Author Topic: Gay leftist journalist speculates on what a Booty Judge presidency would be like  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Delmar

A gay leftist journalist speculates on what a Booty Judge presidency would be like and the primitives come unglued. 

The gist of the article is that the Booty Judge might seem like a very restrained straight acting gay man now, but if he gets elected he will start acting all flamboyant and fruity once he gets into office because he was in the closet during his youth.

Rip Taylor might be funny, but nobody wants him for president.

Fri Jul 12, 2019, 07:19 PM
Star Member dsc (47,624 posts)

What the ever loving f***? (Homophobic New Republic Article)

The New Republic literally ran a story that contained this along with other paragraphs.

https://newrepublic.com/article/154457/mayor-pete-problem?fbclid=IwAR3eYBQ_iSWAwdG1554SbfwZ5Wm0ZsphtBhXJCFOaDH7RD3D6Vz8b0aSZs8

All this makes Mary Pete different from every other left-leaning neoliberal in exactly zero ways. Because let’s face it. The only thing that distinguishes the mayor of South Bend from all those other well-educated reasonably intelligent white dudes who wanna be president is what he does with his dick (and possibly his ass, although I get a definite top-by-default vibe from him, which is to say that I bet he thinks about getting ****ed but he’s too uptight to do it). So let’s dish the dish, homos. You know and I know that Mary Pete is a gay teenager. He’s a fifteen-year-old boy in a Chicago bus station wondering if it’s a good idea to go home with a fifty-year-old man so that he’ll finally understand what he is. He’s been out for, what, all of four years, and if I understand the narrative, he married the first guy he dated. And we all know what happens when gay people don’t get a real adolescence because they spent theirs in the closet: they go through it after they come out. And because they’re adults with their own incomes and no parents to rein them in they do it on steroids (often literally). If Shortest Way Home (I mean really, can you think of a more treacly title?) makes one thing clear, Mary Pete was never a teenager. But you can’t run away from that forever. Either it comes out or it eats you up inside. It can be fun, it can be messy, it can be tragic, it can be progenitive, transformative, ecstatic, or banal, but the last thing I want in the White House is a gay man staring down 40 who suddenly realizes he didn’t get to have all the fun his straight peers did when they were teenagers. I’m not saying I don’t want him to shave his chest or do Molly or try being the lucky Pierre (the timing’s trickier than it looks, but it can be fun when you work it out). These are rites of passage for a lot of gay men, and it fuels many aspects of gay culture. But like I said, I don’t want it in the White House. I want a man whose mind is on his job, not what could have been—or what he thinks he can still get away with.

end of quote

I am simply amazed they thought this was OK. Just imagine for a second them doing this to any other minority candidate.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287199675

Keep in mind that it was a gay leftist writer from The New Republic that wrote this piece.

Mary Pete instead of Mayor Pete.

What are doing the Molly or the Lucky Pierre?  I don't think I want to know.

Response to dsc (Original post)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 07:31 PM
Star Member brush (23,554 posts)
6. This kind of stuff is infuriating and thankfully has been mostly off limits in our party.

In a general election it won't be though. The repugs will get dirty.
The republicans aren't going to have to get dirty, the democrats are doing a good job of that all on their own.

Response to brush (Reply #6)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 07:34 PM
Star Member DemocratSinceBirth (92,875 posts)
9. The New Republic is a "liberal" magazine.
Response to DemocratSinceBirth (Reply #9)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 08:02 PM
Star Member brush (23,554 posts)
20. I know. I did say "mostly" off limits.
LOL. 

Response to dsc (Original post)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 07:33 PM
Star Member greatauntoftriplets (167,796 posts)
8. That's plain vile.

What's wrong with the writer?
Response to greatauntoftriplets (Reply #8)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 09:27 PM
Star Member Glorfindel (6,594 posts)
30. I have met several embittered old "queens" like that writer

They loathe themselves and everyone else. This writer is seething and churning with jealousy of Mr. Buttigieg's youth and talent, both of which are blindingly evident, and his achievements, which the writer sorely lacks.
The writer is an embittered old queen and the Booty Judge is young, talented, and FABULOUS.

Response to dsc (Original post)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 07:59 PM
Star Member madaboutharry (30,355 posts)
17. It is horrible, but one thing we should all know is this:

Pete Buttigieg knows who he is and doesn't give a shit what some jerk writes about him. We can all follow Mayor Pete's lead on this because no doubt he will shrug it off.
Mary Pete will flick it off his shoulder just like Obama.

Response to dsc (Original post)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 08:00 PM
Star Member MineralMan (122,768 posts)
18. Way, way over the top.

Email going out to the publisher.
Professional writer Rock Head will straighten them out, pronto.

Response to dsc (Original post)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 08:10 PM
Indygram (1,867 posts)
21. It's ugly and disgusting and sadly, this kind of despicable and vile hatred

would motivate even more right wing religious whack jobs to vote for Trump. While good, decent, normal Americans may be ready for a gay president and would support and vote for Buttigieg...if he is the nominee it will also cause usually dormant hate mongers that don't vote to rise up in support of Trump.
All the right wingers who would have supported the Booty Judge are going to jump ship and vote to reelect President Trump because of this article.

Response to dsc (Original post)Fri Jul 12, 2019, 08:17 PM
jberryhill (56,890 posts)
22. More about the author...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Peck

Dale Peck (born 1967) is an American novelist, critic, and columnist. His 2009 novel, Sprout, won the Lambda Literary Award for LGBT Children's/Young Adult literature, and was a finalist for the Stonewall Book Award in the Children's and Young Adult Literature category.
A highly respected author of Children's literature--in some circles.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

My impression is the article is basically a :catfight:, gay style. It's Blue-on-Blue, :popcorn:.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
My impression is the article is basically a :catfight:, gay style. It's Blue-on-Blue, :popcorn:.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
NewRepublic removed the article. Too late. There's already a few dozen blogs who copied the whole article and have it up on their websites.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

The guy's 51 or 52. That is not old.

Indygram (1,867 posts)
21. It's ugly and disgusting and sadly, this kind of despicable and vile hatred

would motivate even more right wing religious whack jobs to vote for Trump.

I seriously doubt "right wing religious whack jobs" pay much attention to New Republic. And if they are of any variety of "right wing", there's plenty about "Mayor Pete" they would oppose that is unrelated to his choice of bed partners.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

He would be kid we send to fetch us drinks my circles.  When I think "Old Queen" I think Ian McKellon, Patrick Steward or Richard Chamberlain.  And in his day, Robert Preston.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

He would be kid we send to fetch us drinks my circles.  When I think "Old Queen" I think Ian McKellon, Patrick Steward or Richard Chamberlain.  And in his day, Robert Preston.

Tab Hunter, Raymond Burr, Paul Lynde, Liberace are a few others.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender