Author Topic: I don't see the downside of Impeachment  (Read 987 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I don't see the downside of Impeachment
« on: June 02, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »
extvbroadcaster (205 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212145472

I don't see the downside of Impeachment

If the Democrats don't begin impeachment proceedings, they will forever have to live with the fact that the President was unfit for office and they did nothing. As the story goes, the house will impeach, the senate will not convict, and Trump will rise stronger and more powerful. I don't see that. If Trump is a spectacle on TV, with his crimes laid out over and over, the tide may turn. Even the most dim Trump voter will have to have doubts or conclude it is all a plot against their dear leader. But I don't see but a small minority not having some doubts when impeachment dominates the news. Make the GOP go on record that they are supporting the corrupt Trump. Make them vote and stand by it. When the election comes, perhaps most voters will be simply sick and tired of Trump and the endless crimes and investigations. They might vote for whoever runs against him, and since Hillary is out of the picture what can they find so bad that Trump is better? I refuse to believe that given a choice Americans will vote for a crook. They got conned once, but twice?

:whatever:

Star Member InAbLuEsTaTe (18,412 posts)

1. I see only upside... the downside is if the House DOESN'T impeach the bastard!!

Bernie & Elizabeth 2020!!!
Welcome to the revolution!!!

sugarmommom (2 posts)

3. Pelosi noted, only about 15% of House Democrats are "outspoken on impeachment" at this time.

"Washington (CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler resisted pressure from the left to open an impeachment inquiry on Wednesday, following special counsel Robert Mueller's announcement he's closing his office and would not provide information beyond his already public report in any appearance before Congress.

...Pelosi noted, only about 15% of House Democrats are "outspoken on impeachment" at this time..." (5/30/2019)

Star Member PufPuf23 (6,320 posts)

15. That means that 85% of House Democrats are not educating themselves nor listening to the rank and file of their constituents, they are only listening to the Chamber of Commerce Democrats and not the majority of the party. Some of these folks live in a bubble and do not recognize how much they are isolated from most citizens. House Democrats should be leading the charge and more concerned about the extent and cascading of damage from Trump as POTUS.

:mental:

Star Member kimbutgar (10,616 posts)

27. Clinton got impeached for lying about a bj, but fat donnie with Russia's help to win the election

And Then profiting off being president despite being outrageous, treasonous and traitorous not subject to impeachment? To accept this and enable it makes you an enemy of America.

To salvage our constitution fat donnie needs to be impeached in congress. Turtle is so corrupt he won’t even bring up impeachment hearings in the senate. The Democrats will have the perfect narrative. Fat Donnie and Turtle want to tear up our constitution and make it a worthless piece of paper. The law of the land is thrown out the window. Liberty and justice for all is now bullshit.

edited and  :thatsright:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: I don't see the downside of Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »
They realize there is a zero % chance of actual removal from office, right?

Right?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 12:18:27 PM »
They realize there is a zero % chance of actual removal from office, right?

Right?

Most DUmmies think impeachment equals removal from office.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 12:28:43 PM »
Well DUmmys are really dumb so...
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 12:50:55 PM »
I say go for it Libs. Waste the last of your ammo now before the real battle begins in 2020. You're going into the next election cycle with next to nothing in your arsenal against a popular President with a thriving economy. Most people votes are based on their wallet and not on their ideology. All you offer the centrists is bad ideology and threats to their cash flow. Drop the other shoe now and then you have nothing or even less than nothing.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
You don't see a down side, but there is no upside. :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 04:11:25 PM »
Well, I don't see a down-side either ... for Trump or the Rs in the House and Senate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.