Author Topic: John Bolton's "The Room Where It Happened" - What I learned...  (Read 473 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member MineralMan (132,109 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213743547

John Bolton's "The Room Where It Happened" - What I learned...

After reading the entire book, encompassing 460-something pages, I learned two important things:

1. John Bolton thinks extraordinarily highly of himself.

2. Donald J. Trump didn't take Bolton's advice often enough, so Bolton resigned.

Everything else in the book, pretty much, I already knew from watching the news for three years.

That, my DU friends, is why we did not hear more about the book's revelations in the press after it came out. There really weren't any important revelations disclosed in it. Reading it was a waste of quite a few hours spent turning the book's pages.

:yawn:

Merlot (8,160 posts)

2. Well, at 460+ pages, at least your wrist got a good work out.

Hopefully that book will end up in the 99 cent store bin.

Cirque du So-What (15,119 posts)

4. And therein lies the reason why I seldom get excited over tell-all publications. I can recall from past readings a scant handful of true revelations. Filter that rehashing through a malignant ego and I have to take a hard pass. Thanks for confirming my suspicion; hope it wasn’t too much drudgery for you.

You were sure this would finally bring down Trump...

Star Member MineralMan (132,109 posts)

8. I read stuff. I always have read non-fiction more than anything else.

Bolton's book was a slog, simply because it didn't really reveal anything of significance. That's why there was no reporting on the book after the first days following its release. Nothing to report.

As soon as Mary Trump's book is on my Kindle, I'll be reading that, as well. I might as well, I guess. I have low expectations for that one, as well.

:rotf:

sop (3,357 posts)

5. I nearly got through the first chapter before also concluding Bolton thinks very highly of himself,

and he was upset Trump didn't take his advice more often. Luckily, for me, I didn't buy the book, I just skimmed over the bootleg copy on the internet. Good thing for Bolton he got a $2M advance.

NCDem47 (342 posts)

14. I mean, can't we all write a book about Trump at this point?

He's a lying, sadistic S.O.B. who puts himself above all others. Always has been. Always will be. Doesn't that pretty much sum it up? How many more proof points do we need?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: John Bolton's "The Room Where It Happened" - What I learned...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:19:08 AM »
3. Bolton got my $$.

Whomp-whomp!!! :lmao:  :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 11:16:41 AM »
Since Trump did not take the advice of a man they have all despised for years shouldn't that make them happy?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »
Merlot (8,160 posts)

2. Well, at 460+ pages, at least your wrist got a good work out.

:o

MM was  :jerkit: while reading every page looking for the gotcha to help him "finish".
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »
:o

MM was  :jerkit: while reading every page looking for the gotcha to help him "finish".
< watch this space for coming distractions >