Author Topic: I changed from undecided to Pete Buttigieg  (Read 8026 times)

Online CC27

I changed from undecided to Pete Buttigieg
« on: August 26, 2019, 07:56:05 AM »
dsc (47,715 posts)

I changed from undecided to Pete Buttigieg

Honestly, I know he isn't going to win. I also have to say, he may well not deserve to win. But he is my Jesse Jackson. When he ran in 1984 he was 43, had never held elective office. Pete is 37 and well, only has been a mayor. But someone has to be the first. Someone has to lead the way. And like Jackson, there is more than resume to Pete. He is smart and thoughtful and deep. If Inslee had taken off, I likely would have voted for him. He was my sweet spot of record, experience, and policy. But he isn't going to be it. Buttigieg, if he gets a decent number of delegates and keeps doing well in debates will make a LGBT President more possible, then more plausible, and finally more certain to happen.

I was streaming an episode of the Practice from 1999 or 2000. An employer had outed an employee with AIDS and largely won his case with a closing argument that could have translated to today with very few words changed. It was striking how similar the argument about special rights vs discrimination were word for word what we will be hearing in Oct at the Supreme Court. We have a long way to go. I don't know if I will live to see a LGBT President. I didn't think I would live to see a black one. I don't know if I will see a female one. I am only 51 but longevity isn't a hall mark of my clan so I am figuring maybe 30 years or so at best is what I have. Even if I don't see an LGBT President, I am casting my vote in a way that will, I hope, hasten the day someone does. I can live with being Moses to another generation's Joshua.

I know it is virtually certain it won't happen yet but it will. And Pete, flawed though he may be, is the vessel I am choosing to put forward for now. And frankly, I know that even though he is young and less experienced than I might be like, he is a truly impressive person and we could do way, way worse than him and are unlikely to do much better.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287254356

What a mouth full of crap.

Offline SVPete

Re: I changed from undecided to Pete Buttigieg
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 08:09:01 AM »
So, DU-member dsc is voting for where Mayor What's-his-name puts his reproductive plumbing?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 08:12:58 AM »
We have a long way to go. I don't know if I will live to see a LGBT President. I didn't think I would live to see a black one.
Reggie Love would have a different opinion.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 08:44:44 AM »
So, DU-member dsc is voting for where Mayor What's-his-name puts his reproductive plumbing?

I guess DSC is behind the Mayor all the way.  :o
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 10:28:16 AM »
Mary Pete Buttplug for president!!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 10:43:14 AM »
We have already seen LGBT black AND muzzie president, from 2009 to 2017.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 10:57:56 AM »

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 12:30:22 PM »
We have already seen LGBT black AND muzzie president, from 2009 to 2017.

I'm a touch confused, wasn't Bill Clinton the first black President?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 04:26:25 PM »
So DUmmy dsc, Mayor Pete has no chance and his policies make no sense to normal Americans. But he is queer bait so go ahead and throw your massive weight behind him.

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 08:45:21 PM »
So which is worse? The candidate with an obvious mental problem or the person voting for him because of the obvious mental problem?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »
I'm a touch confused, wasn't Bill Clinton the first black President?

Plus, I've heard Pres. Obama called the first L.G.B.T.A.B.C.B.L.T. (&c.&c.) president. Does this mean that Mayor Pete would be the first female president?

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 06:32:50 PM »

lmao..even the Seattle Slimes has had enough of Inslees crap....told him to move on.