Author Topic: I'm getting tired of my former Sanders-supporting friend's heal biting  (Read 528 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Sugarcoated (6,198 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1294961

I'm getting tired of my former Sanders-supporting friend's heal biting

I'm a musician and most of my friends are/were Sanders/Warren supporters. One of them posted an article about Sanders telling his supporters that refusing to back Biden is irresponsible. She agrees, though not happily, and is urging her other progressive friends to fall in line.

My lefty friends, whether FB or long time friends, almost all are voting for Biden, but here's an example of a response to me saying I'm glad to vote for him, included info on AOC and other progressives being part of his team:

"I think he is losing it. He is really old and he doesn't have Bernie's level of focus. There were so many sharp, young candidates. Sigh. We can only hope that he surrounds himself with good people."

I do think the "Black Trump voters" comment is a big turn off for them.

Sorry, had a moment there, and it's not Joe's comment that has me banging my head.

I'm carefully coaxing them along, I don't hammer my points, concentrate on policy, his collaboration/compromise on policy with progressives, etc.

How do I answer this negative shit?

:yawn:

Star Member LastLiberal in PalmSprings (10,334 posts)

3. Voting this year is like being on an airplane and being asked, "Will you have chicken or a turd?"

If you pause to ask, "How is the chicken prepared?", you are probably a True Believer.

greymattermom (5,393 posts)

4. I hear the same thing from my daughter.

She wants marijuana legal everywhere and thinks that Biden is senile. Maybe if we see more of Biden, these folks will slowly come around.

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

would that be considered a self healing bite?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I think most liberals have seen the light. They absolutely don’t want Joe out and about. The longer he can stay sequestered the better they like it.

They all know he’s crazy, but their hatred of Trump is pushing them to vote someone in who has serious mental issues.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Star Member Sugarcoated (6,198 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1294961

I'm a musician and most of my friends are/were Sanders/Warren supporters. One of them posted an article about Sanders telling his supporters that refusing to back Biden is irresponsible. She agrees, though not happily, and is urging her other progressive friends to fall in line.

My lefty friends, whether FB or long time friends, almost all are voting for Biden, but here's an example of a response to me saying I'm glad to vote for him, included info on AOC and other progressives being part of his team:

"I think he is losing it. He is really old and he doesn't have Bernie's level of focus. There were so many sharp, young candidates. Sigh. We can only hope that he surrounds himself with good people."

I do think the "Black Trump voters" comment is a big turn off for them.

Sorry, had a moment there, and it's not Joe's comment that has me banging my head.

I'm carefully coaxing them along, I don't hammer my points, concentrate on policy, his collaboration/compromise on policy with progressives, etc.

How do I answer this negative shit?

Okay.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

Are Never-Bideners a thing? :rotf: PUMAcrats 2.0? :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

greymattermom (5,393 posts)

4. I hear the same thing from my daughter.

She wants marijuana legal everywhere and thinks that Biden is senile. Maybe if we see more of Biden, these folks will slowly come around.

Trust me, the more she sees of plugs, the more it will turn her thoughts to certainty.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.