Author Topic: The only thing that really bugged me about the debates last night:  (Read 814 times)

Offline CC27

Amimnoch (3,840 posts)

The only thing that really bugged me about the debates last night:

Healthcare.. healthcare.. healthcare...

Would so change my support if just one candidate would have just stepped forward and admit that it doesn’t mean a damn thing what ANY of their positions on this (or most of the few other topics covered) is, and say “give me a senate and a house that passes any legislation that improves the healthcare system and makes it affordable to all, and I’ll sign the damn thing.. no matter how it’s framed.”

What’s going to be done about Trump. Crickets.
What’s going to do to repair our image abroad. A couple of very minor mentions in passing.
What’s going to be done to repair the damage to judiciary appointments. Crickets.
What’s going to be done to repair the damage done in our agencies by Cheetolini’s cronies.. Crickets.

THAT’s what I’d so much more like to have heard.

Let’s be honest.. any f’n one of them will sign ANY legislation put on their desk that enhances healthcare that is passed by a Democratic Party congress.. Don’t doubt that Biden would sign a medicare for all.. don’t doubt that Kamala would sign an enhanced ACA.. It doesn’t f’n matter!! The Senate. The House.. They will decide what program goes forward if WE get them empowered to do so. FFS it feels so much like snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory to me going at it this way.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287222354

I am guessing your did not hear "free shit" enough times and that got you mad?

Offline SVPete

Re: The only thing that really bugged me about the debates last night:
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 08:31:45 AM »
Campaigning is about I, Me, My. Candidates have to persuade voters they are the best choice by differentiating themselves for the pack of their competitors. So they're going to push "my accomplishments" "my stances", "my policies", and "my plan". That's just reality. And among Dem candidates, "I am woman" and "I am POC" get thrown in.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:07:59 AM »
Amimnoch, your candidates should first work to explain their hypocrisy on just about every position they have.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 11:01:45 AM »
Amimnoch (3,840 posts)

...What’s going to be done to repair the damage to judiciary appointments. Crickets.
What’s going to be done to repair the damage done in our agencies by Cheetolini’s cronies.. Crickets.

This is the core of what the Dim'Rats hate about Republicans generally, and Trump in particular. For at least 90 years now the courts and the administrative agencies have been the personal private fiefdoms of the  leftists in getting what they want over the objections of the American people. The President's attacks on the Deep State are seen as personal attacks because the Deep State swamp was THEIRS. The failure of the Mueller/Deep State coup is so outragous to them for the same reason.

Whichever heads of this hydra are not destroyed by 2024 will come back with a vengeance.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 11:10:08 AM »
Would so change my support if just one candidate would have just stepped forward and admit that it doesn’t mean a damn thing what ANY of their positions on this (or most of the few other topics covered) is, and say “give me a senate and a house that passes any legislation that improves the healthcare system and makes it affordable to all, and I’ll sign the damn thing.. no matter how it’s framed.”

Is that an admission that OhBummerCare failed to "improve the healthcare system and make it affordable to all". It would be admitting the grossly obvious, but DU-grade Progs are usually ideologically-disabled from admitting what contradicts their ideology.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.