Author Topic: It was inevitable...  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Karin

It was inevitable...
« on: May 23, 2019, 08:52:10 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212124535

Thu May 23, 2019, 08:30 PM
 question everything (35,115 posts)

I can't help it. Many of the people hurt by the recent wave of tornadoes

and hurricanes think that climate change is a hoax. They also do not want a functioning government - until they ask for help.

A tornado hit Missouri capital. Too late, the anti abortion law already passed.

I hope that DUers from Oklahoma and Texas and Missouri and Iowa and Nebraska are OK.

But otherwise...

To the DUmp's credit, it didn't go particularly well.  Poops checked in at the thread, scared only for herself. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: It was inevitable...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 09:09:22 PM »
Poops checked in at the thread, scared only for herself.

But given the locale of the story, I rather more expected Amber, LadyFreedomReturns, to wax nostalgic about how traumatized she was by the tornadoes of Joplin lo these many years ago.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »
> I rather more expected Amber, LadyFreedomReturns, to wax nostalgic about how traumatized she was by the tornadoes of Joplin

I suspect LFR is either backstage playing the skin flute or behind the DUmpster doing same.  She likely has a tornado of her own by now if it pays well.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 10:34:13 PM »
There is nothing unique in any of the weather happening currently, anywhere in the US. The closest to unique I know of is the rainy May here in Central CA, but some 45 years ago my high school graduation had to be held indoors ... because it had rained a couple of days before.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:41:18 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 09:48:52 AM »
I'll gladly accept an occasional tornado, of which there is ZERO evidence that they are man made.  Piles of feces and used needles in liberal west coast cities ARE a man made disaster.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 01:35:46 PM »
Just wait until there fewer or no tornadoes.  That will once again be used as scientific proof of AGW.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/globalwarming2.html

NOTE how many of those are more of X is proof of AGW and less of X is proof of AGW.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 07:47:04 PM »
But given the locale of the story, I rather more expected Amber, LadyFreedomReturns, to wax nostalgic about how traumatized she was by the tornadoes of Joplin lo these many years ago.

That was my thought as well, Coach.  I haven't seen her at the dump for a while... I've been really busy the last 2 years so that don't mean anything... but when I saw this I was wondering if Amber is still upright or if her body is feeding cacti in the desert.  :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 08:53:48 PM »
Did we not have tornados prior to the year 2000?  If I recall correctly,  there was a doozy of a twister in 1939 that was so powerful it blew poor dorothy and her little dog from Kansas to the land of munchkins.  Was that caused by climate change too?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 08:34:25 AM »
Did we not have tornados prior to the year 2000?  If I recall correctly,  there was a doozy of a twister in 1939 that was so powerful it blew poor dorothy and her little dog from Kansas to the land of munchkins.  Was that caused by climate change too?
What about the 1880, '83, and '84 outbreaks?

People in the most tornado-prone areas of the country have been seeing tornadoes for generations (because tornadoes are linked with the U.S.'s topography), but this DU poster thinks recent tornadoes should somehow make one believe in global warming.   

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 10:46:07 AM »
"A tornado hit Missouri capital. Too late, the anti abortion law already passed."
Heartless, sub- human ghoul.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 12:34:20 PM »
question everything (35,115 posts)
A tornado hit Missouri capital. Too late, the anti abortion law already passed.

:mental: I guess this demonstrates that God is anti-abortion, since He didn't prevent the vote or bump off a few selected legislators. :mental:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 12:43:21 PM »
What about the 1880, '83, and '84 outbreaks?

those were all  caused by climate change brought upon by unregulated cow farts since SUVs didn't exist at the time....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 12:54:15 PM »
those were all  caused by climate change brought upon by unregulated cow farts since SUVs didn't exist at the time....

Hell, man made Glowballs warming can be attributed to cave men killing Mammoths, and the fires required to keep warm..........because  cold...or something...
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 04:52:26 PM »

SUBs (Sport Utility Buggies)

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 06:16:04 AM »
That was my thought as well, Coach.  I haven't seen her at the dump for a while... I've been really busy the last 2 years so that I don't mean anything... but when I saw this I was wondering if Amber is still upright or if her body is feeding cacti in the desert.  :cheersmate:

We can hope...😂😂😂
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.