Author Topic: AOC lied about touring the detention facility  (Read 1445 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
AOC lied about touring the detention facility
« on: July 01, 2019, 05:44:33 PM »
Star Member obamanut2012 (16,007 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212234141

AOC lied about touring the detention facility
She showed up just to be on cameras, verbally attacked the CBP, then left and lied about what she saw on her "tour," which was all a lie, because it didn't happen. No one is being told to drink from toilets or being crammed into cages. She, and the others with her are liars, and should be forced to apologize to the CBP.

No lie, this is what not only the Alt-Right, but mainstream conservative media are claiming, with no proof.

Part of it is no footage of her tour. Of course, all electronics and cameras are taken, like in any prison or courtroom.

There is literally proof she did this, but they just say it isn't true. It is insane. They are all insane.

:thatsright:

Star Member malaise (191,701 posts)

1. Source or delete n/t

here ya go

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aoc-screamed-at-border-patrol-agents-in-threatening-manner-during-tour-witnesses

A group of 14 House Democrats, including Ocasio-Cortez, and their aides kicked off their visit to the region at about 11 a.m. MST Monday at the El Paso Station on Hondo Pass Drive.

The group was standing inside the station near an area where migrants are held when Ocasio-Cortez left them to sit inside a nearby holding area with a family as the other lawmakers and aides were briefed on station operations.

She comes out screaming at our agents, right at the beginning [of the tour] … Crying and screaming and yelling,” said one witness who said he was stunned by the outburst in front of approximately 40 people.

“The agents, they wanted to respond, but they held back because she’s a congressional delegate. But when you have someone yelling at you in a threatening manner … ” the same person said. “They were like, ‘Hey, you need to kinda step back.’”

A second official said she went in and out of the cell during the group’s briefing nearby and returned to the group several times to share information she had learned from detainees, including that one person had drunk from a toilet.

The congresswoman told the group she would not go with the 13 other House Democrats on the tour of the facility and stayed with the family.

A second official said that while she was around agents, Ocasio-Cortez commented at another point about an unofficial Border Patrol Facebook page that was exposed earlier Monday for offensive content about those in custody and lawmakers, including the congresswoman.

“Something under her breath, ‘Oh, all these guys in here are gonna f--k me.’ The agents are standing there behind the computers. One of the agents laughed at something he was saying to another agent, and she got irate and flipped out,” the second Border Patrol official said. “Now they’re under investigation for it. She took it as they were laughing at her and screams at them and says, ‘What’s so funny?’”

CBP did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the internal affairs matter. The Border Patrol official said managers were in the process of taking statements from agents.

The Washington Examiner submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to CBP for video of the events.

The congresswoman, who led a charge in 2018 to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement, recounted the scene differently in a social media post afterward and did not mention yelling at agents.

“After I forced myself into a cell w/ women&began speaking to them, one of them described their treatment at the hands of officers as “psychological warfare” - waking them at odd hours for no reason, calling them wh*res, etc. Tell me what about that is due to a 'lack of funding?'” she wrote on Twitter.

“Now I’ve seen the inside of these facilities. It’s not just the kids. It’s everyone. People drinking out of toilets, officers laughing in front of members Congress. I brought it up to their superiors. They said 'officers are under stress & act out sometimes.' No accountability,” she tweeted. “Just left the 1st CBP facility. I see why CBP officers were being so physically &sexually threatening towards me. Officers were keeping women in cells w/ no water & had told them to drink out of the toilets. This was them on their GOOD behavior in front of members of Congress.”

The agent on scene said the congresswoman misrepresented why a person in custody had drunk from a toilet.

“So this is what happened with the migrant and drinking water from toilet: she wanted water, didn’t know how to use the faucet in the cell, and drank from the toilet. She never told AOC that we made her drink from the toilet. AOC, of course, changed it … This was when she [the migrant] was apprehended and brought into the facility,” according to the agent.

A Border Patrol official familiar with the sector’s media and congressional visits said the city’s congresswoman, Veronica Escobar, has been through stations “15 times” but did not respond in the same way as her colleague on Monday. Later in the visit, the first official said Escobar "yelled" at El Paso Chief Patrol Agent Aaron Hull about its care of detainees.

“We’ve never hidden anything from her,” the official said.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline zeitgeist

Re: AOC lied about touring the detention facility
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »
Two quick points:

1.   What do they have for toilets in Gutamala? 

2.   Cells sometimes have these :

3.  Um, who knows what they have at the detention facility. (How well does AOC speak Spanish and what version or dialect of it? )

Ok, three quick points. :rofl:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 06:49:45 PM »
Thread locked.  Must not allow criticism of the holy AoC.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 07:07:11 PM »
Star Member malaise (191,701 posts)

1. Source or delete n/t

Thread locked.  Must not allow criticism of the holy AoC.

Looks like a bunch of somebodies on DU want to prevent the truth of what happened being posted on DU.

:ohmy:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline beefeater

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »
Once again, she's a liar. It comes as naturally to her as breathing and asking for money.

I very much doubt that an illegal immigrant detainee would even know what the term "Psychological warfare" means, let alone use it in an unscripted conversation.

"Something under her breath, ‘Oh, all these guys in here are gonna f--k me.’"
Yeah, that sounds like something I could picture her saying.

"officers laughing in front of members Congress."
So, now AOC believes the sight of officers laughing in the presence of a member of Congress is some kind of human rights violation?
For all we know, he could have been laughing about something he saw on an episode of 'The Simpsons' the night before.

I'm guessing that AOC's most recent bribes from MS- 13 and the Mexican drug cartels must have been particularly juicy for her to spew all that garbage.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 11:08:44 AM »

"officers laughing in front of members Congress."
So, now AOC believes the sight of officers laughing in the presence of a member of Congress is some kind of human rights violation?
For all we know, he could have been laughing about something he saw on an episode of 'The Simpsons' the night before.
Oh, the horror! Members of congress having to witness officers laughing. That must surely be some sort of violation to an obscure federal regulation regarding laughter while on duty. :sarcasm:
This too shall pass.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »
The whole thing is just a hot mess over there, and she self-deleted.  Rush talked about this today.  Everyone's laughing on social media.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 11:12:28 PM »
Oh my, the Occasional CU^Hortex fibbed as usual.  Lock the thread stat!  I blame lack of Quaalude for the uprising of the retards.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 07:54:15 AM »
AOC and the truth have a very casual on-and-off, mostly off, relationship.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 12:47:37 PM »
Star Member obamanut2012 (16,030 posts)

This message was self-deleted by its author
This message was self-deleted by its author (obamanut2012) on Mon Jul 1, 2019, 06:48 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!