Author Topic: Whichever candidate does best with the AA vote in South Carolina gets my vote.  (Read 877 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member TomSlick (4,344 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287576321

I haven't decided for whom I will be voting but I've decided how I will decide.
My rule from the beginning has been which candidate has the best chance to beat Trump. The results so far have not answered my question of which candidate fits that bill.

Since I have to vote no later than Tuesday, I've decided to wait until after the South Carolina primary this weekend. Whichever candidate does best with the AA vote in South Carolina gets my vote.

If we are to beat Trump, AA Democrats must turnout in force. At this point, the only metric I have is how the candidates do with AA voters in South Carolina. I'm waiting for Steve Kornacki to give me the breakdown.

Holy ****...  :o

Star Member mr_lebowski (11,828 posts)

2. First off, that is awesomely Meta ... secondly ... plan seems pretty sound :) (nt)

... any bets that M Obama swoops in at the DNC convention?

Star Member Sugarcoated (5,882 posts)

8. This metric is critical

to winning my state. The AA vote in Philly and Pittsburgh has to be big, urban vote must be high to overcome the rural vote. I imagine this is true for MI and WI

Star Member captain queeg (1,146 posts)

9. Ok, what is AA?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jakes Progress (10,337 posts)

16. The trouble with waiting on SC for the AA vote

is that the SC primary will take place without Obama speaking up. I think African American reticence to vote for one candidate or another will be replaced by enthusiasm once Barack weighs in. I could be wrong - I often am in these issues - and am willing to hear from someone with better bona fides about this.

I know why Obama hasn't had a say yet, but in this case, in this year, I think we would have been better served had he helped to stop the Democratic hemorrhaging that has been our primary.

17. Yeah, but my primary is Tuesday.

Unless President Obama speaks this weekend, it will be too late - not just for me but for about a third of Democrats.

I have to gauge AA support on something. SC is all I've got.

It's finally getting through to the DUmpmonkiez that they are truly and fully ****ed...

Jakes Progress (10,337 posts)

18. Mine too.

My point was that the vote from SC won't tell us that much about eventual AA support. It will be Obama's job to generate turn-out. I think there are a couple of candidates that even Obama couldn't sell, but most would get the AA vote if they have Obama's endorsement.

With me, it's a matter of do I Vote Warren, who I believe is the most qualified candidate and whose policies I agree with. Or do I switch to Biden to keep Bernie from piling up the points. I would love all of Bernie's polices to be enacted, but I firmly believe that his heading the ticket in November will result in us losing not just the presidency, but also the house.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

19. I would love to see Sanders' policies enacted but that isn't going to happen - even if he's elected.

I think Warren would be more effective as President and I like her "plans" too.

The point is that if Trump is re-elected the Republic dies. Nothing else matters. I would vote for a three-legged yellow dog in the primary if I thought it had the best chance to beat Trump.

AND SO.... the DNC will **** Bernie out of the nomination, again... and the Democrat party will burn the cities to the ground...

:-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

MoonlitKnight (413 posts)

13. What if

All of those AA voters are voting based upon their guess of who white voters prefer?

Quit trying to game it out and just vote for the candidate you agree with, like best or feel has the most experience. Kind of like how you would hire someone for an important job.

But what if all of the white voters vote based on their guess of who black voters think white voters will vote for?

Offline DLR Pyro

Gotta love identity politics...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Alcoholics Anonymous?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
A DUmmie actually posted in the primary forum yesterday that she would; never, never, not ever, NEVER, vote for Bernie.  The post was removed.  A little farther down someone posted; you will if he is the NOMINEE!!

Wow.  Who are the fascists again?  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DUmpDiver

Offline thundley4

American Airlines

Affirmative Action. Oh wait, that's too close to the truth.  :whistling:

Offline Old n Grumpy

Whichever candidate does best with the AA vote .

That will be TRUMP!!!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Yet DUmmies whine about people voting against their own self interests.  A guilty white lib is going to vote based on how African Americans vote in a state where they don't live.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender