Author Topic: I saw a woman in a MAGA hat.  (Read 1553 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I saw a woman in a MAGA hat.
« on: September 14, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »
Star Member DemocratSinceBirth (93,084 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212463617

I saw a woman in a MAGA hat. Trumpkins in the midst.
Channeling Pauline Kale there are Trumpkins in the midst, even in Southern California. It's like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

I'll do you one better:

Trans cafe worker fired after kicking out conservative activist
The conservative activist was with the Nebraska Family Alliance, a “pro-family” lobbying group that campaigns against LGBTQ rights.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trans-cafe-worker-fired-after-kicking-out-conservative-activist-n1054306

“Right there, sitting there was the face of an organization that has been the source of a great deal of personal stress,” Weiss told NBC News.

Weiss said she called Synek’s name and said to her: “I thought I recognized you. … You should get the f--- out and never come back.”

Weiss couldn’t recall her exact phrasing, but noted that her words were “vulgar.”

In a statement to NBC News, Synek said that Weiss called her “bigoted trash” and that she was not “f------ wanted” at the coffee shop. Synek added that Weiss said if she came back, she would be refused service.

Weiss said she understood that the interaction was “unprofessional” and that while she expected to be reprimanded by Cultiva’s management, she was not expecting to be fired.

:rotf:

Did she learn anything from this?

Nope.

“The Nebraska Family Alliance always tells gay people to go get their wedding cakes at another shop if one won’t serve them, so why couldn’t Synek go to another shop instead of starting a firestorm within 24 hours?” Weiss said. “Now her allies are calling my former co-workers faggots, and her political allies are sending threats over Facebook.”

Synek, for her part, said she had “never broadcasted” her political opinions at Cultiva and always treated the employees with respect.

Though Weiss said many have offered to set up GoFundMe accounts on her behalf after she lost her job, she hopes people who sympathize with her will consider donating to OutNebraska instead.

“So, for those keeping track, in Nebraska, you can be fired or lose your home because you identify as LGBTQ+, and you can also be fired for telling people who fight for that status quo to get lost,” Weiss said.

You yelled at a customer, caused a scene and brought negative press on the store and it's owners and you still think it's the customer's fault?   :bird:

ANY-way... back to the OP...

Star Member raging moderate (2,469 posts)

1. .

Make America Gross Again.

Please forgive the dot title. I have a progressive problem with my computer. Whenever I try to post things or answer surveys, etc., I get flipped out of the internet. I have learned to outwit whatever virus/etc. is doing this. Apparently, it just now learned how to prevent me from adding to my Reply Title. If I lose my ability to speak at all, then farewell DU friends! Know that my departure will not be voluntary!

It's because you are doing it on a work computer...

Star Member DemocratSinceBirth (93,084 posts)

3. I didn't say anything. It's your right to wear any attire you want.

To me wearing the hat means I'm a racist moron and I don't care who I offend.

:mental:

Star Member rownesheck (738 posts)

2. I see them sometimes,

but they are always white and seem to be on their last leg.
Ti-i-i-ime is on our side. Yes it is!

Star Member murielm99 (24,213 posts)

5. I wish that was all I was seeing.

I see young male MAGATS, at our local community college. They are not going away any time soon.

Star Member SWBTATTReg (7,367 posts)

8. They obviously are in limbo land, and don't realize or see the looks of disgust when they walk by...

with the stupid hat...I'm not surprised being that they've got the wool pulled over their eyes and they are being misled grossly as to facts and the actual reality on the ground.

We're seeing this everywhere, farmers, ranchers, manufacturers, steel workers, just about every demographic group (besides the obvious one, immigrants) has suffered and all have suffered a massive inflation hit to our income purchasing power of roughly $1,000 yearly with all of idiot's tariffs.

Maybe they'll realize that effective governing takes more than a loud mouth and bullying tactics.

Initech (76,937 posts)

11. I've seen gay dudes decked out in full MAGA gear.

Damn, talk about being tricked into voting against your best interests.

:whatever:

Star Member StarfishSaver (4,272 posts)

15. One of the most troubling things I've seen are kids on field trips to DC walking around in MAGA hats

I realize for a lot of them, this isn't political but more of a youthful rebellion, since kids often try to get a rise out of people by being as contrarian as possible. But when I was their age (and I've reached the age where I actually say things like "when I was THEIR age"...), i rebelled against my parents and teachers by doing things like wearing an afro pick in my hair and painting a Bowie lightning bolt on my face. I didn't walk around wearing George Wallace paraphernalia and shouting Lester Maddox slogans ...

:stoner:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: I saw a woman in a MAGA hat.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 03:19:48 PM »
So let me see if I understand this, a guy who thinks he is a she confronts a customer who is doing nothing to provoke the attack is upset because his acting like a privileged ass hole got him fired.

Now that is some crazy shit!!! :thatsright:  :mental: :mental: :mental:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

TRANS, he transitioned from being employed to being fired!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Re: I saw a woman in a MAGA hat.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 03:46:55 PM »
TRANS, he transitioned from being employed to being fired!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
H5! LOL!