Author Topic: This is my first post on this forum. Cyrano  (Read 1384 times)

Offline CC27

This is my first post on this forum. Cyrano
« on: July 23, 2019, 08:02:39 AM »
Cyrano (11,482 posts)

This is my first post on this forum

I'm still undecided as to a candidate. I like, in order, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, and Biden.

But here's one thing I'm certain of. Pete Buttigieg can't win.

As intelligent, charismatic and qualified as he is, there are still too many people in America who won't vote for a gay man.

Go ahead and beat me up on this thread. But it won't change what I consider to be a reality.

I believe race, gender and age don't matter that much anymore.

But whatever people tell pollsters, or say out loud, or tell themselves, there is still a tremendous gay bias in America.

As I said, this is my first time on this thread. This issue may have been debated a thousand times here. I don't know.

But I do know that the number one priority of America is to rid ourselves of the orange disease.

And I fear that too many Dems and Independents would sit out voting for a gay man. Which means I don't have much confidence in the intelligence of American voters. Even Democrats.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287209038

Better watch it Cyrano.

Offline SVPete

Re: This is my first post on this forum. Cyrano
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:14:21 AM »
As intelligent, charismatic and qualified as he is, there are still too many people in America who won't vote for a gay man.

Qualified? As a mayor medium-sized city he's a failed F-up.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 08:18:11 AM »
Cyrano (11,482 posts)

This is my first post on this forum

I'm still undecided as to a candidate. I like, in order, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, and Biden.

But here's one thing I'm certain of. Pete Buttigieg can't win.

Of the 4 to choose from Pete is the best least worst choice but that is not saying much.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 09:16:07 AM »
Of the 4 to choose from Pete is the best least worst choice but that is not saying much.

TBH, I'm not sure any of the Dem candidates would be better than awful. All seem to have serious vulnerabilities, and most have a name-recognition problem. Biden has name recognition, but he's got decades of flip-flopping and gaffe-generating baggage. All seem caught up in the current Free-Shit Auction, trying to see who can offer the most while pandering to the special interests. I do not think that is playing well with normal people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »
TBH, I'm not sure any of the Dem candidates would be better than awful. All seem to have serious vulnerabilities, and most have a name-recognition problem. Biden has name recognition, but he's got decades of flip-flopping and gaffe-generating baggage. All seem caught up in the current Free-Shit Auction, trying to see who can offer the most while pandering to the special interests. I do not think that is playing well with normal people.
One benefit of Biden running...dems are now starting to trash the Obama administration and hang everything bad about it around Biden's neck.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 10:06:42 AM »
'Let Pete do for you what he's done for all those gay dudes' asses.'  What a fantastic campaign idea!

They all look pretty awful, with the front-runners among the very worst.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 11:44:49 AM »
One benefit of Biden running...dems are now starting to trash the Obama administration and hang everything bad about it around Biden's neck.

:popcorn: That should bring on an interesting dilemma for DU-folk. :popcorn: How many will trash in 2019 and 2020 what they defended in 2009-2016? :popcorn: And how who will get purged as a consequence of that forum war? :popcorn: