Author Topic: Police: Man dies after attacking immigration prison  (Read 1983 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Police: Man dies after attacking immigration prison
« on: July 13, 2019, 06:21:42 PM »
Star Member applegrove (87,996 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212274190

ByTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/police-kill-man-allegedly-attacking-immigration-prison-64316401

"SNIP......

A man armed with a rifle threw incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early Saturday morning, then was found dead after four police officers arrived and opened fire, authorities said.

The Tacoma Police Department said the officers responded at about 4 a.m. to the privately run Tacoma Northwest Detention Center, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security detention facility that holds migrants pending deportation proceedings. The detention center has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.

......SNIP"

Star Member Aristus (46,772 posts)

1. Any word yet as to his motive?

To free the detainees, or to kill them?

Oh, to be sure... he was aright wing nutjob trying to kill detainees...  :thatsright:

Star Member applegrove (87,996 posts)

2. I think since he threw devices at the actual prisons he was attacking detainees.

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:    :stoner: :stoner: :stoner:   :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Police: Man dies after attacking immigration prison
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 06:25:19 PM »
tulipsandroses (669 posts)

2. Watch this get spun into Violent Extreme Lefties attack Ice Agents

This is about to get ugly. Brace yourselves.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142341017

from the other thread about it...

Star Member winstars (3,376 posts)

8. I doubt he was there trying to free the people inside with a rile and bombs!!!!!!!

Igel (28,620 posts)

9. Too early to tell.

"I'll create and explosion as a distraction. If the building's on fire, they'll have to evacuate it. I have a rifle, I can shoot the guards when they come running out and have the element of surprise. I'm a good enough shot to only kill the guards and not hurt any innocents."

Or ...

"I'll set the building on fire and explode the propane tank to make sure the building's on fire. Then, as the immigrants come running out, I'l shoot them, too, and spare the guards--because I know the guards won't bother to shoot at me, if they're armed."

I find the former more likely, mostly because if you want to find immigrants you don't need to go to an ICE detention facility and because it's so like the story line on what, at least a few thousand movies? But if you want to liberate the undocumented, then you have to go precisely to a detention facility.

:whatever:

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:04:18 PM »
DUpipo really think this deceased character was trying to kill the detained illegals? :stoner:  :stoner:  :stoner:  :stoner:  :stoner:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 08:47:46 PM »
Dollars to donuts the Darwin Award nominee is a liberal.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:39:18 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »
The freak leftist is an antifa goon.  I'm glad he was killed and hope he suffered before he expired.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 09:54:26 PM »
Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)Sat Jul 13, 2019, 04:25 PM
tulipsandroses (675 posts)
2. Watch this get spun into Violent Extreme Lefties attack Ice Agents

This is about to get ugly. Brace yourselves.

Since that is almost certainly precisely what happened, it won't take too much spinning.

At least something good might come from the man making the ultimate sacrifice--he died helping to ensure a Trump landslide in 2020.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »
The freak leftist is an antifa goon.  I'm glad he was killed and hope he suffered before he expired.

This antifa goon could actually turn out to be a primitive--he's 69 years old.

Man Who Attacked Tacoma ICE Detention Center Was Anarchist/Antifa ICE Protester, Who Previously Attacked Police At Same Place
https://www.weaselzippers.us
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 06:42:38 AM »
The deceased is a member of the John Brown Gun Club
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 08:31:52 AM »
The deceased is a member of the John Brown Gun Club

And like the club's namesake soon will be a-mouldering in the grave.

Yesterday I asked, unseriously, whether any DU members were unaccounted for. Last night I recalled that "Shockey80" lives in the Puget Sound area. Also, I think S80 is 60-something. Has "Shockey80" posted on DU since yesterday AM? S80 is lunatic, but I hope he didn't go out this way.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 08:50:34 AM »
This antifa goon could actually turn out to be a primitive--he's 69 years old.
https://www.weaselzippers.us

He actually got off his radical ass and did something IRL. So No not a DUchebag.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 09:01:58 AM »
Armed man attacking Tacoma’s ICE detention center killed in officer-involved shooting

A protest outside the federal immigration detention center in Tacoma last year drew headlines when a 68-year-old man wrapped his arms around a police officer’s throat and shoulders in an apparent attempt to free another protester.

When police got the man into handcuffs, they found a collapsible baton and knife in his pocket, leading to criminal charges.

Early Saturday morning, that man, Willem Van Spronsen of Vashon Island, returned to the Northwest Detention Center, the holding facility for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, this time armed with a rifle and incendiary devices, according to Tacoma police.

Police said Van Spronsen tossed lit objects at vehicles and buildings, causing one car fire, and unsuccessfully tried to ignite a propane tank.

Officers were called by an ICE employee who saw the rifle. Soon after they arrived, officers reported “shots fired,” said Tacoma police spokeswoman Loretta Cool, although it is unclear who fired first or if Van Spronsen fired at all. The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office classified his death as a homicide.
Deb Bartley, a friend of Van Spronsen’s for about 20 years, described him as an anarchist and anti-fascist, and she believes his attack on the detention center was intended to provoke a fatal conflict.

“He was ready to end it,” Bartley said. “I think this was a suicide. But then he was able to kind of do it in a way that spoke to his political beliefs … I know he went down there knowing he was going to die.”

She and other friends of Van Spronsen got letters in the mail “just saying goodbye.” He also wrote what she referred to as a manifesto, which she declined to discuss in detail but predicted would be taken by authorities.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 11:47:56 AM »
Star Member 11cents (1,663 posts)

5. Don't assume the motive will fit neatly into an ideological template

I grew up in Tacoma, and back in the day Vashon Island, where the attacker lived, was a haven for semi-off-the-grid eccentrics. The fact that it's only reachable by ferry may have kept it from gentrifying too much.

Star Member applegrove (88,023 posts)

This message was self-deleted by its author
This message was self-deleted by its author (applegrove) on Sun Jul 14, 2019, 12:12 AM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

oh well...

Down the rabbit hole it goes. Can't have a post about leftists commiting crimes...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
oh well...

Down the rabbit hole it goes. Can't have a post about leftists commiting crimes...

Yep, memory-hole the stupidity and shut down the thread.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »
So, that's one less antifa ass hole we have to worry about. :loser: :loser: :loser:

Maybe more of them should go on the attack to police and commit suicide by cop. :naughty: :naughty:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 02:50:46 PM »
So, that's one less antifa ass hole we have to worry about. :loser: :loser: :loser:

Maybe more of them should go on the attack to police and commit suicide by cop. :naughty: :naughty:
Yep.
The less of those vermin to commit crimes, start fights and riots against people who disagree with him, contribute to the income of drug dealers, and do other crap like that, the better.
Though, I hope the cop who sent him to Hell in a clear case of self- defense doesn't get punished too severely.