Author Topic: ... and kentuck is back to this again...  (Read 859 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
... and kentuck is back to this again...
« on: July 09, 2019, 08:29:26 AM »
kentuck (92,048 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212258934

Would impeachment of Trump be a positive or negative for Republicans?
Would Republicans rush to the polls to defend Donald Trump from the "evil" Democrats?

Would Democrats be making a major blunder if they impeached Donald Trump?

Those are a couple of concerns that we hear every day.

In my opinion, the opposite is true in both instances. Republicans will not rush to the polls to defend Donald Trump and it could be a major blunder if Democrats do not impeach Trump.

Instead, I think many Republicans would be punished by their voters if they voted to not impeach. I refuse to believe that the entire Republican Party supports the politics and the divisive language of Donald Trump. In my opinion, many would show their disgust at the polls if their Party defended Trump.

If impeachment does happen, I believe Democrats will enlarge their majority in the House and will take back the US Senate by a healthy margin.

If impeachment does not happen, both the House and Senate will be up for grabs, as well as the Presidency.

Although this has been discussed many times here, it is important that we continue to look at it from a new perspective. Facts change and circumstances change.

:mental:

beachbum bob (10,265 posts)

1. the question is how many democratic voters will say its a waste of time to vote?

When we elect people too afraid to do their job? I could care less on the impact on trump supporters. ITS OUR VOTERS that will make us pay in Nov 2020 with continued inaction. Zero reason why an impeachment inquiry not underway against Barr...and others right now

:whatever:

Star Member Recursion (53,329 posts)

4. An acquittal of Trump would be a HUGE boost for Republicans next year

Huge. Possibly unbeatably huge.

:yawn:

world wide wally (15,867 posts)

6. I couldn't agree more.

Not impeaching will be taken as a sign of acquiescence and weakness and give Trump room to lie about his record (as if he needs room to lie more).

Lie about what, exactly? The economy? jobs? unemployment?

:-)

Star Member boston bean (32,337 posts)

7. Impeachment without conviction is a losing strategy for democrats.

Way more on the line. If we give fodder to republicans and rally republicans politically against a political spectacle we lose our chance to save ourselves.

Winning the election is of utmost importance.

You have to be living in alternate universe to think it impeachment without conviction helps us in any way.

Keep eyes on the ball. Remove the ****er. We must do that. Impeachment does not remove him.

kentuck (92,048 posts)

10. We cannot make decisions out of fear or intimidation:???:

Impeachment has never removed an American president, so it's not about having the votes to remove. It's about having the votes to hold him accountable.

To not impeach is a bigger gamble that he will serve a second term. Democrats will not be inspired.

hold him accountable for what?

Star Member watoos (6,596 posts)

12. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks

Speaker Pelosi is opposed to impeachment.

There are other benefits to holding an impeachment inquiry, Dems would certainly have a case to get the grand jury information where all of the juicy testimony is.

Holding an impeachment hearing would keep the narrative where Democrats want it to be. One thing that Trump is good at is controlling the narrative, he would not be able to do that during an impeachment hearing, short of a war with Iran.

It has always been an easy choice for me. Are their grounds for impeachment? If there are then it is the duty of Congress to impeach. As Republican turned Independent Justin Amash said, the danger isn't that we use impeachment too often, the danger is that we don't use it enough which will encourage presidents to abuse their power.

:stoner:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: ... and kentuck is back to this again...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 08:39:21 AM »
From what :stoner:-created alternate universe is kt pulling this?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 10:35:01 AM »
From what :stoner:-created alternate universe is kt pulling this?

Right here! :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »
I think many Republicans would be punished by their voters if they voted to not impeach.

You discredited yourself when you said the words "I think"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 12:07:05 PM »
Right here! :-)

KT USES that in his :stoner: ?! :o Gives a whole new meaning to the old hippie saying, "good shit"!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.