Author Topic: So Kellyanne Conway has been found guilty of violating the Hatch Act  (Read 540 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member malaise (190,949 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212186142

So Kellyanne Conway has been found guilty of violating the Hatch Act
http://fortune.com/2019/06/13/kellyanne-conway-hatch-act/

A Federal Agency Just Recommended Kellyanne Conway Be Fired.
A federal watchdog agency recommended Thursday that President Donald Trump fire one of his most ardent defenders, counselor Kellyanne Conway, for repeatedly violating a law that limits political activity by government workers.

The U.S. Office of Special Counsel, which is unrelated to special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, said in a letter to Trump that Conway has been a “repeat offender” of the Hatch Act by disparaging Democratic presidential candidates while speaking in her official capacity during television interviews and on social media.

Trump and Vice President Mike Pence are exempt from the Hatch Act, but there are no exceptions for White House employees.

Really? Found Guilty you say? Where and when was the trial?

Gothmog (68,946 posts)

1. Lock her up

again, when was the trial?

Star Member Takket (8,753 posts)

3. Forgive my dumb question...

Isn’t the traditional action, when police/courts believe someone is a criminal, to obtain a warrant and arrest that person, rather than sending a LETTER to their employer kindly asking for the person to be fired?

:whatever:

Star Member marybourg (6,762 posts)

5. There's no court or police involved, nor any finding of guilt. An administrative agency charged wth enforcing the Hatch Act has made a charge against her .Anything more is media click bait and pot stirring. That's not to say that the charge is untrue, of course.

:yawn:

Star Member rownesheck (625 posts)

4. I hate Kellyanne Conway but how does the hatch act make sense? You can't disparage political opponents while working in your job? Well, wouldn't trump be in violation of that, along with Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and any senator running for president, etc.? What am I not understanding? Asking for real cuz i am truly ignorant to the law even after reading it.

:popcorn:

Star Member RainCaster (2,802 posts)

14. So the OSC sends a memo to DFT who doesn't care...

and this same skulldugery keeps going on...

When will we jail the swamp?

O-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: So Kellyanne Conway has been found guilty of violating the Hatch Act
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »
Star Member rownesheck (625 posts)

4. I hate Kellyanne Conway

Which political party hates powerful women?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Re: So Kellyanne Conway has been found guilty of violating the Hatch Act
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:27:28 PM »
> federal watchdog agency recommended ...

Hey, you ignorant retard, you and your "federal watchdog agency" can #SiO2 until you become glass.
Your only excuse for your ignorance is because you are plain stupid.  Too stupid to breathe yet you do.
Seek suicidal help before you hurt someone.