Author Topic: In the checkout line at Walmart  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
In the checkout line at Walmart
« on: June 23, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=12212937

spinbaby
In the checkout line at Walmart [View all]
I try not to shop at Walmart too much, but it’s only a mile from my house, so last night I ran over to grab a couple of things I forgot on my regular grocery trip. I got in a checkout line behind two youngish Latino men, who were buying a week’s groceries. It was a big order of the sort of things single working men are likely to buy. We chitchatted a bit, they put the divider on the belt when there was room for my small order, and then the cashier handed them their receipt and very nicely told them THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO KEEP THEIR RECEIPT OUT TO TO BE CHECKED AT THE DOOR.

After they walked away, I asked the cashier if this was some kind of a new policy—I don’t go there too often, so it could have been. She shrugged and muttered something about a policy of checking some people. She looked embarrassed. She didn’t tell me to keep my receipt out. I’m a white grandmother type—apparently not “some people.”

I'm not a frequent Walmart shopper either, but I've had to show my receipt every time I recall going.  And I'm just a normally nattily clad white guy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: In the checkout line at Walmart
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 08:11:59 PM »
I’ve had to show mine at multiple stores. I’m just a white guy.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
It's been Walmart policy for some time...

If you have a large purchase or unbagged items (I don't bag my milk or 2L sodas), they will check...

Must be my white privilege...😂😂😂😂
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 08:28:11 PM »
I don't recall ever having that done.
 Now I feel cheated and discriminated against.  :bawl:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 08:57:48 PM »
Try Sam's club sometime. They should use lubes and a rubber glove.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »
> It was a big order of the sort of things single working men are likely to buy.

I'll first suggest you learn statistics, especially regarding to crime.

Next, I'll say buying whisky, women, work boots and all the vice one needs is not a crime.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 12:20:25 AM »
In Ft Worth Costco, it was always a quick, cursory check. Mostly white and Latino, some black, but in general, most people here are straight arrow, law-abiding folks, with no reason to steal. There've been more issues with accidentally getting the wrong bag, common when they first came out with the idiotic carousal bag dispensers that mixed customers' items on occasion, than with catching shoplifters.

On the other hand, at the Costco in Long Beach (Signal Hill), the (usually black) receipt checker went through black people's bags with a lot more scrutiny. My bag, not so much. I think she was being realistic with her time and risk assessment, to be honest, but had she been white, it probably wouldn't have gone over so well.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 07:52:41 AM »
After they walked away, I asked the cashier if this was some kind of a new policy—I don’t go there too often, so it could have been. She shrugged and muttered something about a policy of checking some people. She looked embarrassed. She didn’t tell me to keep my receipt out. I’m a white grandmother type—apparently not “some people.”

My experience prosecuting misdemeanor court back in the day was that old people (Including vets and grannies) are every bit as likely to steal as anyone else, a lot of them have a sense of entitlement about their age and in some cases a certain indifference to consequences if they're fully retired and don't have day jobs.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 08:23:50 AM »
I've been in my work uniform (511 pants, badge shirt and duty gear) and have been asked to show a receipt.  I just smile and politely comply.  Rules are rules and all that. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 08:31:11 AM »
Costco has done this for decades, with every purchaser, checking every item on the receipt, at the exit. I haven't seen this at Walmart, but I haven't been in one in 2019, and don't know if I was in a Walmart in 2018, either. I don't avoid Walmart. Target and Kohls are much closer to me, Costco is closer, and access/egress to the nearest Walmart is awful.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 07:53:04 PM »
BULLSHIT story.

Why would anyone go to Walmart to get a few forgotten items.  Take one step in Walmart and you are in there for an hour and a half.

The quality of bullshit bouncys is in the dumpster.  It is clear to me that the posting DUmbass is even more stupid that the average posting DUmmy 15 years ago.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 08:56:29 PM »
BULLSHIT story.

Why would anyone go to Walmart to get a few forgotten items.  Take one step in Walmart and you are in there for an hour and a half.

The quality of bullshit bouncys is in the dumpster.  It is clear to me that the posting DUmbass is even more stupid that the average posting DUmmy 15 years ago.

And they're completely lazy.  Not just in life, but their creative writing skills are sorely lacking.  Perhaps that is something President Trump has not made better, the quality of bouncy stories at the DUmp.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 10:06:16 AM »
I actually went to a Walmart yesterday, and they did have a person checking bags and receipts. I asked Mrs. SVPete, and she said that Walmart had been doing that for at least a year or two. So DU-member spinbaby is either a shit-stirring deceiver or ignorant of Walmart. Or both.

ETA: I see a good number of respondents pointed out that checking bags is common practice at Walmart, so the shit-stirring got flushed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:08:43 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
It's a regular store policy. I've had it done to me loads of times.

Gotta love how the DUmmy makes a point of saying "I try not to shop at Walmart too much, but it’s only a mile from my house, so last night I ran over to grab a couple of things I forgot on my regular grocery trip."
Phrasing it that way builds up her DU- street- cred, as Leftists hate Wal- Mart.