Author Topic: WHAT TRUMP IS DOING AT THE BORDER  (Read 1292 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
WHAT TRUMP IS DOING AT THE BORDER
« on: June 13, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
Star Member Stonepounder (3,697 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212185930

WHAT TRUMP IS DOING AT THE BORDER
IF YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT TRUMP IS DOING AT THE BORDER, you need to read and share this thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1139192167501484033.html?utm_source=ext

I have just gotten off the phone with a friend who is a legal volunteer in Border Patrol facilities.

Don't look away.

1/
My friend has done two tours now volunteering as a legal advocate inside CBP facilities.

She passed along information about what is happening there that indicates that the Trump Administration is violating every basic human right, and is moving toward military "solutions."

2/
So that folks understand the process: CBP has outposts on the border. Refugees seeking asylum travel hundreds of miles on foot, including with infants and small children, and turn themselves in at these outposts *on foot.*

Here's what happens next. Don't look away.

3/
CBP then transfers these human beings to a facility called "the Dog Pound." (Here, my friend started crying.)

The "Dog Pound" is comprised of cages, outside and on dirt, with no protection from the elements.

Don't look away.

4/
There are dozens of teen moms there.

There is no baby food.

While there, my friend saw a CBP agent take a baby from her teenage mother, strip the baby of its clothes, hand the baby back to the mother, and send them outside to the "Dog Pound" to sleep in the dirt.

5/
The "Dog Pound" has no running water, no covers, no tarp, no care, no safety from the elements. It is freezing at night, and deathly hot during the day.

Everyone is sick. My friend said she saw a baby on this trip that was so sick "I thought it would be dead by morning."

6/
Toddlers in the "Dog Pound" who had been eating solid food are given only infant formula. Moms are trying to start breast feeding again so their children don't starve.

These moms are dehydrated, sick, & have walked miles through desert with no water. CBP gives them nothing.

7/
It gets worse. Don't look away.

From the "Dog Pound," these human beings are moved to an area called "The Freezer."

The Freezer is kept at 55 degrees.

Some of the refugees who are moved there are still wet from their journey, and are put in The Freezer wet.

8/
CBP is keeping human beings in "The Freezer" for weeks at a time. WEEKS.

Including critically ill people, disabled people, sick children, teenage mothers with babies.

The floor of The Freezer is made of dirt or very rough concrete. There are no beds.

Keep reading.

9/
From "The Freezer," refugees are supposed to be moved to ICE facilities that are designed for residential care. They have beds, food, bathrooms.

However, (keep reading) THOSE FACILITIES ARE EMPTY.

ICE IS SHUTTING THEM DOWN.

Don't look away.

10/
What our government is doing instead is moving refugees to MILITARY INSTALLATIONS.

The announcement about Fort Sill, which was used as a Japanese internment camp, is only the start.

So why would our government be doing this?

11/
Here's why

These concentration camps (let's call them what they are) will be under the control of the Department of Homeland Security, but within the Department of Defense.

12/.
Unlike ICE facilities, which allow site inspectors inside, there will be no inspection of military-run camps.

The military will be able to deny access to anyone it chooses. No media. No oversight.

13/
Lawyers will not be allowed in. Human rights monitors will not be allowed in.

The camps will also be protected airspace, meaning that no drones can fly over them to take pictures of what's going on inside.

14/
The Trump administration will be able to conduct itself in whatever way it wants to without anyone knowing what's going on inside.

Think about what that means. Think about why they would want that.

This is happening RIGHT NOW.

15/
ICE facilities with beds and food are EMPTY, because the Trump administration is moving refugees into military-run concentration camps where they can do ANYTHING THEY CHOOSE without oversight, media scrutiny or advocate access.

16/
This administration is already committing atrocities at CBP facilities.

Border Patrol agents at the facility where my friend was working refer to these human beings as "bodies." Not people. "Bodies."

They are denying medicine, toilets, beds, food, shelter and clothes.

17/
My friend said that "Flores is on very tenuous ground."

We're days away from being met with "we're not going to let you in, no matter what."

18/
What is coming is crimes against humanity.

America is already perpetrating mass human rights violations, and this administration is setting it up so they can do far worse, in secret, under military supervision.

19/
Military forces are already been shifted to CBP. My friend saw *coast guard agents* (read that again) working for CBP at this facility.

If we do nothing, there will be blood on our hands.

20/
If Pelosi does nothing, there will be blood on her hands and the hands of every Democrat who refuses to act to end this administration's reign.

Fascism is here.

21/
If this enrages you, devastates you, frightens you, share this thread.

Then call your member of Congress and read it to them.

Then call @SpeakerPelosi and ask her why she sits silently by as our government does this.

22/
We're on a fast train to hell.

There's only one way to stop it.

Trump must be removed from power immediately, by any legal means, using every weapon in our arsenal.

and that's where I stopped reading. Two tours... WTF does that even mean in this context? Was she there two days? Two Hours? what? the rest is just bullshit.

Star Member SHRED (26,915 posts)

2. Looks like he'll get away with it

2020 will be rigged.

Then what Nancy?

Star Member MineralMan (121,628 posts)

3. That person should be documenting all of this in photos.

I hope that's possible.

Yeah... I doubt that.

Star Member bdamomma (51,051 posts)

5. We need someone/anyone

to come out and whistle blow on this whole inhuman situation.

They are committing atrocities (we know that) probably drugging them up too. They took a page from the Holocaust.

those who are committing these unspeakable acts should be in the "dog pound" tRump and Stephen Miller should be considered.

:whatever:

Star Member BigmanPigman (27,123 posts)

17. Just saw this posted from June 11th...

"@NealSoftPower
stumbled across a “human dog pound” near an El Paso international bridge, CBP acknowledged it has been detaining migrants outdoors for extended periods as temperatures hit 100. My story for Texas Monthly."

"In El Paso, Border Patrol Is Detaining Migrants in ‘a Human Dog Pound’,
Immigration officials have resumed the much-criticized practice of keeping people outdoors for weeks to relieve dangerous overcrowding."

I got it when I checked out Jacob Soboroff's twitter. He is the MSNBC reporter mentioned in the original OP and he had this info already. I wonder why he hasn't reported on it. I have seen him go to immigrant shelter for over a year.

Mr.Bill (6,447 posts)

11. It's not a matter of if, but when

we will find mass graves.

We should be studying in detail what Germany did after WWII to reform their nation and hold those responsible accountable because that's the exact position we will be in if we ever rid ourselves of this disgrace.

Lonestarblue (984 posts)

12. Does the UN have a right to send inspectors?

These actions are clearly a violation of the human rights of asylum seekers. The US is a signatory to the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child, which of course means nothing to this administration, which thinks nothing of breaking federal law much less a mere declaration. Why does NBC/CBS/ABC cover Trump’s every illiterate, inane remark but neglect to cover something as atrocious as this?

Star Member gtar100 (4,002 posts)

18. With the military going along with it, they are just as culpable

as is every ****ing republican who uses the word "illegals" to describe people. **** them all. May the wheel keep turning.

Star Member dhill926 (8,337 posts)

19. any way of getting this to national news organizations...

and yes, need photos and video...this government is now full on fascist...

oh, yesssss.... waiting for 'proof' any time now... like in 24 business hours...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: WHAT TRUMP IS DOING AT THE BORDER
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:28:10 PM »
Star Member BigmanPigman (27,123 posts)

17. Just saw this posted from June 11th...

"@NealSoftPower
stumbled across a “human dog pound” near an El Paso international bridge, CBP acknowledged it has been detaining migrants outdoors for extended periods as temperatures hit 100. My story for Texas Monthly."

"In El Paso, Border Patrol Is Detaining Migrants in ‘a Human Dog Pound’,
Immigration officials have resumed the much-criticized practice of keeping people outdoors for weeks to relieve dangerous overcrowding."

I got it when I checked out Jacob Soboroff's twitter. He is the MSNBC reporter mentioned in the original OP and he had this info already. I wonder why he hasn't reported on it. I have seen him go to immigrant shelter for over a year.

Three guesses on why it was not reported by MessNBC DUmbass.   :thatsright::thatsright:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:09:18 PM »
 :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 07:25:13 AM »
 :rotf:

They always fall for the dumbest stuff. They want to believe so badly that they’ll believe anything that supports their narrative.

But this leaves me with a question for the DUmmies;  IF this was true that they’re being ‘housed’ outdoors for weeks, what would that matter?  Aren’t these people walking for weeks, coming from regions south where it’s hotter than Texas?  Are they staying in Hilton Hotels along the way and walking down paths lined with Port A Cool fans?

The smartest people in the Internet have no ability to reason.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:32:14 AM »
His/Her friends is a border version of an ambulance chaser.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 05:23:21 AM »
What a crock.
I'm surprised the DUmmy didn't also say, "Then the mean old ICE officers took crying babies from their mothers' arms and used them as targets for knife- throwing practice while laughing like Dr. Evil!"

Aren’t these people walking for weeks, coming from regions south where it’s hotter than Texas?  Are they staying in Hilton Hotels along the way and walking down paths lined with Port A Cool fans?

If it were up to the DUmmies, they would be.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 10:34:02 AM »
What a crock.
I'm surprised the DUmmy didn't also say, "Then the mean old ICE officers took crying babies from their mothers' arms and used them as targets for knife- throwing practice while laughing like Dr. Evil!"
If it were up to the DUmmies, they would be.

Well if the rumors floating around down here are to be believed, I hear tell the Border Patrol is no longer buying paper full body silhouette targets for practice.  ::)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 10:21:24 AM »
Aren’t these people walking for weeks, coming from regions south where it’s hotter than Texas?  Are they staying in Hilton Hotels along the way and walking down paths lined with Port A Cool fans?

Last I heard, they were riding the Soros' chartered buses with enough A/C to cause tidal waves in Tahiti.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:37 AM »
Mr.Bill (6,447 posts)

11. It's not a matter of if, but when

we will find mass graves.

We should be studying in detail what Germany did after WWII to reform their nation and hold those responsible accountable because that's the exact position we will be in if we ever rid ourselves of this disgrace.

From 2015.  Do the math, DUmmy!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.