Author Topic: Lucy's latest football...  (Read 33042 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Lucy's latest football...
« on: September 09, 2019, 06:30:16 PM »
Star Member brooklynite (53,928 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212449369

BREAKING: CIA extracted a major Russian Intelligence asset...
...because they were worried that Trump would reveal it...

Stephanie Grisham denied the claims, saying: “CNN’s reporting is not only incorrect, it has the potential to put lives in danger.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/russia-spy-trump-us-government-cia-intelligence-a9097721.html

A source that CNN said was directly involved in the decision to remove the spy from Russia said Trump's disclosure renewed concerns that the U.S. informant could be outed.

The CIA denied in a statement to the news network that its coverage was accurate.

"Misguided speculation that the President's handling of our nation's most sensitive intelligence—which he has access to each and every day—drove an alleged exfiltration operation is inaccurate," agency spokeswoman Brittany Bramell said.
https://www.dailysabah.com/americas/2019/09/09/us-removed-top-spy-from-russia-in-2017-report-says

So, basically another media lie to slam Trump. Of course the DUmpmonkiez are furious...

Star Member Sunny Daze (164 posts)

3. There are no words to describe how pathetic this information along with the so called president are...he always proves he can and will sink lower.

Captain Zero (275 posts)

49. Add it to the impeachment investigation and impeachment charges. This is why I say next April is fine for the impeachment. There is something new to add every day.

machoneman (1,095 posts)

6. Yes and a good move. But, note that the report states that Trump and some WH staff....

were alerted to the extraction(s) BEFORE they occurred.

One can bet that a.) they lied to Trump about the when....the agent was already safely away before they told Trump as the CIA isn't foolish enough to alert him beforehand and b.) it was likely more than one single agent although the most senior one is who they mentioned. Why tell Trump otherwise?

One can also bet our intelligence agencies alerted every single friendly foreign intelligence agency to be real careful or stop sending intelligence through normal channels at the same time. No doubt most allies see what the CIA saw: a Russian agent in the WH!

Or, (if all that is true) you can call it an active coup from the intel agencies against a duly elected President...

Captain Zero (275 posts)

50. And then CIA watched to see if Trump and WH staff tried to alert Russians about the extractions

with the names they were given, which could have been real or not. But it would have flushed out who 'on our side' is really a TRAITOR. Maybe I've read too many Robert Ludlum novels ?

:rotf:

Star Member SWBTATTReg (7,286 posts)

43. Traitor. Deserves to have something done to him, like other traitors are, prison, etc. NT

:whatever:

Skraxx (1,014 posts)

10. I Would Have Hoped This Would Have Happened Much Earlier Than it Did!

But this does not bode well for Trump. The CIA is compartmentalizing from HIM!

Star Member FakeNoose (12,185 posts)

13. The agent left Russia already in 2017

As soon as the CIA saw how Chump blabbed everything to Kislyak in the Oval Office, they knew they had a problem. Their top spy who had access to Putin would be outed if the CIA didn't get him out of there as soon as possible.

This information tells us something important - the CIA must have known that Chump was a Russian agent even before the 2016 election. WTF CIA, when were you planning to tell the rest of us?

:mental:

extvbroadcaster (239 posts)

24. I was just watching this

Seems everyone is afraid, and has been, that Trump is either an idiot who can't handle classified intel or he's a Russian mole.

Star Member Ilsa (52,710 posts)

28. Yet trumpers won't believe this news on CNN or any other network, even fox, unless trump says it is true.

The CIA says it's not true. So... anon sources claim what?

:loser:

ffr (14,059 posts)

33. I don't recall the CIA having to do this when Clinton was president.

I wounder what makes them suspect tRump and the KGOP?

Hmmm.

Star Member Enoki33 (992 posts)

38. This action by the CIA is further confirmation that tRump, and likely other members of his family, are indeed Russian moles. Cannot imagine the turmoil, frustration and sense of national betrayal they have been undergoing. They are patriots who have put their lives on the line. One very powerful mole will severely damage their network, but it will not completely cripple it. Rest assured there is a plan B for extracting information out of Russia that the traitors will never see.

:rotf:

Star Member JHB (27,469 posts)

41. I know I don't really have to remind anyone here, but,...on general principles, never let something like this come up without highlighting the foam cannoning that went on about Hillary's "carelessness" about security in her emails.

The portion of that which was accurate was 1) well below the the threshold where authorities thought action was necessary (except Comey, who added his own stream to the foam), and 2) it amounts to a mite on a flyspeck on a tiddlywinks piece compared to what Trump has done.

And the whole ******* Republican Party aids and abets him. None of them in power balk. Occasional muttering in their cups, but no real action.

:thatsright:

blm (100,175 posts)

51. This alone should be impeachable

Star Member sellitman (10,651 posts)

54. I wonder how anyone involved in intel can trust him?

It is impossible to get assets like this in place. Ruined by this President. Can we Impeach yet Nancy?

:panic:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

Re: Lucy's latest football...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 06:54:10 PM »
Star Member Ilsa (52,710 posts)

28. Yet trumpers won't believe this news on CNN or any other network, even fox, unless trump says it is true.

Given their track record why should anyone believe anything on CNN?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 07:24:09 PM »

Don LeMon was far more interesting when he claimed the Singapore airliner disappeared into a black hole.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 06:02:35 PM »
Yawn, another bogus story. They had already had concern for the agent before Trump even took office, and it was not due to Trump.

Due those at DU ever get tired of being misled?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »
Yawn, another bogus story. They had already had concern for the agent before Trump even took office, and it was not due to Trump.

Due those at DU ever get tired of being misled?

Yeah, even the NYT and WashPost took a reality dump on CNN's annoymorously-sourced false story:

WaPo, NYT: Contra CNN, Trump Was Not The Reason CIA Exfiltrated Asset From Russia; Update: Irresponsible Media Reporting Continues

The story appeared to confirm the worst fears about Donald Trump and his sometimes reckless public discourse. CNN’s Jim Sciutto reported yesterday that the CIA was forced to exfiltrate a mole deep within the Kremlin after Trump revealed too much intelligence in a one-on-one meeting with Vladimir Putin in 2017. The loss of this asset meant that Trump had essentially blinded the CIA just at a time when Russian aggression had escalated.

Sounds damning — except that wasn’t how it happened at all, both the New York Times and Washington Post report this morning. The exposure of the asset didn’t come from Trump, but instead from media reporting on Russian election interference from intel sources that revealed enough to put the asset at risk. The Post explicitly rejects Sciutto’s conclusions:

As American officials began to realize that Russia was trying to sabotage the 2016 presidential election, the informant became one of the C.I.A.’s most important — and highly protected — assets. But when intelligence officials revealed the severity of Russia’s election interference with unusual detail later that year, the news media picked up on details about the C.I.A.’s Kremlin sources.

C.I.A. officials worried about safety made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia.

CNN lied, or got hoovered by a liar(s). Unsurprisingly. The exposure was done by Obama's peeps during his administration.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 07:59:19 PM »

Because damnit!  We want it to be true!  /DU mode off
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »
 :beathorse:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 06:50:11 AM »
Quote from: Star Member Ilsa (52,710 posts)

The CIA says it's not true. So... anon sources claim what?

If they says it's not true surely that's just more proof of the cover-up. Impeachment now!!!11111!!!!!elevenoneoneone