Author Topic: Not all children killed by guns were innocent victims, St. Louis public safety  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212580924

Odoreida (1,068 posts)

Not all children killed by guns were innocent victims, St. Louis public safety director asserts

Not all children killed by guns were innocent victims, St. Louis public safety director asserts
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/not-all-children-killed-by-guns-were-innocent-victims-st/article_e56212fd-6870-51c1-8f09-7cb09c776645.html

... Edwards said while those under 10 years old were innocent victims, some older children had been linked to illegal activity. ...

This thread is sure to grow.  Most of the DUmmies at this point are putting their fingers in their ears over what the article is basically saying which is; There are some BAD teenagers out there and the only way to fight this kind of stuff is to start holding the kids responsible instead of laying blame everywhere else and overlooking the FACT these kids are CRIMINALS engaging in criminal activity and some are finding out what the words 'occupational hazard' really means!

dalton99a (41,349 posts)

1. "The NRA approves this message"

"And the KKK"

hmanne (92 posts)

2. Did you even bother to read the article?

It's very informative and interesting.

Evergreen Emerald (12,308 posts)

6. Please elaborate

How was it informative? How was it interesting?

I cannot access it due to ad blocking.

I don't believe that for a second, you just didn't like what the article said!

bullwinkle428 (17,110 posts)

3. This is just an extension of the "he/she was no angel" meme.

dalton99a (41,350 posts)

4. +1. It will be another bullet point for gun humpers

And it should be a bullet point for everyone!  If you're not willing to face the fact that these kids are full blown criminals, in a lot of cases, then YOU are part of the problem.  The article points out that 8 of 13 teenagers killed were actively involved in crimes at the time of their death.  Very SOPHISTICATED criminal activities, is what the article states.

Farmer-Rick (3,425 posts)

5. The article itself says that 13 groups have formally object to his comments

So, jumping on people here at DU for having the same outrage is like shooting ducks in a barrel.

The portion you posted does not mitigate the man's remarks at all.

Even his own attempt to mitigate his comments by saying how 15 and 16 year olds were found with money and drugs or that some are suicides do nothing to down play the sheer cruelty of his comments.

These children paid with their lives for our ridiculous gun control laws. Denigrating them by implying they brought it on themselves ignores the issue of out of control firarms policy.

Putting your fingers in your ears will not help.

liberalmuse (17,170 posts)

8. No one deserves to be shot to death.

Period. Looks like we’ll never know the true depths of revulsion as long as Republicans are around to hack up these sorts of vile and racist statements. Pedophiles use similar arguments. These people are sickening and should be publicly shamed for this kind of idiotic, toxic nonsense.

Oh, I can think of a lot of people who deserve to be shot to death.  Come to my house to do me and my family harm, you deserve to be shot to death, and probably will be.

This thread is likely to grow.  It should be fun to watch them all react without ever reading the article and seeing what this man has done for the youth in his community.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

:censored: So, in DUpipo eyes a 13YO thug-wannabe punk shot in self-defense by the dude(tte) the punk was beating the @#$% out of or raping is morally equivalent to a 3YO shot and killed while playing on a swing? :censored:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
:censored: So, in DUpipo eyes a 13YO thug-wannabe punk shot in self-defense by the dude(tte) the punk was beating the @#$% out of or raping is morally equivalent to a 3YO shot and killed while playing on a swing? :censored:

Yup.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Yup.

KC

Glad to see the calibration of my DU-Speak decoder ring is still good.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

You see, they are just trying to raise the tuition to go to MIT to learn rocket science. :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Glad to see the calibration of my DU-Speak decoder ring is still good.

Oh, it's working just fine.  See, here's the major part the DUmmie didn't bring over so it could further its talking point of 'racism'!

Edwards said a 15-year-old was found dead one morning “with an automatic weapon on his person with an extended ammunition magazine, $5,000 in cash and a large quantity of drugs.”

He said another shooting victim, 16, was on “the police carjacking offender list” and had been allegedly shot in a crossfire “engaged in by two other 16-year-olds.”

“And finally,” Edwards said, “another 15-year-old was alleged to have been ravaging inside a vehicle” in the early morning when he was shot.

I don't know about you, but I would say a 15 year old with an automatic weapon and an extended magazine, needs to be removed from the street and quite possibly with extreme prejudice!

KC

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

extended ammunition magazine
:thatsright:

That's a new one on me, I wonder if it was full of assault bullets? :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

he terna he live aroun. He gona ga to kolledge n get he an edumacicion.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline landofconfusion80

You really should ask somebody what their age/orientation/ color before you shoot them in self defense
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline 67 Rover

You are missing the bigger question and that would be was he a member of the NRA?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline SVPete

extended ammunition magazine

Distinguishing it from Playthug magazine? :fuelfire:

Offline Muddling 2

Dayum!

Pintobean/Quikid is taking no prisoners.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
I'm still waiting for my extended pistol bullet clip to arrive from Dick's Sporting Apparel and Tutu Emporium.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
liberalmuse (17,170 posts)

8. No one deserves to be shot to death.

Except white gun owners with no criminal history, right?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."