Author Topic: Should they impeach or should they not?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Should they impeach or should they not?
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:45:58 PM »
kentuck (93,144 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212459702

Should they impeach or should they not?

Nancy Pelosi is correct - it would divide the country.

But, the country will be divided so long as Trump is the President, whether or not there is an impeachment. That is not a good reason to not impeach Donald Trump.

The other excuse is political. Many of the new Democrats elected in the last election come from previously red districts and they do not wish to gamble with an impeachment hearing.

So they are stuck in the middle. The Judiciary Committee has voted to call witnesses but many doubt if they are serious about the investigation. We shall see in the next two or three weeks.

They simply cannot decide. It is a dilemma for them. We will not know for sure if it is an historical blunder until after the next election? They say they are looking for the facts. Some ask, how many more facts do they need?

:popcorn:

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (74,432 posts)

1. As far as I'm concerned,

they can go ahead and impeach the ****er, and then when the GOP senate doesn't convict him they can equate them to an all-white jury in Mississippi in the '50s acquitting a white man accused of killing a black man (thanks to Richard Painter for the analogy).

kentuck (93,144 posts)

6. They are fearful and not confident they can carry the argument.

There is no easy answer.

However, I agree with you that they could credibly blame Republicans if they refused to convict. After all, he is an unindicted co-conspirator in a pay-off scheme to keep women quiet just before the election. He may have lost if they had not been paid off and had gone public just before the election. Also, it has been known to everyone since day one that Donald Trump is violating the emoluments clause of the Constitution.

Now, we hear that he is making money off our military staying at his golf club in Scotland. Also, he lied about not doing business with Russia.

All this and about eight or ten charges of obstruction of justice. Why would any Democrat be fearful of prosecuting that argument?

Star Member malaise (195,222 posts)

5. ITTMF

Now!

gratuitous (66,424 posts)

8. Conduct a public investigation

Develop the record and show the public what Trump has done wrong. Yes, it will take time. Yes, some people will stand by Trump come hell or high water. Yes, some people will whine about how boring it all is. Yes, there are other things the House would like to get done. Yes, Donald Trump will tweet mean things at you.

Get over it. There's too much at stake. If you do your job right, you'll practically guarantee another blue wave in 2020.

Brawndo (497 posts)

9. If "The public isn't there on impeachment" then LEAD them to it Speaker Pelosi

She is currently the highest elected Democrat and the leader/face of our party. If not her, then who is supposed to be trying to move public opinion?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/pelosi-walks-out-on-press-im-done-talking-about-impeachment

Pelosi walks out on press: I’m done talking about impeachment

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Should they impeach or should they not?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 07:50:40 AM »
This may surprise the DUmmies, but I'm totally in favor of impeachment.

Once you have identified and proven the high crimes and misdemeanors that President Trump is guilty of.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:51:26 AM »
Meh ... I hope the House Dems impeach Trump. It'd be one of the stooooooopidist things they could possibly do. The Senate would smack them down, and then the voters almost certainly would smack them down.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:23:37 AM »
This may surprise the DUmmies, but I'm totally in favor of impeachment.

Once you have identified and proven the high crimes and misdemeanors that President Trump is guilty of.

My question being:

…..how many more facts do they need?.....

what facts do we have so far?  List them, please.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 07:20:41 PM »
Nan’s problem is, she may not have the votes to send it to the Senate.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 10:22:55 PM »
kentuck (93,144 posts)
Now, we hear that he is making money off our military staying at his golf club in Scotland. ...

The current deal for refueling USAF plane in Scotland was signed in 2015. Who was President in 2015? Womp! Womp!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.