Author Topic: Leftist estranged from decent people  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Delmar

Leftist estranged from decent people
« on: June 02, 2019, 05:55:35 PM »
Sun Jun 2, 2019, 05:28 PM
roamer65 (16,476 posts)

I've stopped doing business in Ohio.

I was buying gas, lottery tickets, etc down there. I am done buying in Ohio until that ****ing draconian abortion law is rescinded. I will avoid any purchases in that state...period.

Michigan gets my business from now on. GO BLUE...literally... in 2020. Michigan all BLUE in 2020.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212155437

From now on, Michigan gets this primitive's business--Ohio, I'm sure, will be sorry to lose it.  It falls on Michigan now to honor the food stamps or sell the lottery tickets or whatever else constitutes a primitive's "business.".

But what really caught my eye in this thread was one of the replies:

Response to roamer65 (Original post)Sun Jun 2, 2019, 05:35 PM
Star Member samnsara (8,294 posts)
2. a close friend of ours moved back to Ohio few years ago...

..to be near her kids and new grandchild and to go back to the rather high paying job that had been re offered to her. She already owned a home back there so she moves from Wash State back to Ohio. This weekend she called and said she sold her home, quit her job and is leaving Ohio for good due to the climate of hate there. Her kids supported Trump, she and her husband are D's, so now they are all estranged and she has no ties to them or the state.

The high paying job offer and the owned home in Ohio part of the story I am certain is a bunch of BS, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit that leftists would estrange themselves from family--grandchildren included--over support for President Trump.  That part of the story rings true.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Leftist estranged from decent people
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 06:02:27 PM »
:ohnoes:

One lone DUmmy will bankrupt the state of Ohio!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »
I've always said that someone who cuts ties with friends and family because of political differences were never much of a friend or family to those people in the first place. The friends and family left behind by the intolerant hate filled person are much better off without them in their lives.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 07:20:24 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 07:27:21 PM »
Response to roamer65 (Original post)
Sun Jun 2, 2019, 07:48 PM
 PatrickforO (8,196 posts)
14. Let's hope not only MI, but a lot of other states go blue in 2020.

IF we can get the word out, actually reach voters who mostly listen to AM talk radio and Fox then we'll win. But Friday night, Bill Maher showed footage of some Trump supporting woman who had just heard of Trump's obstruction.

And, our ten year old granddaughter is here from a state in the South - her dad, our son-in-law is in the armed forces - said that her parents say Trump doesn't lie, and that he's a good president.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 07:57:02 PM »
Guess that balances out the hundreds of gallons of diesel I didn't buy in New York because of their abortion laws
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 09:11:14 PM »
As an Ohioan I can say that I am quite proud that the number of babies killed will be reduced, thanks to the recent "Heartbeat" bill.

What is monstrous is some idiot thinking that saving babies shows hatred, that creating jobs for anyone who is willing and able to work shows stupidity, that bringing jobs back to America - rather than saying they can never be brought back - shows hatred and stupidity, and that a "climate of hate" exists in Ohio, when I just returned from a "Strawberry Festival" in Troy (north of Dayton) and rode three buses filled with Americans of all kinds talking and laughing with each other, where Americans of European descent were entertained by babies with mixed-race parents, and where Afro-American entrepreneurs were selling skin cream and other products to people of all colors.

The "climate of hate" did not prevent an Afro-American Fifth Grader in Columbus from starting a fund-raising effort to help the victims of tornadoes in western Ohio, victims of all colors and creeds.  The "climate of hate" in Ohio recently had thousands show up for an anti-KKK rally to counter one sponsored by the Klan, which had under 20 people arrive - mainly from out of state!

In short - having traveled around Ohio recently - it is showing very good signs of growth and happiness again, after the 8 dreadful years of MAObama.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 09:50:27 PM »
Abortion is rightfully called the "American Holocaust", but wanting to eliminate it is hate?  :confused:

If someone ever wonders how the German people of the 1930's could seemingly so easily allow evil to influence their mindset, look no further than the modern-day liberal.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:14:21 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online jukin

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 10:21:13 PM »
All those stories are lies.

The DUches never lived there or are staying.  Lying It is a DUmmy thing.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 11:21:45 PM »
I've always said that someone who cuts ties with friends and family because of political differences were never much of a friend or family to those people in the first place. The friends and family left behind by the intolerant hate filled person are much better off without them in their lives.
My family, more conservative than not, has learned when to say "let's just drop it" (pretty much when conservatives are buttressed by facts).

And we drop it.  No argument is worth my family's love and cohesion.  Except one ultra-lib nephew.  But he is a dick so who cares.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 04:32:41 AM »
Yes indeed, all the way!
If they are so petty as to sever ties with their loved ones over mere political differences, they must have not been much of a friend or loved one to them in the first place. My own best friend describes himself as a "JFK Democrat," but he and I would never end our friendship over mere differences in political beliefs.

And, yes, the less vicious and hateful people (i.e. DUmmies) that a person has in their lives, the better.