Author Topic: Because I'm not stupid.  (Read 32012 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Because I'm not stupid.
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »
Goodheart (1,426 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212412484

Because I'm not stupid.
That was my answer when one of the white people at a very white get-together, surprised to hear me defend Hillary Clinton against a smear, asked me "You're a Democrat??!!! Really? Why?"

I'm keeping it simple these days.

:yawn: Did you yell at them and call them all racists? That will help you turn all the other white people into democrats.

Star Member BigmanPigman (28,954 posts)

1. You are nicer than I am.

:yawn:

Star Member elleng (91,855 posts)

2. Please try engaging in informed and polite dialog, when such circumstances present themselves.

No- DU and the leftists are sure if you just act like an ass long enough you'll turn voters to their side.

Star Member lunatica (43,235 posts)

4. Nope. It doesn't help. Stupid is stupid. You can’t fix it.

:whatever:

Star Member uponit7771 (57,767 posts)

8. Unless there was something pithy and sharp there was going to change no minds in that setting... that's not the way human beings operate as a whole group.

Yes, intelligent argument based on facts will never make anyone change their minds... you should scream and throw things at them.

Star Member sharedvalues (6,337 posts)

12. Ellen, love you, but let me talk about psych for a bit

Different messages are more or less persuasive to different people.

To most liberals calm reasoned discussion is the most persuasive form of argument.
But from most conservatives this is not true!

What persuades many conservatives, is anger, directness, and emotion. This is why Brett Kavanaugh yelled and that worked. This is why Rush Limbaugh calls women “feminazis”. (If you’d like to read more about this, George Lakoff has written about it— how conservatives respond to strength and liberals want to talk things through.)

So, what does that mean? If you meet a conservative, the most effective thing you can do is call them stupid. Call them an idiot. A sucker. (But stay calm. If you get worked up it seems less strong.)

It sounds CRAZY to liberals like us. But that’s why conservatives like Fox and we hate it. We like different styles of communication.

Try it!

Ps I almost always agree with you here.

:mental:

in2herbs (690 posts)

36. It seems to me that the only time Ds get the attention of the Rs in Congress or public is when Ds

decide to take no hostages and speak truth! It may be accompanied with anger but so long as it's not violence I'm good with that. Otherwise I don't think any shift in the R thought process will occur. I'm for shaming them back to hiding under the rock where they came from and short of violence and silence I'm doing all that I can to accomplish that. This is my world, too.

:mental:

rufus dog (7,571 posts)

22. I respectively disagree

I agree with the OP, we need to make a snap decision and pick two paths:

1. Educate
2. Embarrass

Bluntly a person would be correct going the embarrassment route well over 80% of the time.

Seeing the person came out aggressive, I believe the OP made a decision that was 99.9% correct. Had the person provided any inkling that their mind could be changed, then you try to educate.

This can't be said enough, THEY ARE BAD, IGNORANT PEOPLE!

Edit: Sharedvalues in post 12 hit it. It may be uncomfortable, but it is necessary, they need to be punched between the eyes. Sometimes multiple times. Liberals don't get this, kind, nurturing doesn't work. It is why we can't comprehend anyone voting for tRump. Make it extremely uncomfortable for them and we can flip up to 20% of them.

Now are we using them, with out a doubt, but it is for their own good.

they are lunatics.

bigbrother05 (5,698 posts)

34. Kindness and nurturing is seen as weakness

They often see it as an opportunity to take advantage and demonstrate dominance. That's why the Right viewed the 2016 debates as a win for Trump, he was belligerent and repetitive vs. her reasoned policy-oriented approach.

:lmao: They still believe hillary won the 2016 debates...

Ferrets are Cool (5,537 posts)

40. Nope.

They haven't earned polite dialog. They are ****ing ME over and every other American who isn't a billionaire. Not only America, but the world is suffering because of their IDIOCY also. So **** ALL OF THEM.

Of course, you can handle it however YOU want.

rufus dog (7,571 posts)

25. Um, not only no, but hell no!

each one of those takes you down a rabbit hole. Why would any logical person still be a tRump supporter?

Everything they said the Clinton's did, tRump has actually done. Yet they hate the Clinton's but love tRump.

So using logic is a fools errand.

The OP was right.

:thatsright:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Because I'm not stupid.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
Quote from:
Goodheart

Because I'm not stupid.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Whatever helps you sleep at night, primitive.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Quote from:
sharedvalues

So, what does that mean? If you meet a conservative, the most effective thing you can do is call them stupid. Call them an idiot. A sucker. (But stay calm. If you get worked up it seems less strong.)

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao:

Considering the source, who would care?

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

This from the same dolts who get upset when they hear someone say democrat party.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:43:48 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 11:27:23 PM »
Star Member lunatica (43,235 posts)

4. Nope. It doesn't help. Stupid is stupid. You can’t fix it.

That's why you DUmbasses are beyond redemption.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but when the DUmmies all call me stupid and evil, well, it just strikes a chord in my soul, and I want to thank them for enlightening me with their irresistible intellect and warmth.

Wait a minute.
Strike that.

On second thought, go suck on Glock, scum sucking leeches. :bird: :bird:  :bird:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 08:34:59 AM »

To most liberals calm reasoned discussion is the most persuasive form of argument.

What persuades many conservatives, is anger, directness, and emotion. This is why Brett Kavanaugh yelled and that worked. This is why Rush Limbaugh calls women “feminazis”. (If you’d like to read more about this, George Lakoff has written about it— how conservatives respond to strength and liberals want to talk things through.)

Deplorable didn't work so maybe "stupid" will? Yes, do that.   :whatever:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »
Goodheart (1,426 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212412484

Because I'm not stupid.
That was my answer when one of the white people at a very white get-together, surprised to hear me defend Hillary Clinton against a smear, asked me "You're a Democrat??!!! Really? Why?"

And then a cop fell out of the bushes laughing ... :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 11:07:25 AM »
Goodheart

Because I'm not stupid

Didn't realize Fredo Cuomo posted at the DUmp.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 12:02:49 PM »
OBJECTION!

Assumes fact not in evidence.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 07:43:28 PM »
they need to be punched between the eyes. Sometimes multiple times. Liberals don't get this, kind, nurturing doesn't work. It is why we can't comprehend anyone voting for tRump. Make it extremely uncomfortable for them and we can flip up to 20% of them.

What manner of logic makes them think they can flip 20% (a huge number) by hitting us between the eyes multiple times?  And BTW, how would they ever get a chance to do it even once? 

Posted on fb. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 08:12:37 PM »
...  And BTW, how would they ever get a chance to do it even once? 

So you're expecting something like: "Whifff!" "Click, bang!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 09:29:33 AM »

It sounds CRAZY to liberals like us. But that’s why conservatives like Fox and we hate it. We like different styles of communication.

Try it!

Ps I almost always agree with you here.[\quote]

I think that this one hits the nail squarely on the head...in fact, I think that whoever ends up as the Democrat Party nominee next year should just keep repeating "Are you a conservative? If so, you're stupid, you're an idiot, you're a sucker." They'd easily win 600 votes in the electoral college...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 10:06:02 AM »
This is why Brett Kavanaugh yelled and that worked.

I believe that statement is false, though people falsely accused of crimes usually do not respond entirely calmly.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »
I don't understand their problem with white people, considering we are still the majority they have no hope of winning without us. Besides, who built this country and all it's wonderfull technology. All the countrise run by blacks and latinos are mostly third world shit holes run by dictators.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!