Author Topic: DUmpmonkiez call for civil war  (Read 2262 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DUmpmonkiez call for civil war
« on: September 15, 2019, 06:35:52 PM »
shockey80 (2,449 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212455264

Don't worry, nothing will happen. Let's take the kids, a picnic basket and go watch the SHOW.
This is what people from a nearby town did at one of the first battles of the civil war. They did not have a clue how much danger they were in until shots rang out. They had no idea what the future would bring, 600,000 war dead.

Today in America we have roughly sixty-million Republican voters who are in a catatonic state, a complete mental stupor. They have no idea how much danger they have put themselves and our country in.

We have a so called president who by definition is a traitor. Trump has put our national security at risk. We have no idea how many secrets Trump may have given away to our enemies. There is a lack of urgency to remove a traitor from the White house, think about that.

Trumps foreign policy has been a complete disaster because he has none. He has destroyed our good name around the world. No country in their right mind would want to make deal with Trump. No ally of ours would want to share intelligence with Trump. Pulling out of the Iran deal may go down as one of the greatest foreign policy disasters in our history.

Trump has put our economy at risk with his tariff wars, his tax cuts and deregulation.

Trump has attacked the rule of law and constitution. He has damaged the fabric of our democracy and no one knows what price we will all pay for all the corruption.

There is a nation wide lack of urgency about the danger we are in. There is a lack of urgency on impeachment. We will simply vote him out in 2020 and everything will be fine.

We the people, in our great slumber have set ourselves up for a catastrophic event.

Don't worry, nothing will happen.

Go ahead and fire the first shot, shock.

Star Member Duppers (16,916 posts)

2. +100

My paranoid hubby really fears bloodshed if tRump loses the election, as he most likely will.

I keep telling him we're not that close to a Civil War. Are we?

Star Member hay rick (4,927 posts)

3. Expect bloodshed if Trump "wins" the election. nt

Star Member gordianot (13,744 posts)

4. Why fear human capacity to be murderously stupid?

Every human alive has had to live with the potential of violence since we were conceived. At the very pinnacle of fools are people who think violent conflict in a civil war is winnable in the 21st century. On the other hand as far as I can tell in America you have a right to self defense if you have a home dwelling and authorities think you have that right. The one thing I have learned in 67 years is when you look for trouble you get it.

9. ...Well, my hubs is not an aggressive type in the least, quite the opposite. He fears being harmed by the surrounding wingers and he's neurotically wondering if we should move to NYC area where our son lives rather than stay in the South. I think he's a bit nuts.
Others' posts below says he's not.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member mnhtnbb (25,523 posts)

11. I don't think your hubs is nuts

I told my husband in the spring of 2016 that if Trump won, I wanted out. We had a history of looking to find a way out of the country going back to the 90's when we actually went to New Zealand to take a look at moving there.

During the Bush years, we got involved with building a place in Panama. We both got through the process of successfully receiving permanent resident visas. Then Obama won and we gave up on Panama as it had gotten bogged down with issues and we no longer felt it was so important to have an out.

So, in 2016 I wasn't so sure we could take on moving to another country. I proposed we look at Hawaii. Blue state and as far away from the gun nuts and crazies as possible. Still the US.

After election night, I told my husband I was planning the go look at Hawaii trip for December. Did he agree that if we went he was prepared to move? He said no. So we didn't go look.

A year later we were separated and a year after that--2018--he killed himself.

Now I wonder whether I should be planning that look see trip to Hawaii for myself. Or somewhere else. Or whether I've aged (I'm 68) to the point it's nuts to think of such a move now.

I don't think your husband is nuts. There are now more guns than people in this country and a lot of people itching for a chance to use them.

:popcorn:

Karadeniz (2,868 posts)

8. We really need to expand what is taught at the high school level. American politics and govt

Were beyond me until I lived in England for 3 years. It's so much easier to understand there. That gave me a basis to build on with American politics. We can cut out the English middleman and get kids better educated...and bring current events into it!...and how to research to recognize fake news!

The Liberal Lion (1,235 posts)

16. Well written and well stated post

I think many here on DU and throughout the liberal/progressive community are beginning to acknowledge the possibility of a true and dangerous schism in not only our country but in the west in general. Myself, and this is in no way to raise hopelessness nor to discourage anyone from exercising their right to vote, no longer believes the system is functioning. I will vote, and I encourage others to do so, but honestly I don't believe my vote matters any longer. What matters now is what we do to protect ourselves, our values, and our community. America, as we believe it existed, has fallen. We are now in a world that is strange and alien to us.

We have entered an age of authoritarianism and fascism, honestly, these are the most positive terms to describe this era we are now in. I believe what we have seen thus far is only the tip of the iceberg for the horrors yet to come. Governments, in the western democracies, are no longer a matter of governing by consent of the people, the people now exist by consent of government. I am a verbose person, so I'll try to limit myself. Now is not the time for depression, misery or hopelessness. Now is the time for courage, resolve and resilience. Capitalism has failed, and as a result democracy has failed. It has been replaced with oligarchy, patronage, corruption and authoritarianism,

Each of us who are willing must resolve to remain free. Freedom from the need of government is the key. The first step is self sufficiency. I have written it elsewhere and I'll stress it here now. They can only hold you in check if you are in need of them. You must become free, or your knee shall truly bend. The individual must become mentally, physically, and financially self sufficient. You must free yourself from the grid. You must be able to feed yourself, clothe yourself, produce your own energy, collect your own water, etc. This is the first step.

I personally believe the only way that we defeat this evil that has risen is not to counter or resist, but rather to make the system obsolete. Capitalism and with it democracy has only fallen because they had become obsolete. Fascism and authoritarianism are old methods and those too can be made obsolete. I practice what I preach. As I have written in other threads I am in the process of creating a self sufficient community. I am a small person, a nobody, but this is the way my thoughts have led me. I started with myself. Everyday I did something to make myself less dependent, whether that was using less electricity or eating foods that I knew I could grow or raise, I started conditioning myself to be off the grid. I would encourage those who have not already started this to begin now.

You are welcome to continue to believe that this system still works. Fine, but prepare for the eventuality that it does not.

:mental:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: DUmpmonkiez call for civil war
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »
Civil War 2 would be atrocious, but by all means we should violently crush The Left since they're asking for it.  Let's get it over with.  All they have are suburban guerilla-tactics and they're not even very deft at employing those, I'm speculating.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 07:20:50 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

big deep breath in and wiping my eyes from crying..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 07:44:38 PM »
Project much, libtard?  Democrats are in a catatonic stupor, frothing at the mouth.  Conservatives and Trump supporters are actual critical thinkers.  Unlike your disaster of a party.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »
The Liberal Lion (1,235 posts)

blah, blah, blah

Governments, in the western democracies, are no longer a matter of governing by consent of the people, the people now exist by consent of government.

blah, blah, blah

So you're posting at The DUmp where everyone wants to give the government more power to run your life? :mental:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 08:59:07 PM »
With just a little more edge and crudity, DU-Loon shockey80 could become TheMasterNematode 2.0.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »
shockey80 (2,449 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212455264

Don't worry, nothing will happen. Let's take the kids, a picnic basket and go watch the SHOW.
This is what people from a nearby town did at one of the first battles of the civil war. They did not have a clue how much danger they were in until shots rang out. They had no idea what the future would bring, 600,000 war dead.

Today in America we have roughly sixty-million Republican voters who are in a catatonic state, a complete mental stupor. They have no idea how much danger they have put themselves and our country in.

We have a so called president who by definition is a traitor. Trump has put our national security at risk. We have no idea how many secrets Trump may have given away to our enemies. There is a lack of urgency to remove a traitor from the White house, think about that.

Trumps foreign policy has been a complete disaster because he has none. He has destroyed our good name around the world. No country in their right mind would want to make deal with Trump. No ally of ours would want to share intelligence with Trump. Pulling out of the Iran deal may go down as one of the greatest foreign policy disasters in our history.

Trump has put our economy at risk with his tariff wars, his tax cuts and deregulation.

Trump has attacked the rule of law and constitution. He has damaged the fabric of our democracy and no one knows what price we will all pay for all the corruption.

There is a nation wide lack of urgency about the danger we are in. There is a lack of urgency on impeachment. We will simply vote him out in 2020 and everything will be fine.

We the people, in our great slumber have set ourselves up for a catastrophic event.

Don't worry, nothing will happen.

Uh okay. :english:  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 09:09:26 AM »

9. ...Well, my hubs is not an aggressive type in the least, quite the opposite. He fears being harmed by the surrounding wingers and he's neurotically wondering if we should move to NYC area where our son lives rather than stay in the South. I think he's a bit nuts.
Others' posts below says he's not.
Yes, move to NYC. Maybe it will encourage other lefties to do the same and reverse the locust like migration from blue hell holes to booming red states. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 10:29:15 AM »
Karadeniz (2,868 posts)

8. We really need to expand what is taught at the high school level. American politics and govt

Were beyond me until I lived in England for 3 years. It's so much easier to understand there. That gave me a basis to build on with American politics. We can cut out the English middleman and get kids better educated...and bring current events into it!...and how to research to recognize fake news!

Don't blame us - own your own stupidity.

That said, what passes for history lessons in school here is mostly about how wicked the West (and especially the British Empire) has been for the past few centuries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »
Star Member mnhtnbb (25,523 posts)

11. I don't think your hubs is nuts

During the Bush years, we got involved with building a place in Panama. We both got through the process of successfully receiving permanent resident visas. Then Obama won and we gave up on Panama as it had gotten bogged down with issues and we no longer felt it was so important to have an out.

I don't think your husband is nuts. There are now more guns than people in this country and a lot of people itching for a chance to use them.

2 points of clarification here;

1.  I notice you didn't say "buying a place in Panama" which leads me to believe you got SCAMMED when you went to Panama.

2.  Your statement about firearms owners is patently false and it's easily provable.  A conservative estimate of firearms owners in the US is 100,000,000.  Let's say a paltry 1% were "itching for a chance to use them."  That's 1,000,000 people itching to do something.  Following statistics these 1,000,000 would have 3,000,000 firearms available to them along with the ammo for each.

Now, if there truly were a bunch of people just "itching" to use their firearms for nefarious activities ... I kind of think this would be all over the news ALL THE TIME!

Just my take.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 12:23:03 PM »
The prediction of the dreaded second civil war if (current Republican President) loses election. Another set of recycled posts first issued in 2004.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.