Author Topic: Dumpmonkiez want to talk important issues  (Read 1233 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Dumpmonkiez want to talk important issues
« on: July 19, 2019, 06:15:30 PM »
Goodheart (1,315 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212295834

When we take over all three branches can we please go metric?
I mean, really.

Vacationed in Canada this past month and there are SO many things they laugh at us about.

We could all learn french too...

:popcorn:

Star Member icymist (14,095 posts)

9. I think we should. It would give the Trumpers something else to do besides hatting others.

Just imagine the fun they could have trying to figure out conversions with temperature, gasoline efficiency, and, most of all, the length of a football field or NASCAR track!

Hatting?   :???:

Tommy_Carcetti (36,597 posts)

17. Not going to happen anytime soon. Sorry.

To much inertia and logistics involved. We are pretty much set in our ways and we aren’t going to be changing for anyone.

Besides, while certain parts of the metric system make a lot of sense, other parts don’t.

For example, temperature. I was in Europe recently and trying to figure the difference between 15 and 20 degrees was surprisingly challenging.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Dumpmonkiez want to talk important issues
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:40:05 PM »
It took me all of 2 seconds to calculate that my home is about 17 KM from my office. For quick estimates not requiring precision, a quart is a little less than a liter, an inch is a little more than 25 cm, a KM is a little more than .6 of a mile, etc.. But DU-folk never miss a chance to denigratingly under-estimate the intelligence and knowledge of normal Americans.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »
While they're at it they should create a new revolutionary calendar.  11/4/2008, when Barry was elected, could mark the starting point of the new calendar year numbering system.  The months could be named after famous democrats.

Then they could have a reign of terror and arrest and execute those not loyal to the revolution.

All remnants of the old republic would have to be swept away.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:47:48 PM »
Goodheart (1,315 posts)

When we take over all three branches can we please go metric?
I mean, really.

Vacationed in Canada this past month and there are SO many things they laugh at us about.

Like that time back in '69 when we landed on the moon?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 10:55:34 PM »
While they're at it they should create a new revolutionary calendar.  11/4/2008, when Barry was elected, could mark the starting point of the new calendar year numbering system.  The months could be named after famous democrats.

Then they could have a reign of terror and arrest and execute those not loyal to the revolution.

All remnants of the old republic would have to be swept away.

So this year would be 10 AB (After Barrack)?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 11:58:14 PM »
>Goodheart (1,315 posts)

When we take over all three branches can we please go metric? I mean, really.

No.  If you are too retarded to convert mils to mm's please reeducate...moron.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 04:47:02 AM »
There are 2 kinds of nations in the world:

Those who use the metric system

And those who have been to the moon.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
There are 2 kinds of nations in the world:

Those who use the metric system

And those who have been to the moon.

And we probably would've gotten there sooner if we'd used the metric system.

(But I'd still rather live here than Canada.)

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 10:54:02 AM »
If somebody can explain to me why I should use a system based on Napoleon's miscalculation of the size of the planet, rather than standard useful measures then I'll listen. I was taught entirely in the metric system at school, but use real measures exclusively - they just make more sense for normal work.