Author Topic: Sen. Menendez stalls Issa nomination over fake ID flap from you  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Sen. Menendez stalls Issa nomination over fake ID flap from you
« on: September 21, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »
Sen. Menendez stalls Issa nomination over fake ID flap from you
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-menendez-stalls-issa-nomination-over-fake-id-when-he-was-a-teenager-sources

EXCLUSIVE: Former GOP Rep. Darrell Issa’s confirmation hearing for a top trade position in the Trump administration was indefinitely delayed Thursday after Senate Foreign Relations Committee Ranking Member Bob Menendez insisted on the release of an FBI background file that sources say shows Issa used a fake ID when he was 17.

Issa, the colorful former chairman of the House Oversight Committee, was nominated a year ago to be director of the U.S. Trade and Development Agency. With the confirmation process at a crawl, he's already signaled he's ready to move on, creating an exploratory committee for a potential run against embattled Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif.

Asked Thursday about the latest delay, Issa told Fox News: “My desire is to serve the president and help in any way I can. If it becomes my best course to take a congressional seat and help take back the majority in the House, that’s OK, too.”

Really??????????????????????  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du