Author Topic: Jimmy Fallon show--the Original Hamilton Cast & The Roots Sing "Helpless"  (Read 577 times)

Offline Delmar

Wed Jul 1, 2020, 07:04 PM
mysteryowl (2,954 posts)

Jimmy Fallon, the Original Hamilton Cast & The Roots Sing "Helpless" (At-Home Instruments)

[Youtube video of a song from the Broadway smash hit Hamilton]

Nicely done!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1017590776

I don't get how leftists can support tearing down a statue of an abolitionist like Abe Lincoln and then turn around and go gaga over Alexander Hamilton.  I have nothing against Hamilton but why don't the primitives?  He was one of our founding fathers but he was also a slave trader and I thought that that was all that counts with leftists--that should be enough to sink him, one would think.

Maybe the stupid SOBs don't know that Hamilton was white.  Maybe they learned all they know about Hamilton from watching the Broadway show and actually believe that he was a Puerto Rican rapper.

Response to mysteryowl (Original post)Wed Jul 1, 2020, 07:13 PM
dem4decades (5,609 posts)
2. Thanks, I feel better about our future after watching that. They can't stop the Renaissance forever
But the Dukes of Hazard are nazis, am I right?

Response to mysteryowl (Original post)Wed Jul 1, 2020, 07:34 PM
Nictuku (2,005 posts)
3. Love it!

I could never afford the tickets to the actual show, but I bought the sound track and know every word.

I can't wait to see the movie version (Streaming on Disney+ after July 3)
But Gone With the Wind is problematic.

Response to mysteryowl (Original post)Wed Jul 1, 2020, 07:41 PM
llashram (306 posts)
4. happy sound

love it...

I just want to end by stressing that I don't have anything against Hamilton, but why don't leftists?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Wave of criticism smashes Lin-Manuel Miranda as leftists declare 'Hamilton' to be 'problematic'
https://www.theblaze.com/news/hamilton-problematic-lin-manuel-miranda-criticism

The circular firing squad of progressivism has taken aim on one of its former darlings. Leftists loved the musical "Hamilton" when it hit Broadway in January 2015. Democratic leaders, including Bill and Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and the Obama family, flocked to see Lin-Manuel Miranda's musical over the years. The musical is based on founding father Alexander Hamilton but with a modern twist and heavy influence of hip-hop.

Flash forward to 2020, and now the progressives say the founding fathers should solely be remembered for being slave owners, and all of their achievements have been nullified by many leftists. Some progressives not only declare that the founding fathers should no longer be admired, but they call for their statues to be ripped down. Now, there are people who want to cancel the "Hamilton" musical because it is based on the founding fathers. Many of the harsh critics are the same people who made the musical into a cultural leviathan.

"Hamilton" was trending on social media this weekend as the film-version made its debut on Disney Plus. There was also an undercurrent of leftists saying that "Hamilton" is "problematic."

The Jacobins are at it again.

The circular firing squad of progressivism has taken aim on one of its former darlings. Leftists loved the musical "Hamilton" when it hit Broadway in January 2015. Democratic leaders, including Bill and Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and the Obama family, flocked to see Lin-Manuel Miranda's musical over the years. The musical is based on founding father Alexander Hamilton but with a modern twist and heavy influence of hip-hop.

Flash forward to 2020, and now the progressives say the founding fathers should solely be remembered for being slave owners, and all of their achievements have been nullified by many leftists. Some progressives not only declare that the founding fathers should no longer be admired, but they call for their statues to be ripped down. Now, there are people who want to cancel the "Hamilton" musical because it is based on the founding fathers. Many of the harsh critics are the same people who made the musical into a cultural leviathan.

"Hamilton" was trending on social media this weekend as the film-version made its debut on Disney Plus. There was also an undercurrent of leftists saying that "Hamilton" is "problematic."

"Are y'all ready to talk about how problematic Hamilton is? Lin Manuel Miranda created a piece of work that used hip hop (a genre created by black people) to tell the story of colonizers and slave owners," one Twitter user wrote.

"As much as I love the show, it and it's writer are deeply problematic," another wrote. "I've intentionally or unintentionally ignored these things for years, but I'm trying to fix this now so I can fully contextualize and understand Hamilton and it's effect as a whole."

"Hamilton is deeply problematic in concept and so is Lin Manuel Miranda to some degree," another person tweeted.

"I mean I think the fact that a musical like Hamilton (which is deeply problematic and nationalist) has to exist in order for non-white actors to have a space on Broadway is just very indicative of how non-white stories will never be able to thrive on this elitist medium," another person said.

"Reminder for all y'all Hamilton watching mofos: Hamilton was a racist slaveowner, and casting POC as white bigots isn't the reclamation you think it is," read a tweet that had nearly 60,000 likes. "It's a romanticized telling of a white man's plights, so none of y'all better be stanning the founding fathers AGAIN."

Ajamu Baracka, a self-described "international human rights activist," blasted Miranda.

"Lin-Manuel Miranda is a Puerto Rican Uncle Tom who instead of fighting for independence makes feel-good revisionism for white liberals. He is pathetic," Baracka said.

In May, Miranda and "Hamilton" creator Jeffrey Seller were forced to apologize because people criticized them for not supporting Black Lives Matter sufficiently and not speaking enough about police brutality and the George Floyd protests.

Hamilton is now on the left's target.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:18:21 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Hamilton is now on the left's target.

Serves them right. They created and nurtured these Nazis, let them be in the crosshairs.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

I wish there were a way to ensure that Proggies' cultural carnage were only inflicted on Proggies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I wish there were a way to ensure that Proggies' cultural carnage were only inflicted on Proggies.

Amen!

The funny thing is the Dem leaders foolishly believe that if Biden is elected, they'll be able to shut down their fellow Nazis. While they'll be able to shut down the media from broadcasting their actions and to start talking negatively about their methods, that will only anger these groups more. Dems have created something they can't control, and it will come back to bite them. How many times have we pointed out that when these militants do gain control, the first people to be lined up in front of the firing squads will be the liberals that created them? The Dems have been warned, but typical of them they never listen.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Notice they left Biden's name off that list. I wonder why... :whatever:

https://www.playbill.com/article/vice-president-joe-biden-is-latest-to-visit-broadways-hamilton-com-354624
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke