Author Topic: Big Mo has had her ups and downs in life  (Read 8503 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Big Mo has had her ups and downs in life
« on: August 26, 2019, 01:29:01 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11473621

mopinko (53,638 posts)

i posted this on fb today, i thought it might get an amen here.

got into a fight w my best friend this morning because i woke up w a knife of pain in my back, so i thought i might need to explain to more than just one person.

i feel like i ought to put this out there.
i dont like to bitch about my health, or, frankly, to talk about it.
but i feel like maybe some of my friends are scratching their heads about stuff i am or am not doing, and i think it might help if i explained.

i have had a lot of ups and downs in my health for nearly 20 years now. i got bit by a mosquito, and came down w west nile. i never felt good again. i have fibromyalgia, and some autoimmune irregularities as well as 3 separate autoimmune conditions.

i have had creeping osteoarthritis for the last decade, starting w 2 vertebral disks that fell apart in '08.
2 years ago, i had to have my shoulder reconstructed, and now i have 2 hips and a knee that are a daily drag.
and i cant take most pain meds, as my intestines are sorta falling apart.

the last 2 years have been a steady downward slide.
at this point, i am barely functional.
tho i marvel at the number of seedlings and plants that i was able to produce this year, i also know how many failed, and why, and how much more i could have done w just a little more energy, and how much extra help it took.

i am grateful as all holy hell that i have the kind of support for everyday life functions that i have now, but i think everybody knows that that is a rose w many thorns.

through all this, i have never doubted that there was a fix out there that could at least make things better.
both surgeries were very successful, and made a massive improvement. meds have helped keep the fibro at bay for a long while.

but i turn 65 in a few short weeks, and it feels like there are no more peaks out there for me to climb. just a deeper and deeper valley, w no passes out.

so, if i miss your thing, even tho i said i was gonna be there a couple of hours ago, or it takes me several hours or even days to answer your messages, or it seems like i am always napping, now you know why.

no sorries or prayers or suggestions needed.
i just thought there were more than a couple people on this feed that might read this and go- ooo00ooh.

ps, if you post something that is the kind of thing that makes people w chronic illness groan or cry, imma delete it.
i have heard them all, i know they are well intentioned. but they can make us sickies a little nuts, and i dont want that to happen to any of my sicky friends.

i aint mad at ya. it's ok, but it's my thread here.

As most here know, Big Mo since 2004 has been one of my favorite primitives, and I mean that in a kind sense.

She's of my generation, and we both grew up in the middle-class, she in suburban America and I in small town America.  We both enjoyed privileges many others didn't, chief of them being our loving, caring parents who gave us a stable environment in which to grow up.

But as she's obviously been unhappy most if not all of her adult life, while I've been generally content, it's apparent that somewhere along the line, our paths diverged.  Why has her fate been so much different from mine, or mine from hers?

She's admitted that as an adolescent, she felt a "need" to be a rebel, even though she had nothing against which to rebel.  Myself, like anyone else growing up, I was rebellious at times.....when there was something meaningful to be rebellious about.  Big Mo was a rebel without a cause, franksolich was a rebel with a cause.

She apparently started running with the wrong crowd, nascent women's libbers who like she had a "need" to be angry, to be bitter, without having anything to be bitter or angry about.  I on the other hand ran only with blue-chip people noted for their self-confidence and good cheer for mankind.

She also fell into the hippie idea of "better living through chemistry;" it didn't matter how one behaved, because medical science had, or would develop, some sort of pill to make things okay again.  Myself, I attribute my strength and fortitude in a time of grave illness to that self-discipline, not drugs, builds character.

Big Mo's biggest problem has always been her lack of gratitude for the very much that life has given her.  Loving, caring parents and unselfish siblings, a stable childhood, and then marriage with a banker who loved her to pieces, gave her everything she wanted, and more.

It's all very sad, and one sheds the occasional tear for a suffering fellow human being, but in the decreptitude of her old age, Big Mo's got no one but herself to blame.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Big Mo has had her ups and downs in life
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »
For those unfamiliar with Big Mo:

"2014: Top DUmmie of 2014 (mopinko)"
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,100099.0.html
apres moi, le deluge

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »
I think things really started going downhill for Big Mo when that old tractor done broke down.

But I think she can take heart, be of good cheer because they all ask about her, down on the farm. The cows ask, the pigs ask, the horses ask too!
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »
2 years ago, i had to have my shoulder reconstructed, and now i have 2 hips and a knee that are a daily drag.
and i cant take most pain meds, as my intestines are sorta falling apart.

Normal, decent and civilized people call this getting older.  Only a DUchebag would bitch and moan that it is somebody else's fault. I hope this DUmmy turns to the alternative and offs itself.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »
Note to my fellow Cave members:

If I type such wallowing drivel in 16 years, someone please shoot me.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 12:24:43 PM »
Note to my fellow Cave members:

If I type such wallowing drivel in 16 years, someone please shoot me.
If you did write such drivel you would be a DUmmie. We would have an obligation observe and comment on your decline rather than hasten it.

I am sorry but those are the rules.  :rulez:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 01:10:40 PM »
If you did write such drivel you would be a DUmmie. We would have an obligation observe and comment on your decline rather than hasten it.

I am sorry but those are the rules.  :rulez:

I would expect nothing less than outright mocking and ridicule.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 03:21:35 PM »
I would expect nothing less than outright mocking and ridicule.

And you would get it.  We’d hate to disappoint . . . :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.