Author Topic: Kamala Harris proposes $100B in homeownership assistance  (Read 2385 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Kamala Harris proposes $100B in homeownership assistance
« on: July 07, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »
Oh wait she didn't put that it was only for Black renters in the title, silly girl must have slipped her mind.  :-)

Link

Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (34,144 posts)

Kamala Harris proposes $100B in homeownership assistance
NEW ORLEANS — Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris is proposing $100 billion in federal grants to pay for down payment and closing costs to help close what she says is a racial wealth gap and address historical discrimination in homeownership against black families.

Harris announced her plan Saturday at the Essence Festival in New Orleans, where the California senator was among several of the 2020 White House candidates attending the largest annual gathering of black women in the country.

"By taking these challenges on, we can close that gap," Harris said. "That not only lifts up black America, that lifts up all of America."

Harris said the plan would help at least 4 million families living in areas that were redlined, a segregation-era practice that limited black borrowers' ability to buy homes and set boundaries on where they can live, affecting the wealth of those families for generations.

A few saying bad idea for the time being and some loving the idea, and then the DUmpmonkee with the degrees in underwater basketweaving and Victorian lesbian dance pipes up.

Indygram (1,790 posts)

9. So much for that poll boost

This will leave a mark.

Newsflash...lack of homeownership isn't a race issue. I have two college degrees, valedictorian, am white, over 50 and I don't own a home either. I've been homeless more than once too. I'm all for boosting people up but not at the expense of others.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Kamala Harris proposes $100B in homeownership assistance
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 06:58:13 PM »
 :racist: :racista: :waisis:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 07:25:44 PM »
I think they all secretly want Trump to be re-elected because it's easier to gripe about them than to govern. Also the perpetual outrage is great for fundraising.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:26:38 PM »
>Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (34,144 posts) Kamala Harris proposes $100B in homeownership assistance (for Blacks) ...

Bring you uncopulated retard.  Make it even easier than your circle jerk has done so far.  Please.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 08:31:32 PM »
Internal polls for the black vote must look horid.  WHy else reparations and Kamalatoe "Heels Up" Harris going with even more reparations.

Willy Brown's whore is going to have Trump destroy her.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
Yes. Giving people money for down payments and closing costs that they could not afford in order to buy a house. I do not see how this could possibly fail.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »
Oh Boy!
Kameltoe is going to pay off my mortgage!!!!!

She got my vote!!
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 05:29:23 PM »
Always remember: She doesn't have to do it to get their votes for forever. She only has to CLAIM that she'll do it.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 12:20:31 AM »
Indygram (1,790 posts)

This will leave a mark.

Newsflash...lack of homeownership isn't a race issue. I have two college degrees, valedictorian, am white, over 50 and I don't own a home either. I've been homeless more than once too. I'm all for boosting people up but not at the expense of others.

So you are an educated idiot.

Gotit.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 08:35:55 AM »
Always remember: She doesn't have to do it to get their votes for forever. She only has to CLAIM that she'll do it.

The way the current President keeps promises it's almost hard to remember how a real politician behaves. Thanks for the reminder.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 08:44:37 AM »
So does shawn king get a benefit from this? I might have to identify as black and buy up the neighborhood
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »
Oh Boy!
Kameltoe is going to pay off my mortgage!!!!!

She got my vote!!

same shit, different (half) black candidate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 03:45:34 PM »
Yes. Giving people money for down payments and closing costs that they could not afford in order to buy a house. I do not see how this could possibly fail.

Actually it works out quite well, till it comes time to pay the mortgage. :lmao: :lmao:

But old camel toe doesn't care, it sounds good to the brain dead voters she is pandering to.

Just promise them the sun , moon and stars and after you are elected pass out the shit sandwiches on stale bread. :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 09:08:52 PM »
Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)
Sat Jul 6, 2019, 03:00 PM
matt819 (7,571 posts)
3. What about people who don't want to own?

You do know there are people who don’t want to buy a home and want to rent, right? So even more classes of people. Do renters get any assistance?

WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEE??????????

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 06:53:45 AM »
WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEE??????????

Prog-World is a zero-sum game. They're losers because of some one else's gain.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »

It's a two step plan.

1) Pretend you're doing something to help them in order to buy votes.

2) Then accuse the ebil whitey bankers of racism when they foreclose when the mortgages don't get paid.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 07:28:36 AM »
It's a two step plan.

1) Pretend you're doing something to help them in order to buy votes.

2) Then accuse the ebil whitey bankers of racism when they foreclose when the mortgages don't get paid.

Worked for OhBummer!, so maybe go back to that well again.

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »
Indygram (1,790 posts)

This will leave a mark.

You DUmmy have found a perfect home, the DUmp. 

A place of lunacy and stupidity where really smart, overachieving people are homeless and rely on the government welfare to survive... minimally.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.