Author Topic: VIDEO: Elizabeth Warren's 'So-So' Debate Disaster  (Read 2895 times)

Offline pjcomix

VIDEO: Elizabeth Warren's 'So-So' Debate Disaster
« on: October 16, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »
After Elizabeth Warren's overuse of the word "so" as a sentence preface in the last debate as well as previously as an obvious tell that she is about to be evasive, especially in avoiding answering whether the Medicare For All plan will raise taxes on the middle class, I figured someone on her staff would tell her to drop the "so" shtick. Much to my surprise, Warren returned to last night's Democrat debate chock full of even MORE prefacing of her evasive answers with "so."

This video presents just a small sampling of Warren using "so" to begin sentences in which she acts very obviously evasive. Don't be too surprised to see Warren's evasive "so-so-so" routine put together to create a Trump 2020 campaign commercial.

https://youtu.be/Hx8ZDywZlwU

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: VIDEO: Elizabeth Warren's 'So-So' Debate Disaster
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 01:58:16 PM »
Geezuz gawd, P-J.  Great work as usual, but your "fan" over on freerepublic seems to be doing his best to discourage contributions to their fund-raiser.  I wonder why the owner of the site doesn't see that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 05:37:26 PM »
I am really impressed with the growth of your videos! They have come a very long way. Do you have any future plans for the channel?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »
The 'So' thing seems to be a Hahvahd Business School dealio, I notice an awful lot of the guests on Fox Business start on the pitches about their business with it.  I personally find it stupid, but it's sort of an Ivy League dog-whistle.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 08:44:28 PM »
I have heard interviewees preface nearly every one of their responses with "I mean...", despite having said nothing previously that needs clarification. There are others who begin responses with "Yeah, no..."

Both of these are, to me, as annoying as "So..."  I do not think it is evasive, merely annoying.
This too shall pass.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 01:10:46 AM »
> your "fan" over on freerepublic seems to be doing his best to discourage

Yep. bumblegummer has issues and if FR needs $350,000 a year for a 20k bill then censorship ain't free  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 03:58:53 AM »
> your "fan" over on freerepublic seems to be doing his best to discourage

Yep. bumblegummer has issues and if FR needs $350,000 a year for a 20k bill then censorship ain't free  :-)

I'm really disappointed the owner of the site allows him to mislead, to lie, on his membership home page there, in which he alleges himself banned.  And I'm also really disappointed that his behavior is apparently okay with the owner, despite that it surely must turn off prospective donors.

Based upon photographs of him on that Texas shootout (or whatever) thread, he physically looks exactly what his manner suggests he is; an overgrown hefty coarse bully-boy, not the slightest trace of refinement at all in him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline pjcomix

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 11:36:40 AM »
I am really impressed with the growth of your videos! They have come a very long way. Do you have any future plans for the channel?

My next stage for the channel will be a week long cruise to the Caribbean. No videos while I am away but I just might have a YUUUUUUUUUGE announcement when I come back. And by YUUUUUUUUGE I mean newsworthy. Reporters will probably end up covering it if I am given the Green Light on the cruise for the project.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 09:51:39 PM »
>discourage contributions to their fund-raiser...

Like today, when the $1000.00 per day falls short, the "server" goes down to blow in the cash quicker :-)