Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi Emerges as Unexpected Villain At Netroots Nation  (Read 840 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin
Nancy Pelosi Emerges As Unexpected Villain At Netroots Nation
PHILADELPHIA ― The chatter at Netroots Nation, a progressive gathering that attracts thousands of people each year, was expected to be on the rising influence of the left on the 2020 presidential election. But frustration with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, once considered an avatar of San Francisco liberalism, has emerged as a constant theme ― centered on her recent criticism of progressive members of her caucus.

“She doesn’t act this way when Blue Dogs say stupid shit about other Democrats and about the party and constantly criticize the party,” said Markos Moulitsas, the founder of the popular liberal blog Daily Kos, referring to a group of conservative House Democrats. “For some reason, she’s singling out these four for a special brand of conflict. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Progressive discontent toward the California Democrat has been simmering for months, with the feeling that the speaker has been putting the interests of the more conservative members of the caucus over the priorities of the left. She has pushed off pursuing impeachment of President Donald Trump and been slow to embrace ideas like the Green New Deal and “Medicare for All.”

But it burst into the open when Pelosi gave an interview to The New York Times, dismissing the power of four of the biggest progressive stars in the House: Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.) and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.).

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-pelosi-netroots_n_5d29ee90e4b0bd7d1e1d0aba

Here come the purists again. You guys look so great without a nose.

betsuni
10. "I came to Congress fighting with the old establishment, but within months I came to realize that
Pelosi can work for us even as she works to protect moderates. I learned quickly that I could not fall on every sword." Former Rep. Donna Edwards. A person with sense.

Justice Democrat types alway, always, assign bad intentions and Trojan horse Republican status to Democrats: Pelosi, Obama, Clinton, Biden, etc.

betsuni
13. I just saw the funniest thing.
A long post about how dare the corporate-stooges-for-the-mega-rich-large-donation-sellout CBC members whose campaign contributions from small donors is only 1% criticize the pure Justice Democrats who don't take any PAC money or large donations.

Someone pointed out that the Justice Democrats is a PAC.

Star Member JI7
14. Justice Democrats types mostly prefer republicans in office. they make their money off selling their
shit to angry liberals.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212275025
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

Re: Nancy Pelosi Emerges as Unexpected Villain At Netroots Nation
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 09:51:05 AM »
 :rotf: Why do I suspect searching DU's dung ... errrrrr ... archives would find a good number of posts - maybe even threads - that are slobbery in praise of Netroots Nation? :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
The dems just need to keep "progressing" further left till they have progressed themselves out of existence. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :-) :-) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They just keep telling them selves there is no idea to stupid, repulsive or rediculous to run on :thatsright: :mental: :mental: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 01:26:37 PM »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du