Author Topic: So it's official. Democrats will not pursue Impeachment  (Read 646 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So it's official. Democrats will not pursue Impeachment
« on: June 02, 2019, 11:09:45 AM »
Star Member berni_mccoy (21,121 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212154446

So it's official. Democrats will not pursue Impeachment

After hearing Schiff on the morning talk shows this morning, it is clear the Democrats are not going to pursue impeachment. And I don’t buy for a second the excuse that “unless Trump’s behavior warrants it.” Like he hasn’t continued to block subpoenas and investigations? He will, and I’m pretty sure at this point nothing will come of it.

This is incredibly disappointing. The House was flipped to hold Trump accountable and oversight and investigations are falling short of that. They are meaningless while Trump blocks them and nothing is done about it.

The next election will come with exoneration for Trump due to the inaction of the House and a suppressed voter turnout for the Democrats. The Democratic base of voters need Trump to be impeached. It would be enough to see their party fight for them for Democratic voters to continue to turn out. Otherwise, it looks like Trump is acceptable and voters won’t care enough.

:loser:

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (71,757 posts)

1. They're not doing it *yet.* Doesn't mean they won't do it.

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: So it's official. Democrats will not pursue Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 12:55:58 PM »
Lurking DUers, I'm sure the Democrats have run the numbers and understand what chances they have after impeaching Trump and the Senate finding him not guilty. They will not do anything that will harm their already low chances of winning in 2020. In this case you should trust your betters. They know things that you don't
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »
"because he won" is not a good enough reason. As stupid and vengeful as they are they realize they are just hurting themselves. Pelousy wants to hold on to her speakership and knows trying to impeach is a sure fire way to lose it.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 04:08:50 PM »
What is with DU-members fetish for the phrase,"It's official"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
When the election comes, perhaps most voters will be simply sick and tired of Trump and the endless crimes and investigations.
The only crimes you DUmmies talk about are collusion and obstruction. Two (2). That is it.

Mueller was unable to find the former had occurred which you would need to for the later to have happened.  :banghead:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke