Author Topic: Leftists have a sure-fire plan to make President Trump blow a gasket  (Read 9638 times)

Offline Delmar

Thu Aug 15, 2019, 03:42 PM
Star Member George II (41,358 posts)

Nearly 300,000 people sign petition to rename Trump Tower's street after Barack Obama

Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition to rename a one-block stretch of Fifth Avenue in New York City after former President Barack Obama. That particular block also happens to be the home of Trump Tower.

"We request the New York City Mayor and City Council do the same by renaming a block of Fifth Avenue after the former president
whose many accomplishments include: saving our nation from the Great Recession; serving two completely scandal-free terms in office; and taking out Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind September 11th, which killed over 3,000 New Yorkers," creator Elizabeth Rowin wrote.

The petition requests that all buildings between 56th and 57th Streets on Fifth Avenue change their addresses. If the campaign is successful, Trump Tower's new address would read: "725 President Barack H. Obama Avenue, New York, NY 10022."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tower-nyc-address-obama-avenue-petition-more-than-200000-signatures-rename-5th-avenue-president-barack-obama/
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212382091

Leftists want to rename the one block stretch of Fifth Avenue in front of Trump Tower President Barack H. Obama Avenue, thinking that it will annoy the president or maybe make him blow a gasket or have a stroke.

That's their great idea for delivering a mighty blow to Trump's ego--get the city government to put up some stupid honorary street signs.

Here's a better idea:  get Barry to build a building across the street from Trump Tower that's twice as tall and twice as shiny and call it Obama Tower.  That would put Trump in his place.

Too bad such an undertaking would be beyond Barry's or any of his shitgibbon supporters abilities.  For now they will have to be content with using government to carry out stupid pathetic gestures like this one.

Response to brooklynite (Reply #1)Thu Aug 15, 2019, 03:49 PM
Star Member mr_lebowski (9,486 posts)
3. It's an incredibly feel-good action that will substantially boost the mood of 300,000+ people

I call that 'change I can believe in'.

I so freaking hope this happens I can't even tell you.

Trump has to change everything Trump Tower related to say 'President BHO Avenue', are you kidding me?

That would be amazing.
The primitive thinks that hanging up a few honorary street signs along the block will change the Trump Tower business address.

The primitives were so quick to believe that Trump paid Russian hookers to pee on a bed that Barry had slept in because it's just the kind of pointless, pathetic act of resistance that they would do--this is that same kind of act.

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #3)Thu Aug 15, 2019, 03:55 PM
Star Member brooklynite (53,379 posts)
5. I prefer to live with reality

I've posted this before, but the City doesn't change single block street names, and they're not changing the entirety of Fifth Avenue. Trump Tower's address won't change even if an honorary street sign is put up on the corner.
So it's just a pointless, pathetic act then?

Response to brooklynite (Reply #5)Thu Aug 15, 2019, 04:58 PM
Star Member panader0 (18,885 posts)
12. "live with reality"----you backed Hinkenlooper.

He's an early drop out. That's reality. Bad choice.
Ooooh, sick burn.

Response to brooklynite (Reply #5)Thu Aug 15, 2019, 07:37 PM
Star Member smirkymonkey (43,517 posts)
20. If it makes Trump blow a gasket, it will be worth it to me.

Anything potentially stroke inducing is valid, no matter how ****ing stupid it is.
It wouldn't make him blow a gasket or have a stroke but it is very very stupid.  Still worth it?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Re: Leftists have a sure-fire plan to make President Trump blow a gasket
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Sooooooooo, the "Baby Trump" balloon failed to drive Trump crazy, but this would? ::)  :loser:  :mental:  :mental:  :mental:  :mental:  :mental:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 04:44:14 PM »
Star Member mr_lebowski (9,486 posts)
3. It's an incredibly feel-good action that will substantially boost the mood of 300,000+ people

And that's all it is, symbolic.  Typical leftist tripe.

Not sure of other cities, but every damn street in Chicago is named " Honorary" something street.  No one actually used those names.  It makes Joe from the 28th ward feel special since they named one block of Pulaski "Honorary Joe Grabowski Way".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:33:04 PM »
The Dumbasses are starting to sound like the end of a Pinky & The Brain episode.

DUmmy 1: "So comrade. What are we going to do tonight?"
DUmmy 2: "The same thing we do every night comrade. TRY TO MAKE TRUMP BLOW A GASKET!!!!!"
DUmmy 1: NARF!!!
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 12:06:19 AM »
No problem.  Rename the Tower "Democrat Way", triple the rate, declare bankrupt, stick NYC with the bill.  Move on.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 08:01:49 AM »
The pathetically comical foundation for silliness like this and the "Baby Trump" balloon is Progs' :mental: perception that despite their 4-year barrage of slander and vilification, Trump has a fragile ego that will crumble at the sight of some personal slight. :tongue:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »
Leftist loons claim to be capable of making the President "blow a gasket", and yet if brains were dynamite couldn't scrape up enough collectively to blow his nose...  :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 12:42:41 PM »
so is this being attempted to honor obama or as a big F.U. to President Trump?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
I think they must have a "think up stupid shit comittee" over there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 02:17:04 PM »
I think they must have a "think up stupid shit comittee" over there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

They used up the more amusing ideas during the Bush #43 presidency.  De-fund the White House, bring pots and pans to bang at the state of the union address, no more sex with anyone who voted for ChimpyMcBushHitler.

They weren't good ideas, mind you.  Just hilariously stupid.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 06:01:48 AM »
And that's all it is, symbolic.  Typical leftist tripe.

Not sure of other cities, but every damn street in Chicago is named " Honorary" something street.  No one actually used those names.  It makes Joe from the 28th ward feel special since they named one block of Pulaski "Honorary Joe Grabowski Way".

Given that Chicago has more voters than residents, it seems sensible that it has more road names than actual roads.