then they're primitives, so recognizing they're describing themselves is way over their heads.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 01:13:24 PM »
The Scolds of Karens are all leftists.

Prove me wrong.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 02:06:17 PM »
The Scolds of Karens are all leftists.

Prove me wrong.

Several DUpipo seeking DUmp-Cred have confessed to Karening people for not wearing masks.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 02:58:11 PM »
In addition to "My body. My choice. "I have a new response for Karens saying I should be wearing a mask.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 07:27:53 PM »
Judy Hensley on Leave It To Beaver grew up and changed her name to Karen.

Of course she became a toothless old hag living in her Buick and posting as Bobolink before having her squash caved in by Willie Pittiful :)

H5 for the reference!!! :rotf: :cheersmate:

Leave it to Beaver is on a local channel while I'm getting ready for work in the morning, so I'm half watching/listening often.  But I can see why the left must absolutely hate it.  A character named Whitey for goodness sake!!!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender