Author Topic: Apple users are more liberal than Microsoft PC users.  (Read 7302 times)

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
Re: Apple users are more liberal than Microsoft PC users.
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
I'm the stubborn graphics person that still uses a PC. . .while Adobe runs great on a mac, I occasionally use Maya for modeling and such, which runs FAR better on a PC.

*TKay*

Offline Lauri

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
I have a friend who is a graphic artist(he does those Playbill covers) and he uses a Mac for work and hates the damn thing. It is not what he uses at home. I don't know how I'd classify him. I think he's a conservative at heart coming from a military family and knowing him as I have for 25 or so years, but because of his occupation and where he 'plays' one would probably assume he is liberal.

The graphics guys at my husband's work use Mac's and the Industrial Designers use PC's.  It has nothing to do with their political ideology but the software they use.

hey i already said that, like three times!   :tongue:

people always act shocked like a computer guy is going to turn his nose up at better graphics and sleekness... riiight. hardware is hardware... the coolest stuff is what people use. i personally think PCs are more stable, as does the Softie in my home, but that doesnt mean he wont use a Mac if the job calls for it.

as for the companies.. I assume BillG is a liberal but quite a lot of the execs and top tier management is robustly conservative. It's not really talked about much, but from what I see and hear, its definitely conservative.

Apple is proud of its fierce liberalness... but the odds are, someone there is a conservative... its just never, ever discussed.

Why this insistence to label an org either one way or the other? What does it matter?

You already said that the graphics guys at my husband's work use Mac's and the industrial designers use PC's?  Wow you are a psychic.   :tongue:

you said... "It has nothing to do with their political ideology but the software they use."    that's what i was agreeing with you about.. dippy broad..  :-)

I knew what you were talking about,  I was being a smart ass.

i was sure hoping so..  :popcorn:

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 02:40:23 PM »
According to Mindset Media, people who purchase Macs fall into what the branding company calls the "Openness 5" personality category-- which means they are more liberal, less modest and more assured of their own superiority than the population at large.

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »
According to Mindset Media, people who purchase Macs fall into what the branding company calls the "Openness 5" personality category-- which means they are more liberal, less modest and more assured of their own superiority than the population at large.

That's the problem with those fruitbats. They think they're superior to everyone else. They think they know what's better for everyone to the point that they should dictate how one should live.

Here's a question, you f'n DUmbasses, if that's the case, why are so many of you idiots constantly bitching about being unemployed?

When it comes to superiority, sorry, you're severely lacking.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 03:06:01 PM »
Tell a Mac user that you have a PC and you'll find out quickly how "open minded" they are. Macs are the only computer I see that comes with a political ideology; Liberalism. Why else would they tout a study that shows them as more Liberal and Open Minded?
It's all about them.

For me PC's are better just because there is a lot more software available for them.

Can't say that's entierly untrue. Mac users are almost like Ron Paul supporters, only a little more tolerable. They just never shut the hell up about "how great Macs are!!!" and all that. I used to have one years back, didn't like it, and basically pitched the damn thing.

And the Mac asshat looks like a lib stick boy too. So, I don't entirely dismiss the DUmmy's article.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 05:40:02 PM »
Apple users are more liberal than Microsoft PC users.

Speak for yourself jackass.  :bird:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »

Can't say that's entierly untrue. Mac users are almost like Ron Paul supporters, only a little more tolerable.

HEY!!!! :bird:

:-)

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn