Author Topic: Sarah Silverman, fired for blackface, laments cancel culture has 'invaded the le  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Sarah Silverman, fired for blackface, laments cancel culture has 'invaded the left'
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/12/sarah-silverman-fired-for-blackface-laments-cancel/

Liberal comedian Sarah Silverman revealed in a new interview that she was recently fired from a movie for a resurfaced picture of her wearing blackface, and that while she “didn’t fight” the firing, she can’t help but be “terrified” by the left’s embrace of cancel culture.

Speaking Thursday on “The Bill Simmons Podcast,” Ms. Silverman said a 2007 appearance of her in blackface on Comedy Central’s “The Sarah Silverman Program” came back to haunt her on a recent movie, where she was fired the night before shooting for a role that was later given to someone who never took any chances in comedy, she said.

“They hired someone else who is wonderful but who has never stuck their neck out,” Ms. Silverman said, The Hollywood Reporter reported. “It was so disheartening. It just made me real, real sad, because I really kind of devoted my life to making it right.”

Says the one who wanted a military coup to overthrow President Donald Trump.

It is the leftists who created this cancel culture machine.

:ownit:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:52:59 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

What she apparently calls cancel culture is a monster created by the left, that she helped create. If having been bit by it - predictably - she really thought the monster she helped create evil, she would have fought rather than surrendered. Her surrender made it stronger. I think this cancel culture monster can only be killed if its lefty creators fight it, so I want lefties, lots of them, bit lots of times. Because, I think, that's what it will take for lefties to be awakened to the fact that they have created a monster that bites indiscriminately.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Didn't care for the last part of that tiger ride?  Oh, bitch, it's just beginning!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Muddling 2

While I find schadenfreud amusing to observe, I also find the desire to destroy a person's career over a decade old comment to be disturbing.  It's bullshit and really needs to stop.  I have limited sympathy for Ms Silverman given her history with this type of behavior; but the situation is ridiculous. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline SVPete

While I find schadenfreud amusing to observe, I also find the desire to destroy a person's career over a decade old comment to be disturbing.  It's bullshit and really needs to stop.  I have limited sympathy for Ms Silverman given her history with this type of behavior; but the situation is ridiculous.

In a better world, Prog Hollyweirders would have stopped this @#$% in their industry when it began, several decades ago. Because this latest paroxysm is just an extension of the decades old boycotting of actors and production people known to be conservative (but not so visible and successful as to have acquired immunity from boycott). Hollyweirders could have learned this lesson the easy way, but proudly refused. So now that the monster they birthed and nourished has started to bite them, I have zero sympathy for bitten Hollyweirders. Now it's a race between whether they will learn the hard way or be devoured by their monster.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

I agree. The left created their own Frankenstein.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Muddling 2

In a better world, Prog Hollyweirders would have stopped this @#$% in their industry when it began, several decades ago. Because this latest paroxysm is just an extension of the decades old boycotting of actors and production people known to be conservative (but not so visible and successful as to have acquired immunity from boycott). Hollyweirders could have learned this lesson the easy way, but proudly refused. So now that the monster they birthed and nourished has started to bite them, I have zero sympathy for bitten Hollyweirders. Now it's a race between whether they will learn the hard way or be devoured by their monster.

I can't disagree with a single thing you said; I still find this trend completely ridiculous. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein