Author Topic: Bill Maher Shreds Progressives Over P.C. Culture  (Read 1001 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Bill Maher Shreds Progressives Over P.C. Culture
« on: September 30, 2019, 09:34:52 PM »
Dem4Life1102 (42 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212528241

:popcorn:

Star Member Crunchy Frog (20,604 posts)

1. He can go **** himself.

Star Member Hekate (56,944 posts)

2. He's such an ass

TidalWave46 (179 posts)

3. Trump is going down. NT

:???:

Star Member backtoblue (8,033 posts)

7. Heres a PC **** off mr. maher

There is NO comparison in any universe in which liberals/progressives behave like the brain-washed fools in their fox bubble. The difference being that we give a damn about other humans and our planet.

Belated welcome to DU

Edit: We're not above scrutiny, but a fox comparison is Over The Line. I do, however see the irony of my being offended at the comparison.

To get to the root of my point...Impeach MF45. Focus. We are NOT like them...

:mental:

WhiskeyGrinder (6,465 posts)

9. **** Bill Maher.

Star Member wellst0nev0ter (5,179 posts)

13. Literally did a double take when I read this

Maher:

Look, I tried to drive a stake through political correctness in the '
90s. I obviously failed dismally. It’s worse than ever.

Also Maher:

[What’s your problem with Liam Neeson?] He’s for horse-drawn carriages in Central Park. And I’m a PETA board member.

Pick a side, asshole.

:-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Bill Maher Shreds Progressives Over P.C. Culture
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:43:51 AM »
Sometimes Maher is perceptive, sometimes he's an idiot. Judging by DU-folks reaction, I have to ask what perceptive thing Maher said this time.

There is NO comparison in any universe in which liberals/progressives behave like the brain-washed fools in their fox bubble. The difference being that we give a damn about other humans and our planet.

Was that first sentence supposed to be coherent? But OK, ignoring the most important "caring" things I do for people: in January I did a 5K that benefited Kiwanis; in March I did a 5K that benefited a local school district; in April I did a 10K that benefited a local museum; in September I did a 10K that benefited orphanages in Vietnam; in September I did a 10K that benefited a trail-park system in Mountain View and Sunnyvale; I just signed up for a 10K that will benefit a trail-park system in Campbell; in November I'll probably do a 5K that benefits a co-op preschool and a 5K or 10K turkey trot where I'll be donating food to a food bank (for the 6th year in a row). That's just calendar year 2019. In 2018 I also did 5Ks or 10Ks that benefited a couple of school districts, Cupertino Parks & Rec, a Christian radio station, Danville and Felton Rotary (2 separate events), Santa Clara Fire & Police charities, a couple of Indian charities, and the Vietnamese orphanages charity. Like I said, that's not even the most important stuff I do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 01:19:31 PM »
00000001l\lllllk=/00+
Quote from: SVPete link=topic=120950.msg1454
09#msg1454209 date=1569941031
Sometimes Maher is perceptive, sometimes he's an idiot. Judging by DU-folks reaction, I have to ask what perceptive thing Maher said this time.

Was that first sentence supposed to be coherent? But OK, ignoring the most important "caring" things I do for people: in January I did a 5K that benefited Kiwanis; in March I did a 5K that benefited a local school district; in April I did a 10K that benefited a local museum; in September I did a 10K that benefited orphanages in Vietnam; in September I did a 10K that benefited a trail-park system in Mountain View and Sunnyvale; I just signed up for a 10K that will benefit a trail-park system in Campbell; in November I'll probably do a 5K that benefits a co-op preschool and a 5K or 10K turkey trot where I'll be donating food to a food bank (for the 6th year in a row). That's just calendar year 2019. In 2018 I also did 5Ks or 10Ks that benefited a couple of school districts, Cupertino Parks & Rec, a Christian radio station, Danville and Felton Rotary (2 separate events), Santa Clara Fire & Police charities, a couple of Indian charities, and the Vietnamese orphanages charity. Like I said, that's not even the most important stuff I do.
[/qu7/ote]

Fail, no white healing light and hands.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 01:35:51 PM »
They get butt hurt because people point out their political correctness.   :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 07:13:51 PM »
Dem4Life1102 (42 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212528241

Welcome to the PC Machine.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 07:50:57 AM »
Quote from:
Skittles

6. make no mistake

"politically correct" usually means just basic decency

Usually?? It either does or it doesn't.

In this case, I have not make a mistake at all. Political correctness is a way for liberals to control the language, and therefore control the narrative by which issues are discussed. No one has yet to explain how calling someone "sight challenged" and calling them "blind" makes a difference in that person's ability to see.

One of the left's more recent words/phrases is "Love is love" to try and make the alphabet people the same as everyone else. But love is not love. There are all sorts of love that are improper and/or immoral. In fact, those types of love aren't really love at all. Of course, it's not PC to believe that, much less say it. I, for one, am not going to stop pointing these things out despite the liberals persecuting those of us who don't obey their authoritarian pronouncements.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.