Author Topic: I hope that Pelosi has a security detail around the clock  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212172102

question everything (35,249 posts)

I hope that Pelosi has a security detail around the clock

There is no way to know how some feeble minded followers will take his words at face value
Um . . . Do you mean like James Hodgkinson took the Dems' words at face value?

2. Thanks. One can never tell about the crazies in our midst
*cough*JamesHodgkinson*cough*

Irishxs (432 posts)

6. I think she gets security because she's in the

line of succession for presidency. It’s a good thing. There’s a lot of wackos out there.
Yes, there are a lot of wackos out there. And most of them post at DU.

Offline SVPete

Re: I hope that Pelosi has a security detail around the clock
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:51:52 AM »
I'm sure Miss Nancy has plenty of armed security around her. But she should fear the Antifoid Progs rather than chimeric Right-Wing thugs.

Miss Nancy is on a 16 month tight-rope walk between election disaster and POing the Dems' Crazy Wing. Speaking without scarcasm, I do not think she can sustain that balance that long. I don't know whether she'll lose control and the crazies stage their electoral disaster impeachment vote or whether the Prog Crazies will lash out at her dithering, but I don't think she can steer twixt Scylla and Charybdis.

Have I sliced, diced, and frappeed enough metaphors? :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 09:53:03 AM »
I'm sure Miss Nancy has plenty of armed security around her. But she should fear the Antifoid Progs rather than chimeric Right-Wing thugs.

Miss Nancy is on a 16 month tight-rope walk between election disaster and POing the Dems' Crazy Wing. Speaking without scarcasm, I do not think she can sustain that balance that long. I don't know whether she'll lose control and the crazies stage their electoral disaster impeachment vote or whether the Prog Crazies will lash out at her dithering, but I don't think she can steer twixt Scylla and Charybdis.

I bet she really hates her job these days.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »

Agree. She did the "I want to see him in jail" schtick to try and pacify the loony base. She's a loon herself, but she knows there's nothing there to impeach and it's only going to hurt the 2020 candidates. Better to have the issue than actually do anything, keep them loons frothing at the mouth so to speak. Of course, the loony base don't want words, they want blood. Her "jail" comment didn't redirect the kooks, so we'll see how much longer she can control the situation on her side. I'm guessing not too much longer, too, SVPete.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »
Like the title of the song says, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeOddejiGw .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 01:54:22 PM »
Like the title of the song says, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeOddejiGw .

Buk Owens would've made a good Roman.

“Auribus teneo lupum, nam neque quomodo a me amittam invenio neque uti retineam scio.”
— Terentius, Phormio 506
i.e. ”I've got a wolf by the ears; for I neither know how to get rid of her, nor yet how to keep her.” (transl. Riley, 1887)

And, if you’ve ever found yourself holding on to a wolf’s ears you know that you have two options: keeping your hold of the ears or letting them go. You also know that both could very well end in disaster, so you are a in a bit of a tight spot
https://www.latinitium.com/blog/auribus-teneo-lupum
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:54 AM »

No.  Needs more cowbell.  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 10:46:55 PM »
My sock puppet, AOC (aka BantheGOP version 2.0), is gonna take over Nancy's gavel if the Republicans get enough votes harvested stolen away again. After all, she runs the Democrat Party.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 07:26:24 AM »

I hope that Pelosi has a security detail around the clock
Why? Does she have dirt on Hillary?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke