Author Topic: Texas Border Control Facilities With Kids Turning Away Diapers, Toy Donations  (Read 643 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212217402

Ok, here is a perfect example of DUmmies lying by omission. 

babylonsister (161,062 posts)

Texas Border Control Facilities With Kids Turning Away Diapers, Toy Donations

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-border-control-facilities-with-kids-turning-away-donations-of-toys-and-diapers?ref=home

Texas Border Control Facilities With Kids Turning Away Diapers, Toy Donations
Barbie Latza Nadeau
Correspondent-At-Large
Updated 06.25.19 7:07AM ET / Published 06.25.19 5:16AM ET

A group of Texans trying to donate $340 worth of diapers, toys, and hygienic supplies for children being held at a Border Patrol facility in Texas, were told the center doesn’t take donations. A report by the Texas Tribune tells the story of a group of friends who were struck by news reports of the substandard, filthy conditions children are forced to live under in many Border Patrol facilities. But when the group tried to help by taking fresh supplies of toothbrushes, toys, and diapers, they were rejected. Last week, Democratic State Rep. Terry Canales tweeted about how he wrote to Border Patrol to find out how his constituents could help those in need in the centers, but was told that Border Control does not accept donations. “The whole situation is disgusting, but I’m always hopeful that the better part of us as human beings will shine through,” Canales said. “Those children feel like the world has given up on them, and we have to fight for them.”

Looks horrible!  Except, as I figured, there's a back story the DUmmy doesn't want to tell.  Mainly because DUmmies love them some government regulation and constantly brag about how it's the liberals that keep us all safe with all their regulations.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/24/texas-border-facility-donations-turned-away/

From that article, that I had to search for;

An official with Border Patrol did not respond to a request for comment, but Theresa Brown, a former policy advisor for U.S. Customs and Border Protections, said there’s a legal reason why Border Patrol and other government agencies aren’t accepting donations from do-gooders.

Under the Antideficiency Act, the government can’t spend any money or accept any donations other than what Congress has allocated to it. The theory behind not accepting donations, Brown said, is so that the government isn’t beholden to private-sector entities for what should be appropriated government actions.

“It’s partially a constitutional thing about Congress controlling the purse and only being able to spend money that Congress gives, but it’s also about ethics,” she said, “Without a change in law, DHS, CPB and Border Patrol cannot accept those private donations.”

I haven't found the vote on it from when it was changed in 1982, but I know the D's held the house and the R's held the senate. 

riversedge (50,049 posts)

2. But Trumps DHS is begging for money for these facilites!!

Bayard (4,623 posts)

3. Okay....

This made my blood pressure go up about 10 notches.

This means that tRump is truly only intent on torturing these kids. Since he's declared war on refugees, wouldn't the Geneva Convention apply?

And THIS DUmmy claims to be an attorney here in my great state!

Gothmog (69,305 posts)

6. these idiots are assholes who do not care about these children

Sure hope someone goes over there and points out WHY these people aren't accepting these donations.   :-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Bayard (4,623 posts)

3. Okay....

This made my blood pressure go up about 10 notches.

This means that tRump is truly only intent on torturing these kids. Since he's declared war on refugees, wouldn't the Geneva Convention apply?

Good.  Keep your outrage flowing.  One less DUmmy around is good with me.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender