Author Topic: **** the nypd union.  (Read 8721 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
**** the nypd union.
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »
Star Member mopinko (53,570 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212392041

**** the nypd union.

we have come to a pass where it is just assumed that interested parties are going to see clear cut events in a completely different light. are going to have separate realities.
this is why we are where we are.

the talking heads assumed the union was going to scream bloody murder here.

and so they did.
and it made me sick.

if they believed in laws and rules and due process and justice, they would have made a temperate statement of support for their brother, but an acceptance that justice has been served.

i cannot imagine any universe in which a person makes a fatal error on the job, and gets to stay on the job for 5 ****ING YEARS while the process plays out.
y'all did your jobs, brothers.
you got your brother every drop of fairness, and then some.

pat yourself on the back for seeing that the system works, and accept the god damn outcome.

/rant

sdfernando (2,451 posts)

2. The only unions that the rethulicans appear to support

are the police unions....well, perhaps other 1st responder unions as well, like Fire Fighters. Other than that, in rethuglican eyes, all other unions are bad....why is that?

:whatever:

Star Member mopinko (53,570 posts)

5. the saddest thing, to me, a former union carpenter,

is that we, back in that long ago day, stood on the promise that we vouched for the skills and training of our members.
back in that day, we policed our own. maybe the guy w the flask in his lunchbox would get work, but he was the last guy at the hall to go out.
sooner or later, guys like that moved on.
not perfect, of course, and tie went to the brother.

and i cannot imagine, in a million years, a construction worker who caused an accident that cost someone's life and having my union coming out and screaming, i mean screaming, that firing that person was an injustice.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: **** the nypd union.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 06:42:49 PM »
Mopinko, the weeping neckbeard Omaha Steve Dawes would like a word with you.  That would be a hell of a conversation, so much stupid in one place.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 06:44:13 PM »
Speculating semi-wildly ... I saw that NYPD fired the officer who used a chokehold when Eric Garner resisted arrest ... did the union speak out in defense of the officer?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:40:13 PM »
Speculating semi-wildly ... I saw that NYPD fired the officer who used a chokehold when Eric Garner resisted arrest ... did the union speak out in defense of the officer?

yup
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 07:54:42 PM »
yup

DU-folk are pretty predictable. Most of the time when they start popping off hysterically like this it's something good that they hate. I don't love that Garner is dead, but once he started resisting he forced on the officer a choice between making the arrest or giving in, which would encourage others to resist. As for his supposed asthma, Garner assumed the risk of that acting up and the police officer not recognizing it in time when Garner decided to resist arrest.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 08:23:32 PM »
Mopinko, the weeping neckbeard Omaha Steve Dawes would like a word with you.  That would be a hell of a conversation, so much stupid in one place.

Next time someone robs their home, call a DUmmie.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 06:16:14 AM »
But if a teachers union protects a pedophile they will scream their silence.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."