Author Topic: Knitters against Trump!!! (Seriously, he's toast now)  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Knitters against Trump!!! (Seriously, he's toast now)
« on: June 23, 2019, 06:29:39 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212213904

New Policy: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration
Sunday, June 23rd 2019

We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry.

This includes support in the form of forum posts, projects, patterns, profiles, and all other content. Note that your project data will never be deleted. We will never delete your Ravelry project data for any reason and if a project needs to be removed from the site, we will make sure that you have access to your data. If you are permanently banned from Ravelry, you will still be able to access any patterns that you purchased. Also, we will make sure that you receive a copy of your data.

We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.

:panic:  :panic: :ohnoes:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Knitters against Trump!!! (Seriously, he's toast now)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 06:42:07 PM »
This is the knitted cap that triggered them.

https://d.pr/free/i/DiCbho

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:28:30 PM »
****ing snowflakes. Lord have mercy what a bunch of pussies.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »
>We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry.

Fine.  I am converting my pink knitted "hat" to a collector of spit that you can use for thou leavened bread.
Now spit!

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 12:22:39 AM »
Time to sick the kittens on them to repatriate their balls of yarn...
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 08:18:25 AM »
Unbelievable! I am an avid knitter and use Ravelry to find patterns and projects. How can Ravelry consider itself inclusive when it is excluding expressions of support for the current president and assuming that support is based only on white supremacy??? Especially when the first announcement under the announcement of the new policy is something talking about the necessity of celebrating "pride."

They should either ban anything that could be considered controversial, or allow it all.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 08:24:34 AM »
Unbelievable! I am an avid knitter and use Ravelry to find patterns and projects. How can Ravelry consider itself inclusive when it is excluding expressions of support for the current president and assuming that support is based only on white supremacy??? Especially when the first announcement under the announcement of the new policy is something talking about the necessity of celebrating "pride."

They should either ban anything that could be considered controversial, or allow it all.

Yup, inclusivity that excludes in the name of inclusivity. The Tolerance Game of a couple of decades ago was just a phony: Everything was to be tolerated except what Liberal deemed intolerable (= people they disagreed with). I even got this one Tolerance Gamer to admit what their "tolerance" really was, not that it fazed her gaming.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:52 PM »
Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.

The Left/Progs keep screaming about this like harpies, yet.......????
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

They have no problem hosting a pattern for P@#$%-Hats, so they're just partisans pretending to act on principle.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
This is the knitted cap that triggered them.

https://d.pr/free/i/DiCbho

Talk about triggered! Someone has some major issues. :mental: :panic: :ohnoes:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »
It's easy for me to say this, since I do not knit or crochet, but Ravelry's decent members - Trump voters as those tired of the politicization/polarization of ordinary life stuff - need to barrage Ravelry with Trump support and free speech designs, to force on Ravelry's moderators a choice between gutting their membership or backing down.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 07:46:44 AM »
It's easy for me to say this, since I do not knit or crochet, but Ravelry's decent members - Trump voters as those tired of the politicization/polarization of ordinary life stuff - need to barrage Ravelry with Trump support and free speech designs, to force on Ravelry's moderators a choice between gutting their membership or backing down.
I've checked out the Ravelry posts discussing this, and my conclusion is that if there are a lot of Trump supporters there they are keeping their heads down and choosing not to comment. That's how I feel. I am there to find patterns and not to get involved in controversial discussions. But I suspect that "white supremacist knitters"="deplorables." Remember what happened to the candidate who chose to refer to her opponent's supporters in that way?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 08:00:45 AM »
I've checked out the Ravelry posts discussing this, and my conclusion is that if there are a lot of Trump supporters there they are keeping their heads down and choosing not to comment. That's how I feel. I am there to find patterns and not to get involved in controversial discussions. But I suspect that "white supremacist knitters"="deplorables." Remember what happened to the candidate who chose to refer to her opponent's supporters in that way?

My "hobby" is doing trail runs (I walk) - at this point mainly 10K distance, though I hope to work back up to half marathon as well as hillier courses. I don't go there for political anything, nor do I talk politics. Events people have done, their experiences, their lives are far more interesting.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »

This is exactly why no poll can tell you where Trump is in the standings.  The left has become so rabid that probably 50% of those who support, and intend to vote for Trump, won't say anything.  They'll just quietly walk into the voting booth, make their choice, and leave. 

Voila, 'stolen election.'

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »

This is exactly why no poll can tell you where Trump is in the standings.  The left has become so rabid that probably 50% of those who support, and intend to vote for Trump, won't say anything.  They'll just quietly walk into the voting booth, make their choice, and leave. 

KC
Yup. Any pollster calling our house gets "click" as a response.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 09:25:03 AM »

KC

That, plus people who intentionally lie to F-up the polls and pollsters fudging the sample model (e.g. over-sampling Dems). We don't pick up unknown numbers, and if a pollster got in because we were expect a call from a doctor or other unfamiliar number, the pollster would hear "Click!" as our only response.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 09:30:31 AM »

KC

I was reading something to that effect yesterday.  I'd have to look for it, but a survey of voters after 2016 election found that 27% of Hillary voters didn't express support for her, but 54% of Trump voters did.  Most stated the reason is that the left has politicized everything to the extent that people would rather lie about that than be harrassed.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 09:58:25 AM »
I was reading something to that effect yesterday.  I'd have to look for it, but a survey of voters after 2016 election found that 27% of Hillary voters didn't express support for her, but 54% of Trump voters did.  Most stated the reason is that the left has politicized everything to the extent that people would rather lie about that than be harrassed.

IIRC, this is similar to the "Wilder Effect".  African American who ran for governor in Virginia I think.  Polls had him overwhelmingly winning yet he lost.  Afterward, it was discovered that a lot of people who were polled were afraid to tell the pollsters that they weren't voting for the black guy.

Some of my facts may be wrong, that is just from memory.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »
IIRC, this is similar to the "Wilder Effect".  African American who ran for governor in Virginia I think.  Polls had him overwhelmingly winning yet he lost.  Afterward, it was discovered that a lot of people who were polled were afraid to tell the pollsters that they weren't voting for the black guy.

Some of my facts may be wrong, that is just from memory.
The "Wilder Effect" or "Bradley Effect" is just a nicer way for the press to say "guilty, white democrats did not for the black guy like they said they would".
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 07:39:36 PM »
Yup. Any pollster calling our house gets "click" as a response.
No no no! Tell them you plan on voting for the Democrat! Click doesn't help the cause.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 03:24:38 PM »
The whole Ravelry thing has caused a huge rift in the knitting world!! This affects me personally! Designers are being pressured to take a stand, you are either with Ravelry, or you support white supremacy.

Well, I ordered a $70 knitting kit on May 1 from a Canadian designer/dyer, and was told I would get it in 4 or 5 weeks. (The yarn is hand spun and dyed, and that takes some time.) I haven't gotten it yet, and today I checked the site, and she is supporting Ravelry. Had a lengthy post about white supremacy, hate speech, "grab 'em by the--," cozying up to "other" despots, kids in cages, etc. (But apparently had no problem with Bill Clinton and Monica, the 2014 photo of kids in Obama-cages, or Obama bowing to the Saudi king.)

I think boycotts are dumb, whether it's our side boycotting Target, or the libs boycotting CFA; but what is even dumber is taking an offensive political stance against half of your customers. Why would anyone do that??

I am tempted to cancel the order.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »
Hobby and politics never should be mixed.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
Hobby and politics never should be mixed.
Wise words. :-(

Offline jukin

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 07:26:25 PM »
progressivism = totalitarianism

It. Is. That. Simple and. True.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.