Author Topic: This is not, in any way, a good thing (This is HILARIOUS!)  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
This is not, in any way, a good thing (This is HILARIOUS!)
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:55:45 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287366075

I love how the DUmmies are absolutely despairing they won't have a POC on the stage for the debate.  And it is all their party that is causing it!  They simply can't understand how ideas and policy can trump the color of your skin. If your ideas and policy stink, but you're some type of minority you must STILL remain in the race!  LOL

mcar (30,119 posts)

This is not, in any way, a good thing

Charles P. Pierce

@CharlesPPierce
As of the moment, there are no people of color in this month’s Democratic debate. This is not in any way a good thing.

12:14 PM - Dec 3, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,270 people are talking about this

?s=19

Charles P. Pierce

@CharlesPPierce
As of the moment, there are no people of color in this month’s Democratic debate. This is not in any way a good thing.

1:14 PM - Dec 3, 2019

TCJ70 (4,207 posts)

21. Only if you think there HAS to be a person of color on the stage.

Which to that my question would be: who cares? Have good ideas that appeal to a good number of Americans and you'll most likely make it to the debates. If someone got their ideas out there first or got their supporters together more quickly/efficiently, that's how it goes.

Uh Oh.  LOL

mcar (30,119 posts)

22. ...

:thatsright:

ismnotwasm (37,485 posts)

23. Who cares? Whoa..

Holy ****ing Shit.

TCJ70 (4,207 posts)

24. Yes...who cares? What matters more: how someone looks or their ideas? n/t

30. Sweet Jesus

I can’t even.

TCJ70 (4,207 posts)

32. Obviously. n/t

42. Oh my.

You got me.

Perhaps you should use an MLK quote as well.

TCJ70 (4,207 posts)

49. I could...but given your response to them below...

...I'm not sure what value you place on them.

61. Always depends on the source and context

Quotes from warriors are valuable, but it’s disingenuous to use that particular one when the argument is literally saying, “The color of the skin doesn’t matter, only the content of character”. That particular quote was from a man with a dream of that happening. Someday. It didn’t happen in his lifetime, because he was murdered fighting for his dream

You clearly believe that we have reached that point. Racism either doesn’t exist, or doesn’t influence thoughts and decisions and institutions enough for it to be a factor anymore.

You and I, literally have nothing in common on this topic.

It goes on and on.  More at the link and it's good, but duty calls and I have to stop rowing it over.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: This is not, in any way, a good thing (This is HILARIOUS!)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:34:18 AM »
Knew that Kammie bowing out was going to drive them nuts.  Lots of introspection about their meaningless symbolism.

Somehow they're going to pin this in Republicans and/or Trump, even though we've had zero to do with it.  Along with blame for the racist media not covering her campaign enough, and racist rural Iowans and folks in New Hampshire.

It can never be the well meaning liberals fault that poor Kammie never got traction. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:50:09 AM »
mcar (30,119 posts)

This is not, in any way, a good thing

Charles P. Pierce

@CharlesPPierce
So...Liz Warren is no longer a Native American or is Native American no longer considered a minority?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »
So...Liz Warren is no longer a Native American or is Native American no longer considered a minority?
Only .00000000145% of her should be on stage according to the primitives
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 11:26:30 AM »
What happened to Sparticus? did he ride his chariot back to Newark?

Or isn't he dark enough?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 11:32:24 AM »
Liberals have problems with non-whites who don't understand their place within the Dem party and society as a whole. Obama was acceptable because, even to them, he wasn't Hillary. Couple that with their attitude of "We can get this black guy to do our bidding" and you have their perfect candidate. This time around, there is no Hillary to defeat, there's only the Bernie bros and potentially Warren, so their need for a specific "type" of candidate is less identity politics necessary this time around.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »

Or isn't he dark enough?

Cory B. not have either the polling or fundraising target to unsheath his gladius at the next debate?

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »

Or isn't he dark enough?

Dems don't like 'em that well done.  See Keyes vs Obama  2004.  They like their step-an-fetch-it on the high yellow side, reminds 'em of their antebellum ancestors.  Dees Boys is Masegenated!   :lmao:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »
Codeine (23,034 posts)

33. I am the whitest guy on the forum

and that shit just made ME cringe. *******.

TCJ70 (4,209 posts)

34. The majority of presidential elections I've been eligible to vote for...

...have had Democratic nominees who weren't like me. I voted for them anyway. If I can do it, so can everyone else.

See, they don't give a damn about policies and ideas ... see below for what they REALLY want;

mr_lebowski (10,613 posts)

53. Agree ... eyes on the prize here ...

We don't need to give the media an anti-Democrat talking point to harp about for days on end. ZOMG WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PARTY OF OBAMA?!?

Not helpful.

If enough PoC's had united behind a PoC candidate, even if it was JUST THEM ... that candidate would still in the race. They'd have the money, they'd have the polls. The candidates are being decided on merits, as best it's possible under our system.

It's unfortunate, I'd dig it if every candidate was a Nigerian-Born Gay Trans Female Refugee Muslim Vegan who spoke Swahili and 20 other languages ... as long as they had the money and the polls needed to continue.

But that's not the situation, at least not at the moment.

Maybe without Harris in the race, folks will coalesce around Booker?

I hope so, he's one of my favorites, easily.  <<<<Covering bases now

ismnotwasm (37,486 posts)

70. Dude I mean...

“Nigerian-Born Gay Trans Female Refugee Muslim Vegan”

What the actual ****

:lmao:

mr_lebowski (10,613 posts)

100. Seems you want to take everything I say in the worst possible way ...

I'm saying I PERSONALLY would completely support and indeed love ... an incredible diversity in our choices in the folks our party puts forward. So I went over the top to attempt to make this point, which would've thought to be obvious, but ...

Unfortunately there are certain realities that come into play. Money. Polls. The agreed-upon rules of the Party to decide who makes the debates.

Not everything comes down to racism. Kamala wasn't really even popular with PoC, she didn't catch fire or capture imaginations. It happens. It's not cause she's dark-skinned, or it's very little of the equation.

Look, I'm from teh Bay Area, born in Oakland, I've been to SF 1000 times probably, used to work there ... twice. I like Kamala, I've known who she is for quite some time. I wanted her voice in this contest and I'd have been happy to vote for her.

She didn't make it. It's unfortunate. I say we don't let our party be divided over it. Maybe Booker will pick up enough of the support she had to continue?

We didn't build that, YOU built that!

mcar (30,119 posts)

52. Are you seriously suggesting that only the white people have good ideas?

TCJ70 (4,209 posts)

56. No. That wouldn't make sense as we've already nominated and elected Obama twice. n/t

Doesn't matter what you did yesterday TCJnumbers.  What are you doing TODAY to prove you're not a racist ass?

mcar (30,119 posts)

59. Huh?

So all the candidates of color this time are just no good, have no good ideas? But the white candidates all have good ideas, thus they are on the debate stage?

What are Steyer's good ideas? How do they compare to Harris's?

TCJ70 (4,209 posts)

64. "Good ideas" is a relative term...

...the definition of which depends on who you're talking to. If Harris wasn't able to adequately get her ideas out there and build up the financial and polling support needed to stay in the race, that's how it goes. I think you're getting hung up on a term that really shouldn't be the focal point of the post

loyalsister (13,130 posts)

103. I care

Reverting to white supremacy is a problem to me. Kamala Harris and Joe Biden have similar problems with having close ties to our racist criminal justice system. I think more people are more forgiving of Biden, and it has everything to do with the fact that he is white.

TCJ70 (4,209 posts)

110. Harris being out "reverting to white supremacy"? OK. n/t

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That thread is just too much fun!  Talk about eating your own.  Damn.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 09:28:24 PM »
Knew that Kammie bowing out was going to drive them nuts.  Lots of introspection about their meaningless symbolism.

Somehow they're going to pin this in Republicans and/or Trump, even though we've had zero to do with it.  Along with blame for the racist media not covering her campaign enough, and racist rural Iowans and folks in New Hampshire.

It can never be the well meaning liberals fault that poor Kammie never got traction. 

Tulsi Gabbard gave Kamala Harris a lot of grief. I am surprised they do not include Gabbard. I know the left hates her.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 05:27:28 AM »
A simple solution to the problem is have sleepy joe put on black face. :-)

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 08:12:24 AM »
Why are Dem leaders, their MSM shills, and Dem donors/voters so racist and misogynist?

Because Rs have zip to do with:

* The rules Dem leaders and their MSM shills set up for the debates:

* With Dem candidates' fundraising success:

* With how Dem candidates poll among Dem voters.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 06:49:30 PM »
This thread proves, PROVES that there is no commonality, no reality, and no compromise with crazy people.  Believe you me, democrats are crazy. PERIOD.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 04:18:57 AM »

Or isn't he dark enough?

Maybe Joe can put in a good word for him.  "He's clean, articulate"

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 04:22:10 AM »

When Kammie backed out I sent my brother this message.  "Kamela Harris was so upset about suspending her race, she dropped to her knees.  Wait a minute! She's back in it again"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2019, 08:43:42 AM »
Why are Dem leaders, their MSM shills, and Dem donors/voters so racist and misogynist?

Because Rs have zip to do with:

* The rules Dem leaders and their MSM shills set up for the debates:

* With Dem candidates' fundraising success:

* With how Dem candidates poll among Dem voters.

I think some of the “racial bias” charges are fascinating, consider that the Dem Party is quite open about political identity being more important to them than issues, and some are questioning the “look” of not having a woman of color in the debates.   Isn’t that racist, too?!   The entire party structure is racist, for goodness sake! When Democrats consider openly that the VP must be this or that race or gender, that should be a clue.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »
Let's just hope they never catch on and come to their sences and put up some one who has a chance of giving Trump a run for the job.

The more progressive they get and the crazier their promises are the less chance they have to win.

I think even the most dumbed down dem voter can see that all the promises of an endless supply of free shit is to good to be true.

When you look at all the candidates , none really have any leadership experience or ability or any kind of experience to be a president.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
live by identity politics, die by identity politics.

Offline jukin

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2019, 07:50:51 PM »
Kamalatoe Harris should be in Tijuana on the "Burro Extravaganza" show.

At least she is qualified for that.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 08:54:18 PM »
Kamalatoe Harris should be in Tijuana on the "Burro Extravaganza" show.

At least she is qualified for that.
With Robert Francis O'Rourke.  Two losers for the price of none.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender