Author Topic: Hey, Fun Thread!  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Karin

Hey, Fun Thread!
« on: November 14, 2019, 07:40:29 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212686188
Thu Nov 14, 2019, 04:11 PM
OliverQ (2,348 posts)

Very bad news. Menashi was confirmed by evil Republicans.

The American Bar Association said he was unqualified to be a judge. He's never tried a court case in his life. He doesn't believe women or minorities should have equal rights. He's involved in a criminal scandal related to DeVos.

And by a 51-41 vote (all Republicans but Collins voting in favor), he now sits on the 2nd Circuit of Appeals for life and has tilted the power of the court to Republicans.

Our Judiciary is completely destroyed for the rest of most of our lives.

I honestly do not believe America can be fixed at this point. I think this country will be an authoritarian dictatorship within the next few years.

All kinds of wailing and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments. 

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hortensis (Reply #5)
Thu Nov 14, 2019, 04:21 PM
 atreides1 (14,833 posts)
7. Voting won't remove Menashi from the bench!!!

Reply to this post

Response to atreides1 (Reply #7)
Thu Nov 14, 2019, 04:26 PM
 Hortensis (34,297 posts)
11. No, but it will put people in office who WILL remove him.

Judges are removable. Those who want to keep their jobs, and that's almost all, will do what they have to do to keep them.

Give them LIBERAL GOVERNMENT to fear and obey, and they'll toe the legal lines or be gone.

Fear and obey. 

And, of course, "Impeach him!!"  Lots of that. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Hey, Fun Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 08:04:24 PM »
It was during the Comey hearings early in this administration that I first noticed something; impeachment is a great shiny toy with which to distract the Demos and primitives.  The Comey hearings were a flop, but what happened at the same time was that an unusually large number of new federal judges were approved, and the Demos and primitives didn't even notice.

Well, impeachment crawls on, and we get still more judges that Demos and primitives don't see until it's too late.

And there's something additional.  The bosses in the Demo party have decreed that Hilda is to be the Demo nominee for president in 2020.  Usually the bosses get their way without argument, but this time there's resistance to the idea, from about half the Demos and primitives, Hilda-haters.

It's awesome, watching how the bosses are keeping the resistors preoccupied with impeachment while they craftily pave the way for Hilda, who'll be a fait accompli by the time impeachment's a dead issue.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 08:42:50 PM »
He doesn't believe women or minorities should have equal rights. He's involved in a criminal scandal related to DeVos.

Proof please. 

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 08:47:37 PM »
Karin, you forced me to actually wade into that thread.  No citations of facts regarding this judge, just batshit assumptions.

And read this:

Celerity

37. 'Our Judiciary is completely destroyed for the rest of most of our lives.'

Give Rump and the Rethugs 5 more years of loading it up and you have not see anything yet.

If they can take the SCOTUS to 7-2 or even 8-1 (Sotomayor has really bad diabetes, already requiring multiple hospitalisations) hardcore RW (and refresh Thomas' seat with a much younger RWer) and also keep on packing the lower tiers with RWNJ's, it will more than likely cause an eventual rending apart of the union itself, sometime before 2040. There is zero chance that the hard Blue states will continue to exist for decade after decade in a federally-mandated, nationwide-enforced radical RW theocracy.Think all civil rights (racially, gender, sexual orientation, etc etc) gained post-Brown v. Board (and probably Brown itself) reversed and NOT just devolved to the States, but dictated nationwide.

:Nelson:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 09:40:47 PM »
He's Jewish. According to liberals, like all women and all blacks, all Jews should be monolithic.

When they aren't, then we get to read the silly authoritarian left trying to talk tough and we get to laugh at them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 08:22:11 AM »
BA, magna cum laude, from Dartmouth

JD from Stanford

Clerk for a judge on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals for a term; clerk for Supreme Court Justice Alito for a term

Partner at Kirkland & Ellis during a 5 year stint there

Assistant Professor at George Mason University Antonin Scalia School of Law

Deputy general counsel for postsecondary service at the United States Department of Education; served as acting general counsel (2017)

Special Assistant to the President and Associate Counsel to the President (~1 year during 2018 and 2019)

OliverQ (2,348 posts)

The American Bar Association said he was unqualified to be a judge. ...

From reliably liberal W'pedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Menashi#Federal_judicial_service

On August 14, 2019, President Trump announced his intent to nominate Menashi to serve as a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.[10][14][15] On September 9, 2019, his nomination was sent to the Senate. That same day, the American Bar Association rated Menashi as "well qualified," its highest rating.

DU-Moron OliverQ lied. Did any DUpipo have the minimal sense to fact-check his claim and call it out as false? Or did they trust a lie they wanted to hear?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 02:10:14 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »
Celerity

Give Rump and the Rethugs 5 more years of loading it up and you have not see anything yet.

If they can take the SCOTUS to 7-2 or even 8-1 (Sotomayor has really bad diabetes, already requiring multiple hospitalisations) hardcore RW (and refresh Thomas' seat with a much younger RWer) and also keep on packing the lower tiers with RWNJ's, it will more than likely cause an eventual rending apart of the union itself, sometime before 2040. There is zero chance that the hard Blue states will continue to exist for decade after decade in a federally-mandated, nationwide-enforced radical RW theocracy.Think all civil rights (racially, gender, sexual orientation, etc etc) gained post-Brown v. Board (and probably Brown itself) reversed and NOT just devolved to the States, but dictated nationwide.

CELERITY IS ON T OUR PLANS.  FOR ONCE i CAN SAY i HOPE THAT A DUCHEBAG IS CORRECT.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
BA, magna cum laude, from Dartmouth

JD from Stanford

Clerk for a judge on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals for a term; clerk for Supreme Court Justice Alito for a term

Partner at Kirkland & Ellis during a 5 year stint there

Assistant Professor at George Mason University Antonin Scalia School of Law

Deputy general counsel for postsecondary service at the United States Department of Education; served as acting general counsel (2017)

Special Assistant to the President and Associate Counsel to the President (~1 year during 2018 and 2019)

From reliably liberal W'pedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Menashi#Federal_judicial_service

DU-Moron OliverQ lied. Did any DUpipo have the minimal sense to fact-check his claim and call it out as false? Or did they trust a lie they wanted to hear?
Thanks for the digging! DUmp monkeys post so much garbage without even a citation.  And the ones they do cite are incredibly biased left wing sites.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »
So President Trump got another federal judge approved? Well DUbmasses, to quote a pair of my favorite entertainers from the 1990's and early 2000's, if you're not down with that, I've got two words for you.....

SUCK IT!!!!

*Obligatory crotch chop*
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 04:24:14 PM »
And here is what is truly going to unwind or hinge the liberal intelligentsia:

>snip<  Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue, was found liable for $870,000 in damages for his service as a founding board member of the Center for Medical Progress.  Civil counts against him included conspiracy, fraud, and violations of the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).

Newman maintains that his participation in the undercover journalistic project was completely legal and that he engaged in no wrongdoing. He vows to appeal the verdicts.

“I want to thank my legal team from the American Center for Law and Justice for their hard work defending me in this lengthy, complex, and difficult case, and look forward to a better outcome in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, which has become more conservative thanks to new appointments made by President Trump,” said Newman. <snip> https://www.operationrescue.org/archives/jury-renders-verdict-against-pro-life-activists-in-planned-parenthood-baby-parts-case/

Trump has done yeoman's work in judicial appointments.  The Republican party should be washing his feet in oil.   
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 01:22:13 PM »
Oh dear, poor, poor DUmmies, can't legislate from the bench, eh?

:cheersmate:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 01:44:37 PM »
Thu Nov 14, 2019, 04:11 PM
OliverQ (2,348 posts)

The American Bar Association said he was unqualified to be a judge. He's never tried a court case in his life. He doesn't believe women or minorities should have equal rights. He's involved in a criminal scandal related to DeVos.

And by a 51-41 vote (all Republicans but Collins voting in favor), he now sits on the 2nd Circuit of Appeals for life and has tilted the power of the court to Republicans.

Our Judiciary is completely destroyed for the rest of most of our lives.

I honestly do not believe America can be fixed at this point. I think this country will be an authoritarian dictatorship within the next few years.

:yawn:

What is the problem?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »
Celerity

Oh the horror!!! Imagine ruling based on the law instead of how some bleeding heart panty waist feels. 

No dummie... the real reason you hate it is because you are not in power.  We told you when you idiots applauded Harry Reed changing the rules you would come to rue that day... well that day is today.

One could say that we will rue the day on the Supreme Court nominees... maybe we will... but I think the dems would have changed it in a heartbeat given the chance.

Here is a poser for you though... why are you worried? Supposedly dem voters will outnumber GOP voter in less than 10 years. We are gonna be a regional party.  At  least that is what I keep hearing.  So hit your bong and calm the **** down.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 08:53:39 AM »
Reply to this post

Response to atreides1 (Reply #7)
Thu Nov 14, 2019, 04:26 PM
 Hortensis (34,297 posts)
11. No, but it will put people in office who WILL remove him.

Judges are removable. Those who want to keep their jobs, and that's almost all, will do what they have to do to keep them.

Give them LIBERAL GOVERNMENT to fear and obey, and they'll toe the legal lines or be gone.
I am not sure they understand what the concepts of co-equal branches of government and checks and balances mean.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 04:53:45 PM »
Karin, you forced me to actually wade into that thread.  No citations of facts regarding this judge, just batshit assumptions.

And read this:

:Nelson:

Seems like someone leaked our little plan to Celerity.  Remember Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »
From another thread, Celery checks the boxes for du cred:

Reply to this post

Response to MichMan (Reply #31)
Tue Nov 19, 2019, 01:15 PM
Celerity (6,826 posts)
82. as the trifecta (part black, female, and LGBTQ) I can attest to this (obviously there are a tonne of

exceptions.) It is also very much a regional thing, and often linked to religion as well, again with a myriad number of exceptions. Finally, as bad a some of us cis-gendered queer folk can have it, our 'sufferings' (if you will allow me that terminology) PALE in comparison to our Trans brothers and sisters.

This was about a thread about black people not really diggin the buttplug.  (sorry).

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287350343

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 05:53:22 PM »
Proof please. 

Give them a little time to pull something out of their asses...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.