Author Topic: Jake Tapper: Democrats have become "frustrated" with the Squad  (Read 2148 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
CNN’s Jake Tapper said he spoke to several Dems in the House under condition of anonymity and they admit that Trump “won this one” and that they are sick of the Squad causing party turmoil, threatening Israel, and threatening to unseat Democrats.

From Jake Tapper’s twitter:

1/ House Democrats appeared unified in their votes this week but I’ve spent the day talking to a bunch of them and many are extremely frustrated. All agree POTUS’s tweets needed to be condemned; they spoke under condition of anonymity so they could be candid. (Thread)

2/ “The president won this one,” said House Dem 1 of the Trump v Squad (AOC, Tlaib, Omar & Pressley) showdown. “What the president has done is politically brilliant. Pelosi was trying to marginalize these folks and the president has now identified the entire party with them.”

3/ Another issue: what are Dems focused on? Is it what will help the class of 2018 (largely more moderate than the Squad) get reelected? Dem Rep 2: “The president’s words and actions speak for themselves. We need to focus on the issues that got them here: jobs, health care…”

4/ “…instead of the issues the president brings up deliberately. Anything that takes away from bread and butter issues is playing into his hands.”

5/ Other House Democrats are conflicted about having to defend the Squad given things they’ve said and done. House Dems cited: talk of supporting challengers to incumbent Dems in primaries, AOC’s use of the term “concentration camps,” anti-Semitic comments by Tlaib & Omar.

6/ This perceived selective outrage rankled some Dems. “Everybody was completely outraged by what the president said,” said House Dem 3, “and everybody thought it was appropriate to criticize him…

7/ “…but this was the *first* time the House has taken action to criticize him in any way, We couldn’t even bring ourselves to have a resolution exclusively condemning anti-Semitism uttered by one of those members” — Omar — “but we leapt to their defense here.”

8/ A few House Dems noted that Omar and Tlaib just introduced a resolution affirming the right of Americans to boycott, perceived as an expression of support for the anti-Israel BDS (boycott, divest, and sanction) movement that most House Dems oppose.

9/ “So we’ll hear a tirade of attacks on Israel from the same group,” said House Dem 3. “Hopefully they won’t be anti Semitic.” House Dem 4 also brought up that bill coming “from someone with a history of anti-Semitism” — Omar — “So yeah it’s challenging.”

10/ House Dem 4 recalls that “less than 2 weeks ago when members of our caucus were trying to support funds for children at the border,” the Squad was arguing that “we’re pro-putting kids in cages, we’re against human rights. So there’s frustration.”

11/ Others noted that this week the House Democratic Caucus stood by a group that is not perceived as standing by them. “I can’t tell you the number of Members who are angry and annoyed about them criticizing us,” said House Dem 3.

12/ AOC, in particular “gives her chief of staff license to get candidates to run against her colleagues and to go after them on social media. It makes people’s skin crawl,” said House Dem 3. House Dem 4 summed it up: “We were there for them; they should stop attacking us.”

----------

I see Tapper told the truth for once. Let's see if the primitives pick up on this.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Jake Tapper: Democrats have become "frustrated" with the Squad
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:16:14 AM »
Well, Dems, maybe if you stop covering for them and protecting them, they'll go away.  Let the investigation into AOC's campaign finance irregularities happen, let the investigation into Omar's naturalization, marriage and divorce, perjury, taxes, etc, happen.

If you throw them under the bus, it goes a long way to showing you're for the rule of law.

But they won't do that, becuz brown women or something...

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 08:18:53 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212288761

The DUmp response?  :lalala:
watoos (6,849 posts)

1. **** Tapper

The squad is representing its base.

I heard the opposite of what Tapper is saying, I heard that the constituents are behind the squad.

melman (4,611 posts)

8. The president won this one?

And he's politically brilliant?

**** that. And **** Jake Tapper.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:21:44 AM by FiddyBeowulf »
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 08:27:32 AM »

Yes, the constituents are behind the Squad.  That's why they have a -13 approval index... in their own districts

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 09:04:07 AM »

Thanks! I looked over there and didn't see this thread. Their responses are predictable. I look forward to them ripping each other to pieces.

Offline aetherbane

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
I prefer the term "Shrew Crew" to squad.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 01:34:53 PM »
Ignoring reality they don't want to hear or be heard sets up DU-folk for major shocks down the road. DU-folk do it to themselves and have many times. Reality doesn't have to conform to DU's Toe-the-Party-Line TOS.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 01:42:49 PM »
Even leaving aside my own conservative feelings, I'm really not surprised that the other Dems would feel that way, it seems genuine.
I can indeed see them being embarrassed of some of the things those four harpies have said, and not want them to be associated with teh Democrat party.
Also, AOC in particular has always demonstrated real arrogance as well as contempt towards the more seasoned Dem politicians like Pelosi, so it doesn't surprise me that she would seek to raise up candidates as radical as she is to try and unseat some of them.

I prefer the term "Shrew Crew" to squad.
LOL, yes!
Perfect term for them!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 02:12:16 PM »
I think Gang of Four is closer to what they hope to be.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 02:34:48 PM »
The modern-day liberal ideology of the Dem party created and nurtured these un-American harpies. That it's coming back to bite them seems only right.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 02:46:06 PM »
They are going full speed ahead down a dead end street. :-) :-)

And when they lose the next election they will find some new excuses or some one to blame why they lost. :mental: :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 07:03:49 PM »
A reminder to Dems.
:ownit:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 08:08:59 AM »
They are going full speed ahead down a dead end street. :-) :-)

And when they lose the next election they will find some new excuses or some one to blame why they lost. :mental: :thatsright: :loser:
They usually blame it on voter suppression or some dude named Gerry Mander.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »

So they hope to be former members of the House of Representatives?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 11:38:34 AM »
So they hope to be former members of the House of Representatives?

That's what I hope they'll soon be. They hope to be tyrants wreaking their will on the citizens of the US, just like Madame Mao's Gang of Four.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »

I think the 3 stooges and dopey is more like it!! :-) :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!