Author Topic: Some White Liberals Will Probably Vote For Donald Trump. (HuffPo)  (Read 9085 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member brush (24,228 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212393833

Why Some White Liberals Will Probably Vote For Donald Trump. (HuffPo)
A new study demonstrates that racist dog whistles work.

HUFFPO is almost always wrong... so I'm betting it will be a LOT of white liberals and well as a LOT of black liberals, and a LOT of hispanic liberals... who all vote for Trump...

Star Member lark (13,160 posts)

1. No true "liberal" would ever even consider voting for drumpf or not voting at all.

You have your Jill Stein purists, but they are really phonies and are not real liberals because they only care about themselves and are willing to hurt the working class and the ideals of our country for their personal purity.

This is LITERALLY a NO TRUE SCOTSMAN post!  :rotf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRG9Gq-xtr8

Proud Liberal Dem (18,508 posts)

12. Exactly my thought

This piece- even the headline- makes no sense.

Star Member hlthe2b (71,747 posts)

3. F_K HuffPo for continuing to propogate this Bullshit. No real progressive nor those who

WOULD ACTUALLY go on to vote for a DEM/Progressive thinks like this. I'm really tired of the conflation.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Zambero (5,705 posts)

8. Oh yeah, there's Susan Sarandon. Anyone else?

The sole criteria for this "demographic" would be the means to sit back sip select wine from a palatial estate with a prime but secured view of minions engaging in the long-sought revolution unfurling in the streets below.

(no sarcasm, none needed)

Zambero (5,705 posts)

25. They are not "white liberals" by any stretch

They were mostly independent voters some of who had voted for Obama, a few culturally conservative blue-collar Democrats, and some theretofore non-voters inspired by Trump's rhetoric promising more manufacturing jobs and trade policy reform. By definition and exclusion as well, anyone supporting Trump or his policies cannot be liberal, posers notwithstanding. Susan Sarandon seems to be a prime example of one who takes up the "revolutionary" mantle, then proceeds to precipitate a divide-and-conquer approach while watching it all blow up come election time, and then sits back while taking in all the targeted tax breaks that her wealth affords her. She has much to Thank Trump for. I'm sure she was one happy camper on election night in 2016.

Star Member Arkansas Granny (24,617 posts)

10. I don't know a single liberal who does not loathe and despise Trump. I can't see any liberals or Democrats voting for him.

15. We also saw it in 2016 when some former Obama voters switched to trump because of so-called...

economic anxiety (translation: they succumbed to racist dog whistles).

Star Member comradebillyboy (5,987 posts)

21. Huffpo and Salon are not our allies. They push the Democrats in disarray line even more than the New York Times or Chuck Toad. Proud hosts to H A Goodman and Walter Bragman among others.

:rotf:

43. Yep, self-aware racists know who they are whereas some fool themselves and are unaware and thus...susceptible to dog whistles.

ONE DUmpmonkie gets it:

WhiskeyGrinder (6,248 posts)

44. No true Scotsman, eh?

Saying that a true liberal isn't racist is the flip side of someone saying they can't be racist because they have a black friend.

:popcorn:

Turin_C3PO (2,008 posts)

48. Question.

Do you know any out and proud racists who identify as liberal? I don’t. I’m not saying there aren’t a few but they’re statistically minuscule. Keep in mind that I’m NOT saying that some liberals aren’t susceptible to racist rhetoric, if couched in certain terms. Just saying that I’ve never seen an open racist call themselves liberal.

Star Member jpak (36,860 posts)

39. What a shitshow of a thread

Star Member MrScorpio (71,579 posts) <--- Is Black...

42. I'm not surprised about these results in the least

I’m also not surprised that some on the left want to face this issue

... uh...  :???:

61. Really? See the midwest former Obama voters who succumbed to alleged "economic anxiety".

IMO what they really succumbed to was the trump racist dog whistles which their under-the-surface racism responded to.

"Economic anxiety", my ass.

Star Member MFM008 (16,530 posts)

64. they were never Liberals

:lmao:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Some White Liberals Will Probably Vote For Donald Trump. (HuffPo)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 09:23:25 PM »
Star Member jpak (36,860 posts)

39. What a shitshow of a thread

Perfectly fitting for a shit show of a message board.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 08:38:33 AM »
You just keep saying middle class people voting in their own economic self interest is really them succumbing to racist dog whistles, nice and loud!
Run a bunch of ads in the Midwest and flyover country, screaming that to the rooftops!

The only downside is that PDJT might have to report those ads as an in kind contribution, but ya gotta take the bad with the good, I suppose
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:03:08 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212393833

Why Some White Liberals Will Probably Vote For Donald Trump. (HuffPo)
A new study demonstrates that racist dog whistles work.

Maybe these liberals - white, brown, black, and magenta-polka-dotted chartreuse - are at the end of the liberal spectrum where people like having a job and seeing people around them having jobs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.