Author Topic: How progressives are plotting to stop Pete Buttigieg’s rise in the 2020 race  (Read 854 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
How progressives are plotting to stop Pete Buttigieg’s rise in the 2020 race
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article238088149.html

Progressive activists around the country are mobilizing to halt the momentum of Pete Buttigieg, who they increasingly view as a formidable threat to win the Democratic presidential nomination.

Top liberal leaders from multiple organizations are independently crafting strategies that center around three prongs: a heightened focus on Buttigieg’s checkered record on race in South Bend, Ind., his little-known work at the McKinsey consulting firm and an argument that his tempered policy proposals align with the wishes of large corporations.

The escalation of attacks against Buttigieg comes not only as he emerges as a next-generation alternative to moderate Joe Biden, but as he shows signs of undercutting a progressive’s path to victory in the 2020 primary.

The left is coming for Pete Buttigieg because he is not left enough. Identity is just a ruse and it does not matter if one steps a little out of line.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
How progressives are plotting to stop Pete Buttigieg’s rise in the 2020 race
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article238088149.html

The left is coming for Pete Buttigieg because he is not left enough. Identity is just a ruse and it does not matter if one steps a little out of line.

It's worse than that. The DNC and their allies have already chosen their Presidential candidate (IMO it'll be Quid Pro Joe) and and will rig the primaries like in 2016 to make sure it will happen.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:44:50 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ADsOutburst

If they'll stab one of their own in the back, imagine what they'll do to their enemies.

Offline Old n Grumpy

It could be they don't :argh: :argh: want the white house turned into a bath house.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I've already seen rumors floated that the Super Delegates are going to pick the nominee again this round.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen