Author Topic: This just hits my funny bone  (Read 656 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
This just hits my funny bone
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:42:48 PM »

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212137668

So I clicked on this thread from the smartest people on the internet. There is an OP and at this point, 3 replies.

100% of the thread has misspellings.  :lmao:

Ellipsis
Chinese manufactured parts hold up 15,000 dollar car repair?

I had to drop Mrs Ellipsis car off for Racccon hit, while there... they were telling about all sorts of parts issues they were having. Like a 2018 truck waiting for a week for a headlight to complete the repair.

And.... also this morning I got an email from a distibutor I occasionally buy from in New York .

"We understand the disruptive nature these tariffs have on your business and will do our best to moderate their impact. With that being said, we can no longer absorb these increases and are forced to pass them along.

Effective June 1st we will be increasing pricing on the products impacted."

The person at the repair shop, not at all political, most likely conservative goes "I wonder if this Trump thing with China is causing this " I can't get the headlight local so I have to fed-ex it next day from three states away for a hundred plus dollars.

This shit's getting old for everybody.

Lochloosa
1. We understand the disruptive nature.
I but large steel and aluminum structures. That statement is becoming a daily occurrence.

Delmette2.0
2. Just wait.
For when military parts are needed to continue with a war Dipshit started.

This exact scenario was brought up in and economics class I was taking 35 years ago! Every time a corporation moved operations overseas, our national security was in jeopardy.

napi21
3. Of course, our fearless leader doesn't GAS! Everyone around him tried to tell him about the
major problems a trade war would cause here in the , but, as usual, he knew what he wanted to do and didn't GAS who got hurt.

I HOPE, when he looses the 2020 election, someone has the balls to tell him it was HIS OWN DAMN FAULT!

:rotf:  I’m no English major but, damn!  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: This just hits my funny bone
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 05:38:00 AM »
Hasn't affected me, so there must not be a problem.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 07:38:43 AM »
Delmette2.0
2. Just wait.
For when military parts are needed to continue with a war Dipshit started.

Well, what do ya think about that?!
DUmmie just called the LightBringer Dipshit!!!!!

It surely wasn't referring to Trump, because he hasn't started any wars, unlike that JEF that preceded him.

And according to Reggie Love's salami hiding receptacle, he ENDED Bush's Iraq war, so it couldn't be Bush either.

You learn something new every day.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:42:11 AM by VelvetElvis »
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 09:00:16 AM »
IF the car company or after-market parts company buys from China, parts that would be affected by tariffs, if any, would still be on the boats. So on its face this :bouncy: has an anachronism problem.

Even farther into the real world, clothing and plastics companies have known for a year or more that the current situation was somewhere between possible and likely, and hedged their business by producing some of their products outside of China, with capacity available for a fuller shift. For example, between wear-out and the number of running events I do, all my shoes and race T-shirts I use for work-outs are a year old or less. Except for one pair of shoes, all my shirts and most of my shoes were made in Central America or SE Asia rather than China.

All in all, I think this :bouncy: is fabricated DU-Cred-Fodder.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 09:21:06 AM »
Ellipsis
Chinese manufactured parts hold up 15,000 dollar car repair?

:-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:32:45 AM »
IF the car company or after-market parts company buys from China, parts that would be affected by tariffs, if any, would still be on the boats. So on its face this :bouncy: has an anachronism problem.

Even farther into the real world, clothing and plastics companies have known for a year or more that the current situation was somewhere between possible and likely, and hedged their business by producing some of their products outside of China, with capacity available for a fuller shift. For example, between wear-out and the number of running events I do, all my shoes and race T-shirts I use for work-outs are a year old or less. Except for one pair of shoes, all my shirts and most of my shoes were made in Central America or SE Asia rather than China.

All in all, I think this :bouncy: is fabricated DU-Cred-Fodder.

Funny how they all want to bitch about tariffs (taxes) but have no problem telling us US corporations don't pay their fair share.  Wonder why it increases the costs of goods from overseas, but not domestic products?

Enquiring minds want to know.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen